- The new file with the Pine Knoll 2021 Q1 SS Lesson helps is now in the Bible Study\ Logos Documents section. Moderators: Daniel Duda and Jon Paulien
- RoseTheSeeker started a discussionDiscussBible Study Quarterly with Logos 9
I hope this is the right place to ask. I am really new to Logos having used WORDsearch in the past. I am really grateful for the Quarterly. No hard copy to store, and easy search for information.
For the lessons, I am trying to come up with a layout with appropriate resources to record my answers, and my thoughts. Initially I tried various things like Notebooks and Notes in addition to the Personal Book, but couldn't connect them to the lesson.
I have switched to using the Personal Document only, but I am not satisfied with my efforts to date.
- I use the Personal Document notes boxes, to type in my answers. However, I cannot review them as a complete document, since I can only see about 4 lines of text. I like to put in quite a lot about how each verse of question connects to my current understanding, and other verses, etc. I was hoping this would enable me to check back over time to see if my understanding had changed with time and further study.
- Is there any way I can export or print out a particular day's study with notes fully expanded. I don't really want to end up with answers typed into Word and printed as hard copy, and the lesson on the laptop in Logos, but may have to if there is no other solution.
- I have spent many days going through videos, wiki, forums, and have fallen way behind in my studies trying to come up with a workable solution.
- Hopefully a longtime user of Logos has already resolved these issues and can help me.
I am in my 70's, have a reasonable amount of experience with various types of programs as I am the support person for family and a number of elderly friends who just want things fixed when they go wrong. But Logos has so many options it is going to take some time to learn what to use and when.
God Bless you whoever you are,
- The lesson study guides for the first quarter of 2021 for the PC and Mac are both posted as Logos documents in the Bible study section of this group ready to be downloaded, unzipped and compiled. I still am regretful that we have to post separate files for the Mac from the PC due to Logos having not corrected the problem with fill in text boxes on the Mac. John was not able to upload the documents, so I uploaded them. I really appreciate all the work he does to compile these for us. It is especially nice that he takes the time to add the links to the Ellen White references, I know this is a lot of work.
- Hi Rick. I notice both word documents are the teachers edition....
- Hi Greg, I checked the Word documents in both zip files (PC and Mac) and they look OK to me. Please clarify where you are seeing the teachers edition in error. Thank you.
- Looks like it may just be the first few pages. If you open "EAQ21_Q1 - Final - PC" you will find it talks about being the teacher's edition, i.e., Page 4 of the Word Doc has a section "How to use This Teacher's Edition". Beyond page 4, though, it appears to be the standard edition.
- I like the New reading plan that is coming out with Logos 9 would love to read some of the books that I haven't had time to read. If it works like the bible reading plan that is awesome!
- I notice when I look for Adventist books on Logos its very fuzzy what it brings up.
- You will also find old out of copyright SDA books in the main SDA faithlife group as personal volumes to be downloaded and installed in your logos if that is useful to you. In total I have over 400 personal books both from the SDA group and those I have created myself. It is now paying dividends if only because that means an awful lot less books to move, which we hope to do shortly!!
- I love Personal Books as well.
- The community notes are good too!
- I had always used "Lexbrongs" (if thats how you sell it) before they made the upgrade for Logos. Logos has been with me door to door and in Sabbath school meetings. Its much better than using a back pack full of books..It has truly been a blessing just wish more people knew or used it. I post things from Logos on facebook all the time seeing how most on them are 7th day Adventist only to hear crickets.
- Josh W. started a discussionDiscussTruth will be rejected
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
The Holy Bible: King James Version. (1995). (electronic ed. of the 1769 edition of the 1611 Authorized Version., 1 Pe 3:15). Bellingham WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.
"A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still". (unknown)
I think the best thing we can do when we meet a person that asks us about the Faith in Us.
Is not try to convince them with arguments (plus you want them to know Christ and not just believe you for the sake of an argument). This verse say with "meekness and fear". Meekness or "gentleness" if we act as though we are superior in any way they will not hear us. The same is to be said about someone that does not have as much bible knowledge as we do as Adventist.
Note "If they ask us" That means you already have their attention in other words they have given you an open door to their heart. Its simple just tell them how you came to know Christ. A testimony rather than a bible verse 2Cor 3:2 "Ye are epistle...,known and read of all men." Only after you have won someones trust over are they more likely to believe you. So let them get to know you. And don't be so hard on your self if they still can't see. Not everyone is willing to give up the world. Christians should know this better than anyone because if I am not struggling with something I have to "Examine if I am in the faith" 2Cor 13:5 Because the first part of the Verse at the top says sanctify your self. The who point is to show them Christ not how smart you might be.
If you don't reflect Christ then your testimony is dead "Sanctify the Lord in your heart". But if they are asking about your faith it means they don't understand something your doing or something they see wrong with what your doing and they are giving you a chance to convince them other wise in regards to their own faith.
Don't assume they have no faith because (Rom 12:3) 'God has give all men a measure of faith". Plus some only plant a seed and another will water. Let the body of Christ work with you because you are not the only person in the life of one "who asks of you" . The Lord is already working on their heart. Have faith in the Holy Spirit! It is pride that kills our wittiness. Because God is the only one that can sanctify ones heart.
Remember some have grown up in the Church and never come to a knowledge of the truth.
- Kinda sad we have 301 members and only 46 followers.
- I thought the same thing about the business part but the more I read it the more I see that those who are in power can let it go to their heads and be very critical of those under them and not deal with those who are in need of help in the right way and they will be found wanting in the end because they put their trust in the wrong person that should be helping to build them up.
- That is very possible and hard to think about. That would be another reason why we're counseled so much to study for ourselves and not put our trust in anyone except God and the Bible.
- "She says be afraid" yeah very hard to think about. Eph 4:2 with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, The New King James Version. (1982). (Eph 4:2). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.