St. Peter’s/San Pedro Episcopal Church
First Sunday in Lent, March 6, 2022
Holy Eucharist Rite II
The Rev. Nathan W. Ives, Celebrant
The Liturgy of the Word
Processional Guide me, O thou Great Jehovah Hymn 690
An Exhortation BCP, 316
A Penitential Order, Rite II BCP, 351
Lord have mercy upon us Hymn S91
The Collect of the Day Lectionary Insert
Old Testament Lesson Deuteronomy 26:1-11
The Psalm Psalm 91:1-2, 9-16
Epistle Romans 10:8-13
Sequence Hymn Forty days and forty nights Hymn 150
Gospel Luke 4:1-13
Sermon Father Nathan
The Nicene Creed BCP, 358
The Prayers of the People Insert
The Holy Eucharist
Offertory Shepherd of souls, refresh and bless Hymn 343
Eucharistic Prayer A BCP, 361
The Lord’s Prayer BCP, 364
The Breaking of the Bread BCP, 364
Agnus Dei Hymn S158
All baptized Christians are welcome to receive Holy Communion. Gluten-free wafers are available, please ask at the altar if you need one. Anyone wishing a blessing in place of Holy Communion is encouraged to come forward
and cross their arms at the altar.
Communion Hymn O Lord, hear my prayer
Post Communion Prayer BCP, 365
Recessional O love how deep, how broad, how high Hymn 448
Almighty God, whose blessed Son was led by the Spirit to be tempted by Satan: Come quickly to help us who are assaulted by many temptations; and, as you know the weaknesses of each of us, let each one find you mighty to save; through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.
The sunflowers in front of the altar are given as a reminder to pray for peace and deliverance of the people of Ukraine. The sanctuary candle are given this month to the Glory of God in memory of Marian Nickson.
The Tower Lights are lit this month to the Glory of God in honor of the people of Ukraine and people suffering in all parts of the world.
This week at St. Peter's/San Pedro
· Office Hours this week: Tues-Fri 9am to 4pm.
· Alcoholics Anonymous on Tues (7:30pm) and Friday (8pm).
· Bilingual Bible Study will take place on Wednesdays at 7pm. Please see the weekly email from St. Peter’s/San Pedro for the link.
· Our Lenten Study: What is truth? Continues on Thursdays at 7pm online on Zoom. Please consult the weekly enewsletter for the link.
· Not receiving our weekly email to know what’s planned at St. Peter’s/San Pedro? Please fill in a registration form located on the lectern at the entrance to the church and place it in the offertory plate or give to Fr. Nathan. We would be delighted to add you to our email list.
· Ana Nuncio & Fr. Nathan are working to reestablish a biweekly Sunday School at St. Peter’s/San Pedro. If you would like to help or know of anyone who might join (parishioner’s children or not), please let us know. All area children are most welcome to this bilingual program.
Euch. Min.: Jinny Lavoie
Lector: Ellen Sweet
Altar Guild: Deb Barber
Serving next Saturday, 3/12 at 4pm
Euch. Minister: Bob Simoneau
Lectors: Wendy Spoto and Blanca Martinez
Altar Guild: Holly Green
Sunday 3/13 at 10:30am
Eucharistic Min.: Geneva Kelleher
Lectors: Rebecca Chafe/Ana Nuncio
Altar Guild: Holly Green
Additional liturgical volunteers are needed.
Please see Fr. Nathan if interested in serving in this way. Thank you.