- The new file with the Pine Knoll 2021 Q2 SS Lesson helps is now in the Bible Study\ Logos Documents section. Moderators: Daniel Duda and Jon Paulien
- Would you please type the complete path i.e. website etc to The new file with the Pine Knoll 2021 Q2 SS Lesson helps is now in the Bible Study\ Logos Documents section. Moderators: Daniel Duda and Jon Paulien Thnx
- You should be able to click on "Bible Study" on the left side of the "Adult Bible Study Guide" group webpage. Then click on "Logos Documents".
- Topic: Meeting Ellen White: The Ellen White You Never Knew Time: Mar 25, 2021 07:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) Join Zoom Meeting https://interamerica.zoom.us/j/97583611095?pwd=SFZZUWFuSHpyV0l6NTZTbXBRTXNhdz09 Meeting ID: 975 8361 1095 Passcode: 914290Join our Cloud HD Video MeetingZoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems. Zoom Rooms is the original software-based conference room solution used around the world in board, conference, huddle, and training rooms, as well as executive offices and classrooms. Founded in 2011, Zoom helps businesses and organizations bring their teams together in a frictionless environment to get more done. Zoom is a publicly traded company headquartered in San Jose, CA.interamerica.zoom.us
- The Lesson in Logos format is ready for downloading.
- Well I appear to be back online here again. Sorry that Logos do not appear to have corrected the problem with input boxes that was introduced in December 2019 in a Mac update. As usual download the zip file that applies to your PC system (Mac or Windows)
- Thank you again for all your excellent work compiling these files for us. They are a great blessing.
- Thank you John, for all your hard work in making these lesson studies in Logos.
- I have a few books that I have converted to Logos whose table of contents do not work, can anyone give suggestions as to how to make working links? Thanks for any help.
- Dawn, if you are still struggling, I am happy to look at it if you would like to email one of your books to me. I hesitate to put my email address directly in case of spam readers but I am with Google and the first part of my email address is johnlbuk1tech . Let me know here if you send something. Thanks
- There are at least 2 ways. The first works with any book you create. You hyperlink each entry in the contents section to the chapter title that you wish it to go you. If you have never played with hyperlinking do a google search for something like "creating hyperlinks in word table of contents". You will need to format each chapter title with a header style first. If the first explanation does not make sense try another one!
- The second one is using Logos page numbers and depends on you having paginated the whole book using the standard format [[@Page:56]] for page 56. if you have gone to the trouble of doing that you should also have numbered the sections in the contents section something like. Chapter 7 - Any Tile ............. 56 Just replace the number 56 by [[Page:56]] notice that there is NO @ in this When the book is compiled the 56 in the contents will now be live and clicking it will take you to page 56. I hope this helps.
- Salvation is free in that there’s nothing we can do to earn it. Our works can never be good enough to save us. Yet, at the same time, it can cost us everything. What does that mean? (See, for instance, Matt. 10:39, Luke 9:23, Luke 14:26, Phil. 3:8.) Various, SS Lesson 2021-Q1 Isaiah, Sabbath School Quarterlies (General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, 2020), 138.
- The new file with the Pine Knoll 2021 Q1 SS Lesson helps is now in the Bible Study\ Logos Documents section. Moderators: Daniel Duda and Jon Paulien
- RoseTheSeeker started a discussionDiscussBible Study Quarterly with Logos 9
I hope this is the right place to ask. I am really new to Logos having used WORDsearch in the past. I am really grateful for the Quarterly. No hard copy to store, and easy search for information.
For the lessons, I am trying to come up with a layout with appropriate resources to record my answers, and my thoughts. Initially I tried various things like Notebooks and Notes in addition to the Personal Book, but couldn't connect them to the lesson.
I have switched to using the Personal Document only, but I am not satisfied with my efforts to date.
- I use the Personal Document notes boxes, to type in my answers. However, I cannot review them as a complete document, since I can only see about 4 lines of text. I like to put in quite a lot about how each verse of question connects to my current understanding, and other verses, etc. I was hoping this would enable me to check back over time to see if my understanding had changed with time and further study.
- Is there any way I can export or print out a particular day's study with notes fully expanded. I don't really want to end up with answers typed into Word and printed as hard copy, and the lesson on the laptop in Logos, but may have to if there is no other solution.
- I have spent many days going through videos, wiki, forums, and have fallen way behind in my studies trying to come up with a workable solution.
- Hopefully a longtime user of Logos has already resolved these issues and can help me.
I am in my 70's, have a reasonable amount of experience with various types of programs as I am the support person for family and a number of elderly friends who just want things fixed when they go wrong. But Logos has so many options it is going to take some time to learn what to use and when.
God Bless you whoever you are,
- The lesson study guides for the first quarter of 2021 for the PC and Mac are both posted as Logos documents in the Bible study section of this group ready to be downloaded, unzipped and compiled. I still am regretful that we have to post separate files for the Mac from the PC due to Logos having not corrected the problem with fill in text boxes on the Mac. John was not able to upload the documents, so I uploaded them. I really appreciate all the work he does to compile these for us. It is especially nice that he takes the time to add the links to the Ellen White references, I know this is a lot of work.
- Hi Rick. I notice both word documents are the teachers edition....
- Hi Greg, I checked the Word documents in both zip files (PC and Mac) and they look OK to me. Please clarify where you are seeing the teachers edition in error. Thank you.
- Looks like it may just be the first few pages. If you open "EAQ21_Q1 - Final - PC" you will find it talks about being the teacher's edition, i.e., Page 4 of the Word Doc has a section "How to use This Teacher's Edition". Beyond page 4, though, it appears to be the standard edition.
- I like the New reading plan that is coming out with Logos 9 would love to read some of the books that I haven't had time to read. If it works like the bible reading plan that is awesome!