Saint Mark Parish
Church • 14 members • 137 followers
About this group
“We give thanks to God for all of you.” 1Thess.1:2
- Bulletin: Week of June 28 Readings for the👇 13th Sunday in Ordinary Time http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/062820.cfm ————————— READINGS FOR THE WEEK Monday: Acts 12:1-11; Ps 34:2-9; 2 Tm 4:6-8, 17-18; Mt 16:13-19 Tuesday: Am 3:1-8; 4:11-12; Ps 5:4b-8; Mt 8:23-27 Wednesday: Am 5:14-15, 21-24; Ps 50:7-13, 16bc-17; Mt 8:28-34 Thursday: Am 7:10-17; Ps 19:8-11; Mt 9:1-8 Friday: Eph 2:19-22; Ps 117:1bc, 2; Jn 20:24-29 Saturday: Am 9:11-15; Ps 85:9ab, 10-14; Mt 9:14-17 Sunday: Zec 9:9-10; Ps 145:1-2, 8-11, 13-14; Rom 8:9, 11-13; Mt 11:25-3June 28 2020June 28 2020www.usccb.org
- Solemnity of the Nativity of John the Baptist The tongue of Zacharia is loosened at the naming of the one who leaped for joy at Mary's greeting, the one whose voice will cry in the desert preparing the way for the Lord, & the one who diminished, John is his name. May our voices only speak of the Living Word of God, Jesus.
- On this Great Solemnity of the Body and Blood of Christ, I pray you are all doing well. EXPOSITION OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT will take place in the Sanctuary of St. Mark beginning Friday, June 26 after the 9 AM Eucharist until 12 PM. May our Blessed Mother continue to bless you all. Perpetual Adoration TeamJESUS IN THE BLESSED SACRAMENT SONGwww.youtube.com
- Bulletin: Week of June 14 Weekday Readings Monday: 1 Kgs 21:1-16; Ps 5:2-3ab, 4b-7; Mt 5:38-42 Tuesday: 1 Kgs 21:17-29; Ps 51:3-6ab, 11, 16; Mt 5:43-48 Wednesday: 2 Kgs 2:1, 6-14; Ps 31:20, 21, 24; Mt 6:1-6, 16-18 Thursday: Sir 48:1-14; Ps 97:1-7; Mt 6:7-15 Friday: Dt 7:6-11; Ps 103:1-4, 6-8, 10; 1 Jn 4:7-16; Mt 11:25-30 Saturday: 2 Chr 24:17-25; Ps 89:4-5, 29-34; Lk 2:41-51 Sunday: Jer 20:10-13; Ps 69:8-10, 14, 17, 33-35; Rom 5:12-15; Mt 10:26-33
- Youth Ministry in the Mountains Message from Mary Ruth, Youth Minister: All Middle and High School Teens! Tuesday, June 16: 12:30-3:30/4:00 p.m. Tubing in Helen $9/person Meet at the Headwaters Outpost of Cool River Tubing (north end of town past Robertstown) Refreshments provided after tubing; suggested items to bring: sunscreen, bug spray, towel, water bottle, change of clothes.Please observe modesty in dress. Participants must have a signed youth ministry permission form and Cool River waiver. Copies will be available on site the day of tubing, in the Narthex of St. Mark & St. Paul, or available by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. To the best of our ability we will observe social distancing, and masks are recommended during gathering times, though not necessary while in the water. Please see all of the attached information for Tubing in Helen on June 16th! I would like a count of who will be going by Sunday, so I can make a reservation. Also, we will need chaperones so please adults - let me know if you can help. Any young adults (18+) and chaperones who come should fill out the adult consent form. I will have all forms available on site as well. Please be on time so that we can start tubing by 1:00! Please note that the location is on the far side of Helen this time! God Bless
- Bulletin: Week of June 7 Blessings to all in Christ! on Pentecost Sunday we resumed: our office hours, group meetings (Following Guidelines, contact office or e-mail me, email@example.com for further information), and the Eucharist Weekdays and Weekends. Please, know the changes of the Sunday Eucharist: Sunday Vigil on Saturday in English is at 4:00 PM in St. Mark and in St. Dominic Chapel in Spanish at 6:00 PM. The Eucharist on Sundays in St. Mark remains with the same schedule: 9:00 AM in English and at 11:00 AM in Spanish. Please, continue to pray for the wellbeing of each other, peace in our beloved country, and for an end to all evil which divides us (by way of personal and social sins in all forms, including racism). Christ died and he Is Risen from the dead for all peoples of all races. Allow the Spirit of truth to reconcile us in our words, thoughts, and actions to manifest his love as we serve him in our neighbors. Weekday Readings Monday: 1 Kgs 17:1-6; Ps 121:1bc-8; Mt 5:1-12 Tuesday: 1 Kgs 17:7-16; Ps 4:2-5, 7b-8; Mt 5:13-16 Wednesday: 1 Kgs 18:20-39; Ps16:1-2,4,5,8,11; Mt 5:17-19 Thursday: Acts 11:21b-26; 13:1-3; Ps 65:10-13; Mt 5:20-26 Friday: 1 Kgs 19:9, 11-16; Ps 27:7-9, 13-14; Mt 5:27-32 Saturday: 1 Kgs 19:19-21; Ps 16:1b-2a, 5, 7-10; Mt 5:33-37 Sunday: Dt 8:2-3,14-16; Ps 147:12-15,19-20; 1Cor10:16-17; Jn 6:51-58
Please pray.Greetings in Jesus Christ the Risen. Please, pray for the repose of the soul of Margaret. She is Tom Ríos mum. Also, pray for Tom and Teri, who cared for her so lovingly. No funeral arrangements have been made at this moment. I’ll keep you posted.
- We are sorry for your loss, we will keep all of you in our prayers.
- Dear Tom and family, for sorry to learn of the loss of your mom. Our thoughts and prayers are with you durinG this difficult time. May you find comfort in knowing that she’s with our Lord. In the name of the Father, the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen
- Dear Tom, my sorrow and prayers for you and all your family. The deep peace of Christ be with you all. -Missy Harris
- —NEWS— Grace and mercy of Jesus Christ the Risen Lord be with you. We will reopen our parish on the weekend of Pentecost, May 30/31. St. Mark Parish Schedule: Sunday Vigil on Saturday 4:00 PM (👈notice the time change to allow for proper sanitization), Sunday 9:00AM and 11: AM (Spanish). St. Dominic Chapel (427 Cash St., Cornelia) Schedule: 6:00 PM (👈notice the time change to allow for proper sanitization) and 7:30 PM Neocatechumenal Way Please, if you are SICK (coughing, sneezing, stomach ache, common cold, flu, COVID-19 or you do not feel physically well), for the charity of your neighbors, STAY HOME. For those who are not sick: you are entering St. Mark or St. Dominic Chapel at your own risk and responsibility. When you come in, wear a face mask. In different points of entry to the Sanctuary or St. John Hall, ushers will give you hand sanitizer. If you are allergic to hand sanitizer, use your own before entering, but you must inform that you have used your own hand sanitizer before entering. There is absolutely NO social gathering before or after the celebration of the Eucharist. ALL RESTROOMS will be closed until further notice. There are NO EXCEPTIONS! Some Pews are blocked to keep a safe distance, please use common sense in keeping distance when you sit in a pew. Make sure you don’t overcrowd it unless you are sitting with your family. St. John Hall has seats placed at a safe distance if you feel more comfortable with that setting. The overflow will go to St. John Hall. For the reception of Communion, please know that we have to take a prudent measure. The Clergy and a lay minister (when needed) will distribute the Body of Christ. Remain in your pew and the Minister will come to you. Detailed instructions will be given during the Eucharist. New information about this virus is ongoing, and to avoid contamination, those who want to receive the Eucharist on the tongue will receive the Eucharist last. For dismissal, after the Priest has given the final blessing, he will dismiss by section. Those in St. John Hall will exit through the back door in St. John Hall. Those who are in the Sanctuary will be dismissed in an orderly fashion by the Priest through the emergency doors. As you exit, there will be a basket for those who wish to leave the offertory. After all have left, we will be using UV lights that are FDA approved to sanitize pews, chairs, etc. Please share this information with all people and those in your groups and ministries. We live our Christian Faith in Hope and Charity. You are all in my daily prayers, Pbr. José Luis Hernández-Ayala, Pastor
- Bulletin: Week of May 24 —News— Communion Service. Where? Only in St. Mark When? Sunday, May 24 (Only on Sundays) English Service Time? 9:00 AM Spanish Service Time? 10:00 AM You are all in my prayers. Blessings in Christ our Risen Lord. ________________________________________ WEEKDAY READINGS Monday: Acts 19:1-8; Ps 68:2-3ab, 4-5acd, 6-7ab; Jn 16:29-33 Tuesday: Acts 20:17-27; Ps 68:10-11, 20-21; Jn 17:1-11a Wednesday: Acts 20:28-38; Ps 68:29-30, 33-36ab; Jn 17:11b-19 Thursday: Acts 22:30; 23:6-11; Ps 16:1-2a, 5, 7-11; Jn 17:20-26 Friday: Acts 25:13b-21; Ps 103:1-2, 11-12, 19-20ab; Jn 21:15-19 Saturday: Acts 28:16-20, 30-31; Ps 11:4, 5, 7; Jn 21:20-25 Pentecost Sunday Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 or Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b or Ez 37:1-14 or Jl 3:1-5; Ps 104:1-2, 24, 35, 27-28, 29-30; Rom 8:22-27; Jn 7:37-39 Pentecost Sunday: Acts 2:1-11; Ps 104:1, 24, 29-31, 34; 1 Cor 12:3b-7, 12-13; Jn 20:19-23"Drawn to You" by Audrey Assad - Lyric VideoOfficial Lyric Video for Audrey Assad's single "Drawn to You" from the album "Evergreen". Drawn to You Produced and arranged by Audrey Assad Engineered by Jo...www.youtube.com