- He's Coming Your WayIntro: Jesus said to tell you He’s coming. I first understood Him to mean His parousia, but that is not what He meant. As believers, the second coming of Christ is the bedrock of our hope and expectation. Jesus has not abandoned us to the event of His coming; He wants to come now and empower us by His…sermons.faithlife.com
- Apr20Tuesday, April 20th, 2021 • 6:30–7:30 pm (CDT)
- Apr6Tuesday, April 6th, 2021 • 6:30–7:30 pm (CDT)
- Mar13Saturday, March 13th, 2021 • 9–10 am (CST)Taproot Church
22 E. Dunloup Shawnee, OK
I don't normally get political, and I try to stay out of the whole political scene period; but this is not a political advertisement or a campaign for either party or candidate. It is a call and declaration to my brothers and sisters in the Lord to not take this coming election lightly. Our country is in great turmoil right now, and the consequences of the November election are huge.
This election is more than just about politics or economics; it’s about the future and fabric of our nation. Radical supporters of abortion are becoming more militant in their fight to maintain the right to murder the unborn in the name of convenience and women’s rights. Swirling rumors of the possible soon retirement of Justice Clearance Thomas, coupled with the ages of liberal justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg (87) and Stephen Breyer (81) make this election even more significant as the incoming president will likely be appointing a new justice(s). Paul said in Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. This is what we must keep in mind as we pray for our nation and as we vote in November.
Finally, I’m not putting forth any particular candidate but only encouraging you to carefully and sincerely pray for the election and pray for God’s guidance and wisdom when you vote, but most of all pray for God’s will to be done. God has historically used ungodly kings and presidents to carry out His divine will. God said of Persian King Cyrus, “Thus says the Lord to Cyrus His anointed, Whom I have taken by the right hand, To subdue nations before him And to loose the loins of kings; To open doors before him so that gates will not be shut.” Isaiah 45:1. What matters most in this election is God’s will be done!
- The Stewardship TestLuke 16:1-13 Intro: I have often told you that the parables must be understood as a whole and not to individualize the characters as to who they represent. This parable amplifies that exegetical truth. It has often been viewed as an enigma to Bible readers, including myself. Yet the point of this parable…sermons.faithlife.com
- Divine DispositionLuke 15:11-32 Intro: Have you ever doubted the character or goodness of God? We all have! Circumstances of life, heartache, prevalent evil, and even our own sinful tendencies can cause us to question God’s disposition toward us. Such is the case w/ both of these sons, neither really knew his father.…sermons.faithlife.com
- Welcome to Taproot Church Faithlife page. We are glad you are here!
- Pastor Keith Ward started a discussion
- It Ain't What You Know, But How You RollLuke 10:25-37 Intro: During the NFL offseason, two men in the Denver Broncos front office were convicted of DUIs. Team president John Elway suspended both of them, but he did not fire them. When asked why Tom Heckert and Matt Russell were not fired, Elway replied, “Heck, I’ve made a lot of poor decisions…sermons.faithlife.com