The Compass Newsletter
Baby Dedication Sunday is, October 16, 2022, during the 10:15 worship service. It is important as a church we surround these parents and families to be a consistent source of encouragement, strength and resources as they raise their child.
Cape Coral Work Trip
Join the Team!
Due to circumstances our work trip has been changed from Kentucky to Cape Coral, Florida.
Join the Team on Saturday, October 22nd, we will drive down to the Water's Edge Church of God and meet with Pastor Don. He will guide us to locations that we can help in the hurricane Ian clean up. We would like to take several teams of people equipped and ready for a day of yard clean up.
Joint the Team by lending tools such as chainsaws, extra chains, rakes, etc. Please label all items.
Join the Team with designated funds.
Join the Team with prayers for safety of those driving, working and encouragement for those we help on Saturday.
Join the Team. This link will have additional information and sign up form.
This month we want to show our appreciation to our three (3) pastors -- Pastor Chad, Dr. Darr, and Mr. Austin. We have baskets displayed in the dock/café so you can leave a note card or a gift card or a gift to show your appreciation for their ministry.
Senior Adult Carry-in Dinner
Senior Adult Carry-in Dinner
Thursday, October 20, 2022
in the Sanctuary
You will enjoy
Great fellowship, Great food, and a Great program
We will have our baptism service on Sunday, October 30th in the 10:15 AM service. Come celebrate with those making this decision!
If you are interested in being baptized or have questions, please contact us at email@example.com and call 863-638-1019.
This year we will be handing out Fall Treat bags to all of our children and their friends on Sunday, October 30th, following the 10:15 AM worship service. We encourage our children, of all ages, to come dressed-up in appropriate costumes. The treat bags will be full of small toys, some candy, and something salty.
This will take the place of the Trunk-n-Treat we have held in the past.
Contact the church office at 863.638.1019 or firstname.lastname@example.org to update your prayer requests.
- Black, Jim – health issues
- Curtis, Darrel – stage 4 kidney disease
- Fasel, Jeremy – cancer
- First Responders
- Fischer, Leslie – stage 5 kidney failure (Sherry Cristini’s sister-in-law)
- Foster, Carol - COVID
- Front Line Health Care Workers
- Hamilton, Gary – health issues (Sara Bogart’s nephew)
- Head, Earlene - COVID
- Hickey, Raymond – cancer and broken leg (son of Jim & Susan Black)
- Holeton, Al - COVID
- Horn, Ron – congestive heart failure
- Hunt, Dolly – liver & kidney issues
- Huntsman, Tony – health issues
- Linamen, Larry – cancer (Shirley Fair’s brother)
- Mann, Reece – cancer (Joyce Collins’ nephew)
- Sellwood, Mark – cancer (Alice Neill’s neighbor)
- Sikora, Kaci – pancreatitis – (Dewey & Kathy Westerburg’s granddaughter)
- Sophia – financial assistance for parents (Diane Peace’s niece)
- Singer, David – stage 4 kidney failure
- Stoddard, Dick – stage 4 lung cancer and COPD (Bob Bogart’s friend)
- Storer, Betty – health issues (Linda Marino’s sister)
- Thomas, Dave – recovering from COVID
- Thompson, Chad – pancreatic cancer (Marilyn Thompson’s son)
- Valarie – Loss of home during Hurricane Ian (Susan Black’s niece)
- Varda, Barbara – blood issues (Linda Golack’s friend)
- Victims of Hurricane Ian
- Warner University Faculty, Staff and Students
- Westerburg, Dewey – health issues
We believe in the power of prayer! Stop and pray with us every Thursday at noon right were you are or in the sanctuary/CMC. Just Pray!
We need your help to staff our family room during the 10:15 AM worship service on Sundays and Wednesday evenings 6-7 PM. We need volunteers -- just like you -- to play with and hold our newborns through 3 years of age.
Contact Julie for additional information at 863-638-1019 or email@example.com.
Wednesday Evening Opportunities
Wednesday evening growth opportunities are back! We are excited to offer something for everyone in the family: adult Bible studies with Pastor Chad; South Youth (grades 6-12); South Kids (grades K-5); Family Room (ages birth-4); and pickleball.
We have a place for you!
We are now excepting Elder Nominations for next year. Prayerfully consider and recommend individuals who meet elder profile characteristics. The forms can be found in the dock/café. Please place completed forms (in a sealed envelope) in the offering boxes. If you have questions, contact Dr. Terry Fasel.