Adult Bible Study Guide (Seventh-day Adventist)
Denomination • 295 members • 46 followers
About this group
Discusses the Adult Bible Study Guide for the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- The new file with the Pine Knoll 2020 Q3 SS Lesson helps is now in the Bible Study\ Logos Documents section. Moderators: Daniel Duda and Jon Paulien
- Is it just me but ever since last Quarterly I have not been able to add any comments on the SS in Logos
- If you are using a MAC then that is by courtesy of Logos!! We have had to remove the boxes from the MAC version otherwise they will not compile on the MAC. An update that Logos put out in the last few days of 2019 killed ability to use text boxes on MAC personal books. We had been hoping for an early cure but one has not been issued yet.
- I have had a request that the EGW Notes and Comments be made available for Logos Users. This will involved various enquiries and quite a bit of extra work so could those who would like to have this please let me know either here or via a private message (hover your cursor over my name and click Message. Thanks
- Greetings all. The SS lesson books for the third quarter are available for download (click Bible Discussion in the list on the left hand side then click Logos Documents). I regret that Logos have not removed the bug from the Mac version of Logos that prevents us putting in the code for notes boxes.
- Rick: Thank you very very much Rick. All: I had slipped up in not removing all of the boxes and then thinking that it must have been something else that was causing problems. Assumptions are not good wether we are studying the Bible or de-bugging word documents. Apologies to all Mac users.
- I can't find the files to download the third quarter adult lesson quarterly
- Have you looked under Bible Study?
- I will be featuring Dr. Paulien in a series of lectures on May 24, 31 and June 14, 21. See the Adventist Forum for details. https://community.logos.com/forums/t/191007.aspxOff Topic: Jon Paulien - Lectures via Zoom - Logos Bible Software ForumsLogos Bible Software Forums - Forums for Logos Bible Software Users including Product Information, Support Topics, and User Tipscommunity.logos.com
- Hey Everyone, My name is Chris and I am new here... Downloaded the Sabbath School lesson for the first time into Logos and just wanted to say a big thanks to whom every takes the time to transfer it into this format... THANKS :-)
- General Conference Executive Meeting is Live via Youtube: https://live.adventist.org/2020-spring-meetings/2020 Spring Meetings - Live EventsThe meetings of the Spring Meeting of the General Conference Executive Committee may be seen here at the following scheduled times: Tuesday, April 14, 2020, 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Dates and times are subject to change. All times are EDT (UTC-04:00)live.adventist.org
- Want as many people as possible to weigh in on this forum post. Seeking to inspire Pacific Press to release more of their resources in Logos Bible Software.Suggested Books for Logos 9 Base Package - Logos Bible Software ForumsLogos Bible Software Forums - Forums for Logos Bible Software Users including Product Information, Support Topics, and User Tipscommunity.logos.com
- I don't know if anyone has ever asked about this or if even possible, but do you think it would be possible to get the EGW Notes and/or Comments on the Sabbath School lesson formated for Logos?
- Greetings Dawn You are right, no one HAS ever asked as far as far as I can recall. I am thinking that you are talking about the Ellen G White Notes as per here. https://adventistbookcenter.com/how-to-interpret-scripture-ewn-2q20.html We are kindly allowed to request and receive pdf versions of the Lesson books free of charge about 6 or 7 weeks before they are needed for the new quarter. This requires about 2 to 3 full days of work for me and quite a time more for Rick in proof reading (he is a very patient and skilled guy at that art!! The 6 or 7 weeks are need for the assorted eventualities that life always seems to bring us! I don’t know if it would be possible to do the same for the Ellen White books. Buying a copy and scanning it would be quite possible although the copy would inevitably need to be checked and corrected to an extremely tight schedule. It would inevitably be late coming onto the forum. I do that personally for the companion book (which I still have not received yet for this quarter!!) but only I ever see that version so quality is not a problem. To be honest I have never seen a copy of the notes but that may reflect thee that that I live in the UK. Although EGW’s words are well out of copyright, I suspect that the choice and layout are technically within copyright and the publishers may not be happy at it being produced free of charge. I think that I would need to know that quite a few people would want to download it before I would feel like taking that project forward and discussing it with Rick. That does not stop anyone else doing it of course. Working from the book would need a scanner and OCR software. Taking it from a pdf (if that could be obtained) would need a a good pdf convertor. The rest is hours of work on Word and a patient partner!! Can I suggest that those who would really want to download it please message me privately with a brief “count me in” message to save cluttering the forum up?
- You can get a copy of Notes (hard and ebook) on Amazon
- Greetings. The second quarter Lessons are now uploaded. For some reason the headers of the two zip files are not showing up, only the file name. Since the Personal Book compiler has not been corrected by Logos as far as we are aware, there are two versions for PC and Mac. Hopefully the problem will be sorted soon. At that stage:- a) the PC version will be able to be used by Mac users to regain full functionality and b) a standard version replacement version will be reissued anyway. Thanks to Rick for identifying the Mac problems and bringing out a version that compiles for Macs. I am PC only!
JohnB — EditedRick & I appreciate your comment David. Fabiano I am not sure if I am following your query correctly. There is no way that we can direct from within the quarterly which bible or which section of the layout will receive the bible link. BUT If you wish the link to be opened in a specific bible in a specific box on the screen you can control this. On a PC, you would open your bible in the box you wish to be used, click on the three vertical dots in the top right hand corner of the box and select "send hyperlinks here". Could someone with a MAC check if this works on a MAC please. There is no way that the bible reading can appear in the lesson quarterly itself. But that does mean that you can choose which translation or language you want !!
- Hi Fabiano, I did a little testing on my MacBook this morning. If I do a one finger click on the Trackpad the Bible text opens in the normal Bible tab. If I do a two finger click the Bible text opens in a new tab. I believe I am using the default Trackpad settings.
- I will try that thanks
- Good day, I seem to be having an issue with the quarterly. I have compiled the books, quarterly and lesson helps, on my desktop. But when I try to access them using my laptop, I get an error message stating that I do not have a license to view the documents. Anyone knows why this happens.
- Thanks for the work that you do. Now I know you are in the group, I will keep checking in.
- Greetings Chalvar. I am wondering if when you complied the books on your desktop, you also uploaded the compiled document(s) to Logos in order for it to be automatically downloaded to your laptop. In the attached picture you hopefully will see a button (currently greyed out) labeled "Upload"but which will ceased to be greyed out when you have newly complied your document. At that stage you can click the button, the file will be uploaded and the button will regain its grey-out state. With in minute, the document should be downloaded to your laptop. Closing and opening Logos on your laptop can encourage it to download if it seems reluctant. If I have misunderstood and/or it is still not opening correctly please come back to us. I should have thought to put a mention of this in the help file 8-(
- I think your observation is correct. I'm not sure I uploaded the book previously. But I recompiled it on my laptop and uploaded it this time. However, I am currently away from my desktop, and will have to check to see if it was downloaded onto my desktop as well. In that case, I will likely have two instances of the book on my desktop. I will keep you updated on this. Happy Sabbath all.