This Week's Prayer List
The Living Stones and A Chosen People
- What is something that is very precious to you?
- When have you felt rejected?
- How did God and people treat the living Stone (Christ) differently? (2:4)
- In what way are we like living stones? (2:5)
- What will happen to those who trust in the “Cornerstone”? (2:6)
- How was Christ treated differently by believers and unbelievers? (2:7)
- In what way did the “Stone” (Christ) cause some people to stumble? (2:8)
- What status did Peter ascribe to believers in Christ? (2:9)
- How does our past compare with our present condition? (2:10)
- From what did Peter urge his readers to abstain? Why? (2:11)
- Why is it important for believers to live good lives? (2:12)
- How is Christ still being rejected by people today? Why?
- How is Christ precious to you? Why?
- How could being disobedient to God cause someone else to stumble?
- How does being chosen by God for a special task make you feel?
- What are the implications of believers being a chosen people, a royal priesthood, and a holy nation?
- In what way were you in darkness before you became a believer?
- When have you felt that you were at war with sinful desires?
- Why is it so hard to abstain from sinful desires?
- Why do we need encouragement to live good lives among non-Christians?
- What good deeds in your life do non-Christians see?
- How can we do good deeds so they are both a witness and a discrete act of service (that is, not merely for show)?
- What does it mean to live a good life?
- To what people can your good deeds be a witness?
- From what specific sinful desires will you ask God to help you abstain this week?
- What good deeds can you use as a witness to your neighbors?
- How do you need to change your plans for the near future so that you will be an example to the unbelievers with whom you have regular contact?
Hey TC Family,
Mark your Calendars. Plan on join us at the Country Bumpkin Pumpkin Patch for an evening of fun and fellowship on Wednesday, October 12th from 5:30-7:00pm.
There will be hotdogs, a corn maze, tractor rides, and so much more.
Invite your friends and bring the whole family. For more information, contact the church office (918) 333.9210 or P. Chris (918) 907.1560
Join us for Messy Church Oct. 19 at 6:30pm as we get messy and carve pumpkins. Bring your own pumpkin to carve and join in the fun. Pumpkin tools will be provided. For more information, contact P. Chris (918) 907-1560 or the church office (918) 333-9210