Saint Mark Parish
Church • 14 members • 131 followers
About this group
“We give thanks to God for all of you.” 1Thess.1:2
Please pray.Greetings in Jesus Christ the Risen. Please, pray for the repose of the soul of Margaret. She is Tom Ríos mum. Also, pray for Tom and Teri, who cared for her so lovingly. No funeral arrangements have been made at this moment. I’ll keep you posted.
- We are sorry for your loss, we will keep all of you in our prayers.
- Dear Tom and family, for sorry to learn of the loss of your mom. Our thoughts and prayers are with you durinG this difficult time. May you find comfort in knowing that she’s with our Lord. In the name of the Father, the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen
- Dear Tom, my sorrow and prayers for you and all your family. The deep peace of Christ be with you all. -Missy Harris
- —NEWS— Grace and mercy of Jesus Christ the Risen Lord be with you. We will reopen our parish on the weekend of Pentecost, May 30/31. St. Mark Parish Schedule: Sunday Vigil on Saturday 4:00 PM (👈notice the time change to allow for proper sanitization), Sunday 9:00AM and 11: AM (Spanish). St. Dominic Chapel (427 Cash St., Cornelia) Schedule: 6:00 PM (👈notice the time change to allow for proper sanitization) and 7:30 PM Neocatechumenal Way Please, if you are SICK (coughing, sneezing, stomach ache, common cold, flu, COVID-19 or you do not feel physically well), for the charity of your neighbors, STAY HOME. For those who are not sick: you are entering St. Mark or St. Dominic Chapel at your own risk and responsibility. When you come in, wear a face mask. In different points of entry to the Sanctuary or St. John Hall, ushers will give you hand sanitizer. If you are allergic to hand sanitizer, use your own before entering, but you must inform that you have used your own hand sanitizer before entering. There is absolutely NO social gathering before or after the celebration of the Eucharist. ALL RESTROOMS will be closed until further notice. There are NO EXCEPTIONS! Some Pews are blocked to keep a safe distance, please use common sense in keeping distance when you sit in a pew. Make sure you don’t overcrowd it unless you are sitting with your family. St. John Hall has seats placed at a safe distance if you feel more comfortable with that setting. The overflow will go to St. John Hall. For the reception of Communion, please know that we have to take a prudent measure. The Clergy and a lay minister (when needed) will distribute the Body of Christ. Remain in your pew and the Minister will come to you. Detailed instructions will be given during the Eucharist. New information about this virus is ongoing, and to avoid contamination, those who want to receive the Eucharist on the tongue will receive the Eucharist last. For dismissal, after the Priest has given the final blessing, he will dismiss by section. Those in St. John Hall will exit through the back door in St. John Hall. Those who are in the Sanctuary will be dismissed in an orderly fashion by the Priest through the emergency doors. As you exit, there will be a basket for those who wish to leave the offertory. After all have left, we will be using UV lights that are FDA approved to sanitize pews, chairs, etc. Please share this information with all people and those in your groups and ministries. We live our Christian Faith in Hope and Charity. You are all in my daily prayers, Pbr. José Luis Hernández-Ayala, Pastor
- Bulletin: Week of May 24 —News— Communion Service. Where? Only in St. Mark When? Sunday, May 24 (Only on Sundays) English Service Time? 9:00 AM Spanish Service Time? 10:00 AM You are all in my prayers. Blessings in Christ our Risen Lord. ________________________________________ WEEKDAY READINGS Monday: Acts 19:1-8; Ps 68:2-3ab, 4-5acd, 6-7ab; Jn 16:29-33 Tuesday: Acts 20:17-27; Ps 68:10-11, 20-21; Jn 17:1-11a Wednesday: Acts 20:28-38; Ps 68:29-30, 33-36ab; Jn 17:11b-19 Thursday: Acts 22:30; 23:6-11; Ps 16:1-2a, 5, 7-11; Jn 17:20-26 Friday: Acts 25:13b-21; Ps 103:1-2, 11-12, 19-20ab; Jn 21:15-19 Saturday: Acts 28:16-20, 30-31; Ps 11:4, 5, 7; Jn 21:20-25 Pentecost Sunday Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 or Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b or Ez 37:1-14 or Jl 3:1-5; Ps 104:1-2, 24, 35, 27-28, 29-30; Rom 8:22-27; Jn 7:37-39 Pentecost Sunday: Acts 2:1-11; Ps 104:1, 24, 29-31, 34; 1 Cor 12:3b-7, 12-13; Jn 20:19-23"Drawn to You" by Audrey Assad - Lyric VideoOfficial Lyric Video for Audrey Assad's single "Drawn to You" from the album "Evergreen". Drawn to You Produced and arranged by Audrey Assad Engineered by Jo...www.youtube.com
- Laudato Si’ Week starts today! In Laudato Si’, Pope Francis teaches us that “everything is connected.” Come together in unity with Catholics from all around the world for Laudato Si’ Week, May 16-24. Pope Francis invites you to join in. Learn more at www.laudatosiweek.org #LaudatoSi5 St Mark Peace and Justice
- Bulletin: Week of May 17 —News— Communion Service. Where? Only in St. Mark When? Sunday, May 17 (Only on Sundays) English Service Time? 9:00 AM Spanish Service Time? 10:00 AM You are all in my prayers. Blessings in Christ our Risen Lord. ——————— ————— WEEKDAY READINGS Monday: Acts 16:11-15; Ps 149:1b-6a, 9b; Jn 15:26 — 16:4a Tuesday: Acts 16:22-34; Ps 138:1-3, 7c-8; Jn 16:5-11 Wednesday: Acts 17:15, 22 — 18:1; Ps 148:1-2, 11-14; Jn 16:12-15 Thursday: Acts 18:1-8; Ps 98:1-4; Jn 16:16-20 Friday: Acts 18:9-18; Ps 47:2-7; Jn 16:20-23 Saturday: Acts 18:23-28; Ps 47:2-3, 8-10; Jn 16:23b-28 Ascension Sunday: Acts 1:1-11; Ps 47:2-3,6-9; Eph 1:17-23; Mt 28:16-20When I See You LIVE FEED - Sarah Kroger at XLT AtlantaLive feed audio and video, uploaded by XLT Atlanta, Jessica Duron Sarah Kroger Band leads 500 attendees in worship at XLT Atlanta, a monthly worship gatherin...www.youtube.com
- Pope Francis renews his invitation for people of all faiths to unite in prayer, fasting, and works of charity on Thursday, [May14] for an end to the Covid-19 pandemic.Pope invites everyone to pray on 14 May for end to pandemicPope Francis renews his invitation for people of all faiths to unite in prayer, fasting, and works of charity on Thursday for an end to the Covid-19 pandemic...www.youtube.com
- Bulletin: Week of May 10th —News— Communion Service. Where? Only in St. Mark When? Sunday, May 10th (Only on Sundays) English Service Time? 9:00 AM Spanish Service Time? 10:00 AM We thank Our Lord for the gift of all our Mothers. May our Blessed Mother Mary keep you in the Love of Christ. 💐 You are all in my prayers. Blessings in Christ our Risen Lord. ——————— ————— May 10, 2020 Fifth Sunday of Easter Monday: Acts 14:5-18; Ps 115:1-4, 15-16; Jn 14:21-26 Tuesday: Acts 14:19-28; Ps 145:10-13ab, 21; Jn 14:27-31a Wednesday: Acts 15:1-6; Ps 122:1-5; Jn 15:1-8 Thursday: Acts 1:15-17, 20-26; Ps 113:1-8; Jn 15:9-17 Friday: Acts 15:22-31; Ps 57:8-10, 12; Jn 15:12-17 Saturday: Acts 16:1-10; Ps 100:1b-3, 5; Jn 15:18-21 Sunday: Acts 8:5-8, 14-17; Ps 66:1-7, 16, 20; 1 Pt 3:15-18 or 1 Pt 4:13-16; Jn 14:15-21
- 4th Sunday of Easter Gospel from St. John 10: 1-10 Jesus said: “Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever does not enter a sheepfold through the gate but climbs over elsewhere is a thief and a robber. But whoever enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. The gatekeeper opens it for him, and the sheep hear his voice, as the shepherd calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has driven out all his own, he walks ahead of them, and the sheep follow him, because they recognize his voice. But they will not follow a stranger; they will run away from him, because they do not recognize the voice of strangers.” Although Jesus used this figure of speech, the Pharisees did not realize what he was trying to tell them. So Jesus said again, “Amen, amen, I say to you, I am the gate for the sheep. All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the gate. Whoever enters through me will be saved, and will come in and go out and find pasture. A thief comes only to steal and slaughter and destroy; I came so that they might have life and have it more abundantly.”4th Sunday of Easterwww.youtube.com
- Father! What emotion... excitement, tenderness, gladness and hope. Thank you, thank you, thank you. God bless!
- Ok, I tried to transfer money from my account to St Mark’s account at South State, I couldn’t get it to work. I’m sure it’s user error😉 what address would you like money sent to?
- Blessed be God. Joni, the address of the parish.
- Thursday, 3rd week of Easter Gospel JN 6:44-51 Jesus said to the crowds: “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draw him, and I will raise him on the last day. It is written in the prophets: They shall all be taught by God. Everyone who listens to my Father and learns from him comes to me. Not that anyone has seen the Father except the one who is from God; he has seen the Father. Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life. I am the bread of life. Your ancestors ate the manna in the desert, but they died; this is the bread that comes down from heaven so that one may eat it and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my Flesh for the life of the world.”April 30, 2020www.youtube.com