- It actually is "compatible" with the lectionaries, in that it uses the same index as lectionaries do, even more than one (BCP, RCL and the Catholic Liturgical index - I think it follows RCL readings closely, see the green arrows in the screenshot below). It can't be used directly as a lectionary as it doesn't have a non-liturgical calendar index (Year Month Day - see orange box below) as lectionaries do. You can use your preferred lectionary, as an example I took the RCL, and put the ACD into a linked set with it (the "B" indicated with the red box in the screenshot). Navigating the RCL to a calendar date will automatically position the ACD to the respective liturgical date.
- Sorry, screenshot refused to upload - I put it into a forum post which I attached to a thread that discussed the same resource before: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/184836/1081736.aspx#1081736
- Why is this resource not compatible with the "Daily Devotionals" feature?
- Because it's a type:eBook resource which you buy from ebooks.faithlife.com (formerly known as Vyrso). Those resources typically have no index tagging at all, which means you can't use them for features requiring such tagging (daily devotionals require a day-of-year index). You can, however, build a Reading Plan for such a book and thus get the readings everyday (365 daily readings will be a challenge for leap-year 2020, though). Alternatively it is technically possible to extract the text of such a resource into a Word document, add tagging manually and build a PB for your private use from it, which you can compile as a daily devotional. Sharing such would obviously violate the copyright of IVP. NB: Be glad to own this resource even without index - Faithlife is not allowed to sell it to international customers like me!
- Thank you for bringing this resource to Logos!
- Why doesn't this "Calendar Devotional" work like a Lectionary?