The Compass Newsletter
If you are interested in being baptized or have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and call 863-638-1019.
Mission Trip to Kentucky
We are working to organize a mission trip to travel to Kentucky and assist with the clean up and rebuilding following the flood. We will be leaving on Thursday, October 20th and return on Monday, October 24th. Are you interested in going? Sign up at: email@example.com or 863-638-1019.
We need your help to staff our family room during the 10:15 AM worship service on Sundays and Wednesday evenings 6-7 PM. We need volunteers -- just like you -- to play with and hold our newborns through 3 years of age.
Contact Julie for additional information at 863-638-1019 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Sunday (September 11th) you will be greeted by the aroma of freshly baked cinnamon rolls. The cinnamon rolls will be available for a donation in both the 9 and 10:15 AM services. The proceeds will be used to support the two children CWC sponsor through "Children of Promise." Additional information in the dock/café.
Baby Dedication Sunday will be on, October 16, 2022, during the 10:15 worship service. It is important as a church we surround these parents and families to be a consistent source of encouragement, strength and resources as they raise their child.
If you would like to participate in the service, please contact us at email@example.com or 863-638-1019.
Wednesday Evening Opportunities
Wednesday evening growth opportunities are back! We are excited to offer something for everyone in the family: adult Bible studies with Pastor Chad; South Youth (grades 6-12); South Kids (grades K-5); Family Room (ages birth-4); and pickleball.
We have a place for you!
Contact the church office at 863.638.1019 or firstname.lastname@example.org to update your prayer requests.
- Black, Jim – breathing issues
- Benson, Heather – health issues (Cheryl Benson’s daughter-in-law)
- Collins, Lorena – knee and back issues
- Curtis, Darrel – stage 4 kidney disease
- Darr, George – recovering from surgery
- Darr, Joyce – health issues
- Fair, Shirley – back issues
- First Responders
- Fischer, Leslie – stage 5 kidney failure (Sherry Cristini’s sister-in-law)
- Front Line Health Care Workers.
- Hickey, Raymond – cancer and broken leg (son of Jim & Susan Black)
- Holeton, Al – health issues
- Horn, Ron – congestive heart failure
- Hunt, Dolly – liver & kidney issues
- Leilani – unspoken (Edith Garrett’s daughter)
- Mann, Reece – cancer (Joyce Collins’ nephew)
- Scott, Lexie – health issues (Chris Scott’s family member)
- Sellwood, Mark – cancer (Alice Neill’s neighbor)
- Sikora, Kaci – pancreatitis – (Dewey & Kathy Westerburg’s granddaughter)
- Sophia – financial assistance for parents (Diane Peace’s niece)
- Singer, David – stage 4 kidney failure
- Stoddard, Dick – stage 4 lung cancer and COPD (Bob Bogart’s friend)
- Stokes, Bob and June – many health issues
- Storer, Betty – health issues (Linda Marino’s sister)
- Thompson, Chad – pancreatic cancer (Marilyn Thompson’s son)
- Thompson, Emmy – recovering from knee replacement surgery
- Varda, Barbara – blood issues (Linda Golack’s friend)
- Warner University Faculty, Staff and Students
- Westerburg, Dewey - health issues
We believe in the power of prayer! Stop and pray with us every Thursday at noon right were you are or in the sanctuary/CMC. Just Pray!
This Week South Kids At Home
Leading our kids spiritually is vitally important. Each week you can implement what your Kids are learning at HOME. Click the picture above to download the LifeWay kids app. It’s free! Select Gospel project kids. Then your family can choose from games, coloring pages and activities to enhance what you’re learning each Sunday in South Kid’s.