SCFC Weekly Connection
Meet with us this Sunday for the next message in our "Moving Forward" with God series. We're excited to see you this Sunday at 10:30am or on our livestream by clicking here.
LAST WEEK'S MESSAGE
We have all wanted something that seems like such a good thing - even a God thing - yet we cry out with seemingly unanswered prayers. As we look at the life of Hannah on her journey to motherhood, we look upon her with empathy as we see ourselves in her story. How are we to respond?
In this teaching, special speaker, Lisa Garon, unpacks this and helps us apply what we learn to our lives today.
Handling Unkind People
People can be unkind, mean, or even nefarious toward us. How we reciprocate can be a challenge, but it can also build our character. Let's explore a Bible passage that helps us handle unkind people. https://youtu.be/2vBKe5Otr2E
PRAY WITHOUT CEASING
- Pray for Nick and Yolanda LeMonds in their new church plant, Forge Life Church, in Newberg. Over the past few months they have seen God provide them with good traction of around 35 people attending on Tuesday evenings. Feel free to pay them a visit. We need all types of church to reach all types of people. Check out their website.
- Pray for our 3 Luke 10 teams going from Northwest Yearly Meeting to Athens, Greece, Ecuador with the Shuar people, and Hungary to Eastern Europe.
- Pray for our Pastoral Search Committee, and Elders, as they prayerfully seek God's will in the process of deciding who our next lead pastor will be.
- Pray for Pat Weber as she is home recovering from her surgery to remove an arterial blockage in her neck.
- Continue to pray for Frances Barnum's family. Frances passed away recently.
- Continue to pray for Rob Whitaker's cousins, Justin and Katie and their baby boy Job.
- Pray for Rachel Vanden Hoek.
- Pray for Verne and Ellen Martin's health.
- Continue praying for the Ukraine 🇺🇦 and Russia situation.
DAILY BIBLE READING
Jesus said “Let your LIGHT shine before others, so that they may see your good deeds and GLORIFY YOUR FATHER in heaven.” (Matthew 5:16)
☀️ What can you do today (this week; this season) to let your LIGHT shine?
Read the Bible every day. Download the Youversion Bible app for Apple or Android Here
YOUTH GROUP EVENTS
Last Wednesday was a blast at Langer's with the youth group. I (Pastor Bob) saw them relaxed with one another and had huge smiles on their faces like never before. They were a community together. We had a dozen kids and a few who normally don’t come. God is good!!
Our night was filled with bowling, pizza, and playing arcade games. We have money in our youth ministry budget, however, if you would like to contribute specifically to our youth group event fund so we are able to continue doing even more fun community youth group events like this past one, you can do that here: https://faithlife.com/scfc-s/give?funds=49593
Thank you so much and God bless you!
SUMMER CAMP INFORMATION
ADULTS - CAMPS NEED YOUR HELP
Twin Rocks Friends Camp & Camp Tilikum need your assistance for paid and volunteer positions. Young Adult Summer Staff, Program Volunteer positions, and Operations Volunteer positions are available.
REGISTRATION FOR CAMP: GRADES 4TH - 12TH
Summer Camp is a fun adventure full of activities every day. Camps fill up FAST. Register for each camp individually on their website linked below.
Twin Rocks Kids Camp (4th-6th graders) July 6-10
Twin Rocks Tween Camp (middle school) July 11-16
Twin Rocks Surfside (high school) August 1-6
BIRTHDAYS & ANNIVERSARIES
May 12-May 19
Don Powers (14)
Molly Zettlemoyer (16)
Mike & Mintha Muhr (15)
Faith Promise Update
YTD Donations: $1750
As followers of Jesus, we want to do what Jesus did. This means we are to actively demonstrate self-sacrificial love by serving the people around us and setting aside our own personal desires or preferences. It takes a lot of volunteers to sustain our weekly routines at Sherwood Community Friends Church. As a family, we ask everyone to please all pitch in.
We are partners with Jesus to serve our Sherwood community and want to be a church marked by radical generosity for God's Kingdom work. Ten percent of every dollar that comes in to SCFC goes directly to supporting Northwest Yearly Meeting to come alongside what they do both locally and globally. Help us help more people find and follow Jesus.
Contact us at email@example.com with questions.
Stay connected with everything going on with our church community by following us on social media.