Faithlife Groups 101
General • Bellingham, WA • 5 members • 380 followers
About this group
Learn how to use Faithlife Groups! Try new features, ask questions, and get help with your own group.
- My question isn't meant to be snarky, but is there consistent activity in all of the Faithlife groups that are available? Take this one for example, the last post appears to have been two months ago. The more I look around the im inclined to think that putting any effert here is not worth it.
Matt Mattox (Faithlife) — EditedYour question is totally acceptable Ken Runyon We monitor this group based on activity/amount of post. Majority of the times input is brought into these groups: Proclaim: https://faithlife.com/proclaim/activity Faithlife Sites: https://faithlife.com/faithlife-sites/activity Faithlife Equip Early Access: https://faithlife.com/faithlife-equip-faithlife-equip-early-access/activity Majority of the questions you'll see in those groups can reflect your group etc, but feel free to ask questions here if it's related to Faithlife groups.
- In addition to using the My Faithlife feed so I can stay up to date on all posts on the groups I'm in, I also use the Faithlife app for my phone. That way I can receive notifications whenever anyone posts to any of the groups I'm a part of. That app also has a lot of other great features too. Once in a while I'm not sure which group to post my question to, but I find that the Faithlife team will still respond anyway or else get me to the right place.
- A few days ago, I saw all the groups that I was a member of on the left side panel, listed under "Groups." Now I don't see them. Manage groups gives no options. How can I see what Groups I follow or am a member of?
- When I enter our church website from the Faithlife Groups app (by hitting the church icon), our church calendar does not show up. If I go to our website directly from a URL, it is there.
- I know this is a premature question, but any idea how long before Proclaim will be updated to work on the new Mac OS?
- Matt, Thanks for the response however I was inquiring about the newest beta release of Mac OS 10.15. I’m one of those idiots who can’t wait to update and have a developers license. I did so without thinking about Proclaim and it does not work on this Mac OS. I am having to utilize another presenter since all others do work (i.e. Pro presenter, Media Shout), although I hope to not have to use them for very long.
- Ah I see where you are going :) I can check with our developers, but since the OS is still in beta. I'm not sure how the process or duration may take. I'll keep you posted with any information that comes up. Just a thought, perhaps you already thought of this. Have you tried installing a VM of the current OS version?
Matt Mattox (Faithlife) — EditedHey Randy Starkey Did a little more digging. Since it is still on beta, we typically don't support OS until they are fully and publicly release. I believe this beta is out to the public in July. Even then we most likely won't support it until it is fully released. I apologize for the inconvenience.
- Hello, Jim Straatman or Jeremiah Doyle (Faithlife), I am going to be talking to my pastor about Faithlife groups and I want to be able to tell him what Bibles are included with a new account. Can one of you please advise? I know the LEB is one of them, but don't know about the others. Also, is there a place where I could see a list of all the free resources a new user will receive? Thanks!
- Hi Mike Measley, I checked and either the sermon editor or the notes tool can be used to copy and paste text with scripture into the "article editor" and the scripture will become links, as you said. I have to thank you for pointing me to the "article" type of post, since I hadn't noticed it before, but it will come in handy for the summer church bible reading project I'm going to be helping with. There is lots of flexibility regarding the types of editing features available.
- Hello Eric Seelye and Mike Measley, just jumping in here, you are right that the behavior of Faithlife.com capturing Bible references, and rendering them so it's hoverable does not work in the mobile app. There currently aren't any plans to integrate this, but I'll pass it forward as a recommendation to the development team. At the moment, using ref.ly or Mike's solution is probably the best route.
- Hi Justin (Faithlife), thanks for your comments, I appreciate them. I understand that the functionality of Reftagger in mobile likely would have to be different, but if there was a way for scripture references to be automatically detected and made easily accessible it sure would be great.
- Faithlife Workflows. - Love the tool. Just created my first workflow in Logos Bible Software. This will be a great way to share the daily devotions based upon the sermon each week. Question: How can I upload this Workflow to the Faithlife Church group Logos Documents?
- Facebook allows for live video streams. Will Faithlife be adding this feature so members who are sick can watch the service live from home?
- You bet! We are aiming towards that in house, but right now you'll need a 3rd party provider to host your live stream. Some people use Boxcast, stream monkey, OBS and a few others. FaithlifeTV does support the following live stream providers and if you are using Faithlife Sites you have the live streaming widget. Otherwise, you can embed your live stream into a content widget.
- How can one join the prayer list for a group using the mobile app? More people in our church just want to use the mobile app, but we cannot find ways to join the prayer list in the mobile app.
- Is there any official guidance regarding the difference between and best usage of "subgroups," "affiliated" groups, and the additional classification of "teams?" One of my groups includes a "Finance Team" that appears in the "Teams" section in the left column of that group's Faithlife page. It is also listed as a "subgroup" when I click "Manage Groups." I'd like to structure our congregation's groups, teams, etc. as efficiently as possible.
- This article might help: https://support.faithlife.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021177191-Add-a-Subgroup-to-Your-Group For us we have only 2 "teams" - our Proclaim Presentation Team and our Finance Team. You only want to add people to the Finance Team who you want to have access to the giving records.
- Thank you, Pat! I appreciate the link and your comments.