Sunnyside Church of the Nazarene
Church • Happy Valley, OR • 33 members • 11 followers
About this group
Helping people reach their full potential in Jesus Christ.
- Advent III 2019Advent - to come to or to arrive. The four weeks of Advent are designed to look back and reflect upon Christ’s first Advent - His birth - and to look forward, to anticipate Christ’s second Advent - His return. Advent encompasses the idea that God comes to us - He pursues people. The five candles of Advent…sermons.faithlife.com
- Lord Jesus, I can't praise you enough for stepping down from your glorious home into a sin-sick world where there was no place but an animal stall for you to be born. Yet death itself had no room for you, and your glorious home has room for me and every one of my brothers and sisters who claim you as Savior, and there is room for many more. Halleluja!
- There was no room for Him at the inn. His mother bore Him in a stable, and they fled to Egypt when Herod saw no room for another king. There was no room for love and grace among those who trusted in strict law and their own righteousness. Between two sinners' crosses there was room for one more cross, and pain and death were dealt to Jesus, God with us. Then when they sealed His body in a tomb, the stone was rolled away as life burst forth. Death had no room for Him, and Heaven has room for me. by Angie Bell there
- Advent 2019Advent - it means to “come to” or “to arrive.” The underlying concept of Advent is that Yahweh, the God who is above all gods, Yahweh the Creator consistently initiates relationship and reconciliation - He consistently “comes to” His creation . We see the concept of Advent throughout Scripture - God…sermons.faithlife.com
- Journey Toward Identity IVTurn to Ephesians 3 . Today is Dec. 1, which means we have 20 days until … the Winter Solstice. This is the astronomical first day of winter - it is the day with the fewest hours of sunlight - which means … the long days of darkness are coming to an end! More daylight! This is episode 4 of our Journey…sermons.faithlife.com
- Journey Toward Identity 3Genesis 32 We are on a journey toward identity. This is based upon some things I learned while on sabbatical. What I’m doing is letting you in on the process of how God prepared me to tell me what He wanted me to know. And my hope is twofold: 1) That we will see the importance of engaging God through…sermons.faithlife.com