This Week's Prayer List
Peace To All
Here's a study you can use to prepare your heart and mind for the Sunday after Christmas.
Peace and Joy - Romans 5:1-11
1. What circumstances can turn two people into enemies?
2. *How do most people treat their enemies?
3. What results can difficult circumstances have in a person’s life?
1. What is the basis for our justification with God? (5:1)
2. What is our relationship with God if we have been justified by faith? (5:1)
3. How does Jesus Christ change a person’s standing with God? (5:2)
4. For what reasons can a Christian rejoice? (5:2-3)
5. What good things can result from suffering? (5:3-5)
6. Why does hope not disappoint us? (5:5)
7. How has God demonstrated His love for us? (5:6-8)
8. What comparisons can be made between people giving their lives for others and Christ’s death for all people? (5:7-8)
9. *What was our relationship to God when Christ came to die for us? (5:8)
10. What aspect of Christ’s death justifies a person in God’s sight? (5:9)
11. *How did God act to remove the barrier between Himself and all people? (5:9-10)
12. If God has demonstrated His love to us through Jesus’ death, what can we anticipate concerning our future relationship with God? (5:10)
13. *For what reasons can a Christian rejoice? (5:11)
1. How is peace with God different from peace of mind?
2. *What does it mean to be justified?
3. *How were we formerly God’s enemies?
4. What are the benefits of being justified with God?
5. What is the connection between suffering and hope?
6. How should Christian hope affect a person’s attitude toward his or her current circumstances or goals?
7. What is hope?
8. What keeps us from being full of joy and hope in the middle of difficult circumstances?
9. In what ways does suffering produce endurance?
10. How can suffering produce positive rather than negative results?
11. How did Jesus’ death affect our security in God’s love?
1. In what difficult circumstances do you need to stop grumbling and stay focused on joy in Christ?
2. *Who in your life needs to hear that through Jesus Christ they are no longer enemies with God?