Racial Justice Sunday
This Sunday is Racial Justice Sunday. Our passionate racial justice task force will be leading worship, teaching us about the history of the United Methodist Church, and calling us to action. It promises to be an inspirational service, I hope to see you there in person or online. ~Patti
Church Office Closed
This year, Martin Luther King Jr. Day will be observed on Monday, January 16th. Below are a few United Methodist resources for personal and communal use. May we continue to learn from the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., not just on this day, but through our journey as people of faith and members within the wider community.
United Methodist Communications/Resource UMC - In this video series, we meet some of the United Methodists who walked with Dr. King and share his dream. Transcripts included with each video.
From the General Commission on Religion and Race.
- What Is Beloved Community? - A recent addition to our "What Is?" series
- 25 Traits of Beloved Community - A continued reflection on Martin Luther King, Jr.'s beloved community
- "Raising Antiracist Kids" - This new episode of our Expanding the Table podcast will release on Tuesday, January 17th.
Contribution Statements for 2022
2022 Contribution Statements have been emailed.
If you do not see an email from Smoky Hill UMC at No-Reply, please check your Junk and Spam folders.
If you still do no see your emailed statement, please send an email to email@example.com.
Thank you for your generosity in 2022!
Finance Director Wanted
Click here for Job Description
New Church Directory!
Photography starts soon for our new Pictorial Church Directory. Starting next week, appointment sign-up sheets will be available before and after Services in the Gathering Space for you to hand schedule your appointment time. Bring your calendar and plan ahead. WE NEED YOU! Make sure you are included in the new pictorial directory. You can schedule your appointment anytime by phone at 303-400-6023 or online at www.bettingerphoto.com
Next Yoga Class Jan. 17
YOGA IS HERE AT SMOKY HILL UMC!
Tuesday, Jan 17 at 1:30 PM in Celebration Hall
Brought to you by your Abundant Health team, this class is open to all interested persons – Men and Women; young and not so young; in shape or not so in shape. Our instructor, Zachary Horan, has agreed to offer this class on a donation basis (suggested $5-$10 or so per session).
Wear loose clothing and bring a mat, if possible. We will have a few mats available for use.
Why do yoga? Zachary explains:
Yoga is a practice for anybody and EveryBody that unites the mind, breath and body.
The movement practice of Yoga can also...
1) Increase the range of motion in joints as well as flexibility in the muscles
2) Improve breathing
3) Strengthen stability and stabilizer muscles in the body
4) Provide active rest by moving through sets of postures gentle to the body with only body weight
5) Balance and align the body by creating awareness in and out through conscious postures and positions
6) Enhance overall health by reducing stress, pain and is a great way to live a longer, active life!
The SHUMC Racial Justice Task Force would like to invite you to our next Movie Matinee.
Please come and see a great movie and a deep insight into an experience that opened many minds and hearts to the need for racial justice in America.
Allegiance - The story, set during the Japanese American internment of World War II (with a framing story set in the present day), was inspired by the personal experiences of George Takei, who stars in the musical.
WHEN: Sunday January 22nd 2023 @12:30pm
WHERE: Smoky Hill United Methodist Church
We will gather in Celebration Hall to watch Allegiance following the pot luck. Please RSVP and come spend an afternoon learning and being entertained.
Hosted by the SHUMC Racial Justice Task Force
Adult Discipleship Opportunities
- Adult Sunday School Online and In-Person
- Long-Term Classes or Groups
- United Methodist Women's Circles
- Spiritual Support Team
- Men's Group Contact and Fundraisers
- Social Justice Taskforce
Spanish Bible Study
Spanish Bible Study
Wed. & Fri. 7-9 p.m. on Zoom
(Meeting ID: 957 9657 8578 Passcode: iB485W)
Care & Prayer Team
Spanish Prayer Requests Group
Prayer Requests Group
Thursdays 7-9 p.m. on Zoom
(Meeting ID: 990 1019 4360 Passcode: zcpC15)