Logos Support Group
This is the user-ran Logos Bible Software support group! Feel free to ask any questions related to Logos Desktop (MAC or PC), Web App, Kindle Fire App, or Mobile App.
Note: For official Faithlife support and free training, look here: https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us
Please Help Out! Don't be afraid to jump in and give your best answers to the questions asked. Also, feel free to invite anyone to this group!
Please keep all your interactions on this group respectful and loving. This is not a group for general or personal criticism, sarcasm, soapboxing, and making assumptions on other's motives or character. Followers that don't follow these guidelines will be blocked.
- How can I buy any book as a group license?
How Have You Organized Your Notebooks in Logos 8?
How have you organized you notebook in Logos 8? Screenshots? What is your thinking behind your structure? Phil Gons (Faithlife) gave good advice on how to and not to use notebooks.
Right now, I am trying to see if Andy Nasselli's organization would work for me in Logos:
1. My Personal Library.
2. Exegesis and Biblical Theology
3. Historical Theology
5. Practical Theology
6. Systematic Theology
- Andrew Biddinger I am intrigued by Phil Gons (Faithlife) reply there. Not sure how they envision that being used. I really only use labels in my Bibles. I wish though, that there was an easier way to apply a label to a reference as opposed to just a highlight, that way it shows up in all of my Bibles. It can be done, it is just a pain to go back and edit the note.
Learn How To Use The New Logos 8 Notes Tool
On Wednesday, February 13th, at 11:00 am PT/2:00 pm ET, attend “Learn How To Use The New Logos 8 Notes Tool” where Logos product expert, Adam Borries, will give you a look into the new tool in Logos 8! This is your chance to ask questions and explore this awesome new tool!
Ron Ferguson — EditedPhil, since I work during the day, will this webinar be posted somewhere where it can be watched later?
- If you register for the webinar they will also send the video. Makes sense since a lot of Logos users will be in bed on the other side of the world. As one guy said he wasn’t planning on getting up at 3 a.m. to watch, can’t blame him.
What's in Your Shortcuts Bar?
What shortcuts are in your shortcuts bar? Do you use them?
My Shortcuts (right now) are:
- Faithlife Assistant
- Highlights Tool
- Copy Tool
- Explorer Tool
- Notes Tool
- Passage Guide
- Word By Word Guide
- Biblical Events Navigator
- Hi all: Is this only for technical stuff, or also for content, user usage, etc? https://medium.com/@josiah12345/logos-walkthrough-6b537c7ab8c3 https://blog.logos.com/2018/11/logos-spiritual-formation-lectio-divina-workflow/ It would be great to share ways to go about researching particular theological and / or Biblical topics.Logos for Spiritual Formation: the Lectio Divina Workflow - LogosTalkGuest writer Adam B. Shaeffer holds an MA in Spiritual Formation from Talbot School of Theology and a PhD in Theology from Durham University. He is already a big fan of Logos 8. In this post, I’ll be exploring one of the ways Logos 8 can play a vital role in our spiritual formation. One …blog.logos.com
- Hamilton Ramos I believe the goal of workflows is more for helping the beginning user start to do in-deph Bible study. Adam Borries (Faithlife) mentioned in the L8 intro video that it is really to help those who don't know how to study the Bible (https://faithlifetv.com/items/601932). But, I think it also could be helpful for some complex studies as well.