- With Friends Like This... Who Needs Enemies?Job 16. I’m going to begin with some of the most difficult things I’ve heard said in the midst of tragedy. Particularly death of someone who was loved. The mild: I have heard well intentioned people, who legitimately mean well- say, “If there’s anything I can do- and we all know that nothing can be done.”…sermons.faithlife.com
- You're My PeopleFinding Your People 6 Then she arose with her daughters-in-law to return from the country of Moab, for she had heard in the fields of Moab that the Lord had visited his people and given them food. Having left judah withher husband, due to a famine, Naomi heard that the Lord had come to the adi of Judah.…sermons.faithlife.com
- Seeing Is Not BelievingDo You See What I See? My daughter, Arielle and her Kellen, were delighted last weekend when they took our grandson, and their nephew, Easton, for the weekend. They fished and played and camped out. It was a great weekend for all. But the highlight for my daughter was when they were cooking out and Easton…sermons.faithlife.com
- OfficeSec published a newsletterReadAugust 2022
Everybody should have a friend like Ralph. He can fix a lamp or a lawn mower, refinish furniture, build bookshelves. All by himself he has transformed his garage into a workshop and completely remodeled his mother's house.
One day, marveling at these results over coffee, I asked, "Ralph, where did you learn to do all this?" Thoughtfully he sipped his coffee, his blue eyes twinkling. Then Ralph gave me the word of his own special prayer:
Jesus stand beside me.
Guide me and direct my life.
Teach me what I need to know.
Help me with my work.
Let me serve you and others,
That I may be worthy of God's grace.
Ralph's special prayer has become a part of my own life now. I say it every morning. And all day. Whenever I am anxious or confused about a situation, one phrase comes to my rescue: "Teach me what I need to know." Of all the things Ralph has done to help me, his prayer has helped most of all.
- Untitled Sermon (109)Context is a lot. There are actually 5 visions in this section of Amos. The 8 th Century bc was one of prosperity for Israel and Judah. The divided kingdom shared in economic strength and everything seemed secure. But something invisible, unseen was rotting them from with in. They were breaking the most…sermons.faithlife.com
- Rules For The Christian Citizen In A Foreign CountryJonathan Mayhew delivered this sermon--one of the most influential in American history--on the anniversary of the execution of Charles I. In it, he explored the idea that Christians were obliged to suffer under an oppressive ruler, as some Anglicans argued. Mayhew asserted that resistance to a tyrant…sermons.faithlife.com
- I'm WaitingPsalms 27: 14 “Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!” “I’m waiting…” If I had a title for this message, it would be, “I’m waiting…” A little background about me. For those of you that don’t know me, I’m Diana, and I am part of a blended family of 5 (8 if you…sermons.faithlife.com
- Faith In The Fire or Joy In The Traffic JamFaith In The Fire or Joy In The Traffic Jam All of the scripture this morning is predicated upon the righteousness of one man, Abraham- that righteousness was given to him because of his faith.... the previous chapters are summed up in the passage, “Abraham believed God and righteousness was imputed…sermons.faithlife.com