Adult Bible Study Guide (Seventh-day Adventist)
Denomination • 256 members • 39 followers
About this group
Discusses the Adult Bible Study Guide for the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- I have added a new file to the Bible Study Logos Documents Section: "Adult Bible Study Guide for 2019 Q4: Ezra and Nehemiah (Devotional)." This is nearly identical to the standard file in JohnB's upload, but I have tagged the file so that it can be compiled as a Monograph ("normal" book), a Calendar Devotional, or a Lectionary. I hope my small contribution will be helpful. Thank you to JohnB and Rick for their hard work to get the guides out to us each quarter. They do a great job, and I, for one, appreciate them!
- Just want to say thank you again to those who work on these quarterlies. It helps a lot!
- I have tagged the fourth quarter standard (not teacher) file so it can compile as a devotional. This will allow you to open to the current day's lesson automatically, similar to the way a devotional book will open directly to today's reading. Is there any interest in my sharing the file?
- The SS Quarterly for the fourth quarter is ready for download. Happy studying!! For newbys , click "Bible Study" on the left column and then "Logos Documents". The zip file for the fourth quarter should be at (or nearly at) the top of the list of files. Thanks to Rick, as usual, for correcting the errors I overlooked!
- Thank you so much for accepting me, and for all the time invested in converting these files. Am working on converting PDFs I own so I can use in Logos, so I am aware of what is involved. So thank you again. And for those who may not know, if after building book you go back into edit and click on upload it uploads the book and allows you to load your personal books onto your mobile device. However once you do, you can not delete them only hide.
- Hi Dawn, Welcome to this group. I do not believe personal books are available on mobile devices yet. I have not been able to get them on my iPad.
- Sorry. saw it somewhere (think a FB Logos group) when researching how to do personal books. Oh. well live and learn.
- Ok, found it again, this is what I saw When the build has successfully finished, you also have the option to upload your personal book to Faithlife's servers. This makes your personal book accessible in Logos on all of your other machines without having to rebuild the book. However, IMPORTANT: Once your book has been uploaded, it cannot be removed from the library entirely, nor can it be edited. It can be hidden from the library, but it will always be listed in the Personal Books panel. found here https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015926452-Personal-Books Presumed that when it said available om other machines that it included mobile
- where do you get the zip file for the 2019 3rd qtr ss lesson?
- Download the file to your computer uninstall it then compile the book you can choose whether you want to upload the compile book to sing to other computers
- Finally I got it! Keep me in your prayers for next month that I remember how to do this!! Thank you all for your help and have a Blessed Sabbath!!
- Sorry next Quarter!
- I'd like to connect to the 2019 Q3 SS Lesson, but I don't see any way to do so. Maybe I'm missing something. I've downloaded the zip file, but I can't seem to upload it into logos.
- Yes, using the '.docx' and 'jpg' files from the zip file. I have a folder called Logos Books in my documents file that I copy them to and then link to them in the Personal Book builder.
- Chalvar, I hope you have managed to build it. Sadly, this is the only way that we can use to provide the SS lesson. As with all PBs, they will not appear on a mobile app. There is a faint hope that this will be possible in the future but I am not holding my breath!
Fred Littlefield — EditedYes, Building the book is not too difficult. Here is how to do it. -Open "Personal Books" from the Tools Menu. -Click on Add Book just below the Personal books tab. -Type in the Title of the Book in the window that just opened and then fill in all the other information related to the book. -Choose Monograph as the type for this book. -You can add a field such as "Abbreviated Title" for the Quarterly such as you have described above "2019 Q3 ASSQ" or something like that so that you can search for it using the abbreviation. -Then Click on Add file and link the file that you downloaded. As Rick mentioned you should create a folder with all your personal books in it so they are easily found later. Store them in the cloud if possible so that you can link them to other computers with Logos on them and rebuild the book on those computers if you find problems. -After linking the file of the book then -attach the .jpg image of the cover by clicking on Change ... below the Book Image box. link the Image to the .jpg file that you downloaded from the zip files. These Images should be stored in the same folder with the .doc files with the same name as the book so that they are easily associated later. -Final two steps are to click on the "Build Book" button to build the Book then when it is finished click on the Finished button. -Final step which is an option is to click on the Upload button in the book that you just created so that the book will be available on other computers that you have with Logos on them. Hope that helps for anyone that has not built a personal book yet.
- The new file with the Pine Knoll 2019 Q3 SS Lesson helps is now in the Bible Study\ Logos Documents section. Moderators: Daniel Duda and Jon Paulien
- Greetings As some will have noticed, the SS Lessons for the third Quarter were posted 3 or 4 days ago. I have replaced those with a new zip file the ONLY difference being an updated cover picture (as a separate file and also in both Lesson books first pages) which is significantly sharper than the previous picture. The written content is exactly the same so if you are happy with the previous version you will not want to replace it. Any suggestions to me please.
- Hhello... I hope this group rekindles