We will gather on Oct. 2nd @ 10 a.m. to pack medical supply kits for missionaries. Come and help us! You can also support this effort by donating any or all of the following:
Adhesive bandages, bar soap, gauze, medical tape, washcloths, toothbrushes, combs/brushes, lip balm, antiseptic wipes, nail clippers and dental floss.
This Week's Prayer List
Studying James 5
Here's a Bible Study you can use for your own personal use or for a small group.
The Prayer of Faith - James 5:13-20
1. What are some of the most memorable moments of your life?
2. What are some situations in life when most people pray?
1. What should a person do when he or she is in trouble? Why? (5:13, 15)
2. What should a person do when he or she is happy? Why? (5:13, 15)
3. What should a person do when he or she is sick? Why? (5:14-15)
4. Why is prayer important? (5:15)
5. What are the elders of the church to do for someone who is sick? Why? (5:14-15)
6. How can prayer affect a person’s health? (5:15)
7. How can a person have his or her sins forgiven? (5:15)
8. Why should we confess our sins to one another? (5:16)
9. What is the effect of a righteous person’s prayers? (5:16)
10. Who is a good example of how God answers prayer? How? (5:17-18)
11. What is a Christian’s responsibility toward a fellow believer who has wandered away from the truth? (5:19)
12. What is the benefit of helping a person get back into following the truth? (5:20)
1. How can we use prayer to help someone who is sick?
2. When have you had the opportunity to pray specifically for someone or for a special need?
3. How have you seen prayer bring changes in people or circumstances?
4. What hinders Christians from praying with confidence?
5. What hinders Christians from confessing sins and praying for each other?
6. If we confess our sins to God, why should anyone else have to know about it?
7. What circumstances beyond our control can we affect through prayer?
8. What causes Christians to stumble and fall away from their faith?
9. How could you help someone who has drifted away from his or her relationship with Christ?
10. How have others helped you when you were drifting in your relationship with Christ?
1. What situation or person will you pray for in faith this week?
2. What personal needs can you ask others to pray for through the coming week? Whom will you ask?
3. Whom do you know who has been drifting away from the Lord and who needs an encouraging word from you this week?