The Compass Newsletter
Prayer Circle Survey
We have witnessed the power of prayer in our church, our community, and our own lives. Would you like to deepen your prayer life? Do you want to share in group? This opportunity may be just what you are looking for to start the new year of 2023.
Scan the link and complete the Prayer Circle group interest survey. These groups will be designed to meet regularly through the month of May. Thank you.
Senior Adult Sunday School Kickoff
Sunday, February 5, 2023
Senior Adult Sunday School will follow the 9:00 AM worship service.
Bring your Bible, notebook, and a pen.
Contact the church office at 863.638.1019 or email@example.com to update your prayer requests.
- Albrecht, Sara – health issues & job opportunity (daughter of Al & Jan Bordine)
- Alexander, Laura Grace – cancer (friend of Sara Bogart)
- Armed Force personnel
- Bordine, Jim – recovering from foot surgery (son of Al & Jan Bordine)
- Caregivers for loved ones
- Chistison, Daniel – addiction (Jody Praklet’s son-in-law)
- Curtis, Darrel – stage 4 kidney disease
- Dunn, Patricia – health issues
- Durham, Carolyn – health issues
- Fair Shirley – COVID and passing of her brother, Larry Linamen
- First Responders
- Hager, Andy – pending back surgery
- Hamilton, Gary – health issues (Sara Bogart’s nephew)
- Hickey, Raymond – cancer (son of Jim & Susan Black)
- Holeton, Al – health issues
- Jackson, Don – passing of his wife, Ruthanne
- Nedialkoo, Zachary – direction (Jody Praklet’s grandson)
- Pratt, Michael – health issues
- Reed, Julia – broken ankle (Rita Polston’s mom)
- Relyea, Miriam – passing of her husband (Elva Mattox’s sister)
- Schrecker, Samatha – Guillain-Barre’ syndrome (Terri Holstrom’s niece)
- Scott, Charlie – stage 3 lung cancer (Chris Scott’s uncle)
- Sikora, Kaci – pancreatitis – (Dewey & Kathy Westerburg’s granddaughter)
- Singer, David – beginning dialysis
- Stoddard, Dick – stage 4 lung cancer and COPD (Bob Bogart’s friend)
- Stought, Udora – breast cancer
- Turner, Alice – dementia (Michael Turner’s mom)
- Vickey, Bruce – macular degeneration.
- Warner University Faculty, Staff and Students
- Westerburg, Dewey – health issues
- Wienk, Bill – grief (Penny Wienk-Reynolds’ brother)
- Wilcox, Robert – parkinson’s disease (Joan Wilcox’s brother)
- Wilson, Dan & Diana – health issues
We believe in the power of prayer! Stop and pray with us every Thursday at noon right where you are or in the sanctuary/CMC.
Quarterly Financial Summary
Bring your sack lunch and join us for an hour of an old-fashion hymn sing. Seating passes (free) available through the church office at 863.638.1019 or office @slwcog.com.