The Compass Newsletter
Praise the Lord for the Promises of Faith service we shared last Sunday. It was a great opportunity for us to meet and learn about the missions SLWCOG supports both locally and internationally. Thank you to the many people who helped to make this day happen.
The missions are part of our annual budget but we were seeking pledges to meet the "challenge" budget ($9,500 above the annual mission budget) to be sent to our mission partners this next year. To date we have $12,400 in pledges, WOW! If you want to get involved, you can still send a pledge to the church office or send a designated offering. Remember the Promises of Faith pledges are above your tithes and regular giving.
"I'm blessed to a part of a generous and giving church community! To God be the GLORY!" ~ Dr. Terry Fasel, Mission Committee Chair.
Prayer Circle Survey
We have witnessed the power of prayer in our church, our community, and our own lives. Would you like to deepen your prayer life? Do you want to share in group? This opportunity may be just what you are looking for to start the new year of 2023.
Scan the link and complete the Prayer Circle group interest survey. These groups will be designed to meet regularly through the month of May. Thank you.
Senior Adult Sunday School Kickoff
February 5, 2023
Senior Adult Sunday School will follow the 9:00 AM worship service.
Bring your Bible, notebook, and a pen.
Contact the church office at 863.638.1019 or email@example.com to update your prayer requests.
- Albrecht, Sara – health issues (daughter of Al & Jan Bordine)
- Alexander, Laura Grace – cancer (friend of Sara Bogart)
- Applewhite, Maurice – recovering from eye surgery
- Armed Force personnel
- Bordine, Jim – recovering from foot surgery (son of Al & Jan Bordine)
- Caregivers for loved ones
- Chistison, Daniel – addiction (Jody Praklet’s son-in-law)
- Curtis, Darrel – stage 4 kidney disease
- Dunn, Patricia – health issues
- Durham, Carolyn – health issues
- First Responders
- Hager, Andy – pending back surgery
- Hamilton, Gary – health issues (Sara Bogart’s nephew)
- Hickey, Raymond – cancer (son of Jim & Susan Black)
- Holeton, Al – health issues
- Jackson, Ruthanne – home hospice
- Linamen, Larry – cancer (Shirley Fair’s brother)
- Nedialkoo, Zachary – direction (Jody Praklet’s grandson)
- Pratt, Michael – health issues
- Reed, Julia – broken ankle (Rita Polston’s mom)
- Relyea, Miriam – passing of her husband (Elva Mattox’s sister)
- Ritchey, Kim – health issues
- Schrecker, Samatha – Guillain-Barre’ syndrome (Terri Holstrom’s niece)
- Sikora, Kaci – pancreatitis – (Dewey & Kathy Westerburg’s granddaughter)
- Singer, David – beginning dialysis
- Stoddard, Dick – stage 4 lung cancer and COPD (Bob Bogart’s friend)
- Stought, Udora – breast cancer
- Turner, Alice – dementia (Michael Turner’s mom)
- Vickey, Bruce – macular degeneration.
- Warner University Faculty, Staff and Students
- Westerburg, Dewey – health issues
- Wienk, Bill – grief (Penny Wienk-Reynolds’ brother)
- Wilcox, Robert – parkinson’s disease (Joan Wilcox’s brother)
- Wilson, Dan & Diana – health issues
We believe in the power of prayer! Stop and pray with us every Thursday at noon right were you are or in the sanctuary/CMC.
Life Line Screening
Time is running out...sign up today!
A screening can provide Peace of Mind or Early Detection. On January 27th you have the opportunity to participate in the LifeLine Screening. The screening package is only $149 (50% saving) and includes: Carotid Artery Screening (plaque); peripheral Arterial Disease Screening; Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA); Atrial Fibrillation; and Osteoporosis Risk.
Appointments can be made at their website or by calling 1.888.653.6441.