The Lakes is a community of friends living and leading like Jesus, bringing the Kingdom to the lost and hurting. Whether you are seeking, a skeptic, a new believer or one who has been a committed follower of Christ for a long time, you are welcome to just “Come As You Are.”
STATEMENT OF BELIEFS
God is One, revealed in the Scriptures as three persons, the Father, the source and creator of all, The Son, our Savior and Lord, and the Holy Spirit, who calls us to faith and empowers us for effective service.
Jesus Christ, the true God and true Man, through His virgin birth, sinless life, sacrificial death on our behalf, and resurrection from the dead, offers eternal life to all who believe. The whole human race has fallen and cannot be rescued from bondage to sin and to Satan without Christ. We are justified by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, and the same grace that saves also empowers for victorious living.
The Word of God, the Bible, is true, and we can therefore trust in it without reservation. We accept all the Old and New Testaments as a whole and in all their parts as the divinely inspired and revealed Word of God and joyfully submit to it as the only infallible authority in all matters of life and faith.
The Church is composed of all those who have been born of the Spirit by believing in the sacrificial death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The Church is the Body of Christ, with Jesus Christ as the Head. We submit to Him. The church’s purpose is to carry out His ministry and mandates through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Baptism unites us with Christ’s death and resurrection and the Lord’s Supper gives us fellowship with the living Christ in His true body and blood.
The Holy Spirit gives gifts to all members of the Church to do the supernatural ministry of Christ until He returns therefore we expect miracles. Christ will return for His Bride, the Church, and true believers will live forever with Christ, while unbelievers will be sent to eternal punishment. As members of the Church of Jesus Christ worldwide we affirm the historic Apostle’s and Nicene Creeds.
WHAT TO EXPECT (ON ANY GIVEN SUNDAY)
- People dressed in everything from jeans and t-shirts to sport coats and dresses- remember we invite you to “Come As You Are”!
- The Message: A practical, inspirational teaching based on God’s Word that is relevant to everyday life. No stuffy sermons, but real teaching that you can really use.
- Praise and Worship that is a great mixture of upbeat contemporary songs and revitalized favorites which engage and invite us as a congregation to bring glory to God. You may find it is your favorite part of the service!
- An inviting Child Care Center for children, infant to 4 years.
- Coffee served in our lobby before and after service. Come build relationships and make new friends.