Jesus was a Carpenter
Special Interest • 1 member • 5 followers
About this group
Jesus was a carpenter.Follow
- Some leather work today. Making sheaths for my carving tools.IMG 1073Watch "IMG 1073" on Faithlife TV, the premier video library for everyone—students, kids, families, and Bible enthusiasts.faithlifetv.com
- If you have a cutting board made from wood, and/or wooden utensils, this is a great product. I use the oil, wax, and the soap. And, I order directly from the company. They have fast shipping and excellent customer service.Cutting Board Oil (8oz - 128oz)Our Cutting Board Oil and Butcher Block Oil wood finish penetrates wood and highlights all the natural wood colors. It also seals the surface with water repellant beeswax. Can be used for any new woodworking project or to refinish an old cutting board or butcher block. 100% Food-Safe Ingredients.walrusoil.com
- Something new. Maple hiking sticks. Hand carved. I’ll post the finished product, but not until May; we’re heading out on vacation soon. 🚘
- Well, when you’re ready to sell one please let me know. I would love to have one. Does Ones height determine the length?
- With your arm at 90 degrees to your side, making a fist like you are holding a staff, measure from the ground to the space between your index and thumb. I imagine you will be around 40" to 43" or somewhere in that ballpark. See photo.
- I will check this out
- This is not a big project, but built-in cutting boards (we called them “bread boards” as a kid) can get dried out and nasty looking. A little light sanding and some food grade oil will freshen it up and make it more of a delight to use.
- Everyone needs a carving block! My neighbor cut down an oak tree and I grabbed a few logs. I cut off the bark on the smaller piece and stacked it on top of one of the larger ones. Instant work table.
- One man’s trash is another man’s treasure. I found an old table sitting beside someone’s trash. I’m not a trash digger, but it looked like something I could salvage. The cutting board turned out nice (I made two).
- Here is a toolbox I made like my grandfather would have carried. I wrapped the handle with leather for better grip.
- Garage organization has been a goal my entire married life! It only took 46 years to build some simple shelves for paints, stains, and oils.
- I carved spoon number three from a piece of cherry wood. I made a thicker handle with a smaller and diameter bowl.
- Awesome!! Thank you!! Is there a starter knife(s) that you would recommend?
- This is a great knife to get started. https://www.rockler.com/morakniv-wood-carving-knife-120-with-laminated-steel-blade?country=US&sid=V91041&promo=shopping&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=PL&tid=pla&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=(ROI)_Shopping_-_Hand_Tools&msclkid=603628a14ba41e83ebbe48c2ad3b5417
- Great!! Thank you so so much!!