Welcome and Announcements
Call to Worship
* Hymn 160 God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen
*Salutation and Invocation
We Confess our Christian Faith
Heidelberg Catechism #126
*God Renews His Covenant with Us in His Law
*Hymn 641 Away in a Manger
Scripture Reading: Romans 6:12-23
Text: verses 17-18
Sermon “Sweetly Bent to Serve my Savior”
Prayer (concluded with Lord's Prayer in unison)
Hymn 168 Hark the Herald Angels Sing
(Tithes & Offerings Collected)
Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper
- We celebrate the Lord’s Supper during worship today. VISITORS: Please see the insert and put the completed statement of your faith in the offering plate if you would like to join us today. We encourage ALL guests and members to review the basics of the Lord’s Supper, as they are explained on the insert.
- Please join us this week for special celebrations of the coming of Jesus. Join us on Christmas Eve at 7pm and on Christmas morning at 10 am.
- Christmas Eve Program: we invite any church members (or guests who will be present) to participate with a reading, song, instrumental piece, ensemble, etc. Please see the pastor with your ideas so he can arrange the program accordingly.
- The Annual Congregational Meeting has been set for January 23, 2022, after a fellowship lunch. The officers nominated for election at that meeting are Elder: Larry Stock, Deacon: Ben Stock. Please see the Consistory meeting Summary for additional information on a variety of matters.
- NOTE: there will be no fellowship meal on December 26 and the only meal in January will be on the Sunday of the Annual Meeting.
“Sweetly Bent to Serve my Savior”