Faithlife Groups 101
General • Bellingham, WA • 4 members • 381 followers
About this group
Learn how to use Faithlife Groups! Try new features, ask questions, and get help with your own group.
- Good day everyone. I want to add a few RSS Feeds to my Faithlife group. I see RSS Feeds in the Activity Feed Sidebar and where to click and drag it over. Once dragged over, how do I figure out the URL for the RSS Feed I want to put in? I tried what I thought was the URL with no success. Does it need to route through a RSS Feed program?
- Good day everyone. I have my Faithlife Group, Strait Ministries, set for Private - Anyone can find the group. Member Only, no followers. Despite that setting folks are still "Following" the group. Any thoughts on why the setting is not working?
- Good morning Richard, it is possible for that to happen if you have extended any permissions to Followers or to Public on your Features and Permissions page: https://faithlife.com/straitministries/features-and-permissions If you want your group to remain Private without Followers, then I recommend making sure those permission sliders are set to Members or further to the left.
- I just created a group for our youth group to be same to connect during this pandemic, but they are having difficulty with posting contents to the group. They are hoping to be able to have fun little challenges which requires the kids to post short videos to a challenge, but they can’t seem to get video to upload at all, it seems to soon for a while and then fails. Any ideas? I’ve tried to perform the same action as a group admin, and any size/lengthy video fails to be posted.
- Ah... that’s unfortunate. They were hoping for a quick platform that was secure and within our church already with which kids could interact. I assume that would be the same for people responding to posts with content, correct?
- I am thinking about setting up a Faithlife Group for some people in my church. We already have a Church Group - by virtue of using Proclaim. Should I use that group for this new purpose - providing a collaboration area for people - or should I create a new one? What are the pros / cons of either approach? Thanks, Graham
- Hi Graham Criddle the church group for Proclaim is typically the general group for the church. If you are wanting to make a group that has a specific purpose, which I am inferring from 'some people' you can create a subgroup of the main church group. To do this you can navigate to your church group, scroll down to 'Groups' then select the "+" to make the new group.
- Is there a way to have the reftagger use a different translation for our group? Where is that setting?
- Is there a way to bulk import, or bulk invite our members into our Faithlife group?
- Hi, I am an admin of my church's Faithlife group, and there have been 2 for sale posts that have been flagged. Is there a way to see who flagged it, or why they were flagged?
- Currently, the system sends the poster a notification that someone flagged the post. The notification is anonymous, so all the poster knows is that someone (or several people) found the post inappropriate. The group admin can see flag counts on the post, not who did the flagging. This is a relatively simple moderation function, and there is internal discussion on how we can improve the moderation functionality. Thank you for your feedback on flagging!
- Thanks for your response! look forward to seeing or hearing of improvements to come! Blessings!
- My question isn't meant to be snarky, but is there consistent activity in all of the Faithlife groups that are available? Take this one for example, the last post appears to have been two months ago. The more I look around the im inclined to think that putting any effert here is not worth it.
Matt Mattox(Faithlife) — EditedYour question is totally acceptable Ken Runyon We monitor this group based on activity/amount of post. Majority of the times input is brought into these groups: Proclaim: https://faithlife.com/proclaim/activity Faithlife Sites: https://faithlife.com/faithlife-sites/activity Faithlife Equip Early Access: https://faithlife.com/faithlife-equip-faithlife-equip-early-access/activity Majority of the questions you'll see in those groups can reflect your group etc, but feel free to ask questions here if it's related to Faithlife groups.
- In addition to using the My Faithlife feed so I can stay up to date on all posts on the groups I'm in, I also use the Faithlife app for my phone. That way I can receive notifications whenever anyone posts to any of the groups I'm a part of. That app also has a lot of other great features too. Once in a while I'm not sure which group to post my question to, but I find that the Faithlife team will still respond anyway or else get me to the right place.
- A few days ago, I saw all the groups that I was a member of on the left side panel, listed under "Groups." Now I don't see them. Manage groups gives no options. How can I see what Groups I follow or am a member of?