G. Jorge Medina
- I wanted to love this book because i love the Name of the Lord; however, the book needs some editing; some awkward sentences make the reading less than pleasurable. However, the greatest problem I have with it is the questionable choice of "Messianic" version of the Bible. For instance, under El Gadol (Great God), the quote of Titus 2:13 plainly strips Yeshua of his deity: "while continuing to expect the blessed fulfillment of our certain hope, which is the appearing of the Sh’khinah [Divine Presence] of our great God and the appearing of our Deliverer, Yeshua the Messiah." The original text refers to only one "appearing" of our great God and Savior Yeshua. This is more than just a mistranslation, this is a falsification of an important text of Scripture. I would not use a version that dishonors Jesus in this way.
- Hello, G. Jorge Medina. Which Messianic version of the N.T. are you referring to? I have The Jewish NT, the Holy Scripture: Tree Of Life version, and The Messianic Writing by Daniel Gruber. I search for Gadol in these versions within Titus and I couldn't find it. God's blessings,
- I think the one used in the "His Names Are Wonderful" book is The Complete Jewish Bible by Stern, and published by Hendrickson. I was really disappointed in the falsification of Titus 2:13. "Gadol" appears in the book, not in the Bible it quotes. The Tree of Life version is correct at Titus 2:13 "We wait for the blessed hope and appearance of the glory of our great God and Savior, Messiah Yeshua." The Greek has one appearing, meaning Yeshua is the Great God and Savior.
- Number of pages???????
- It's a very useful tool, though it could benefit from some color; perhaps verbs in a color, nouns in another, etc? More interactivity would also be ideal.
- Still, one of the worst collection in all of Logos. Where, oh, where is the Pentecostal content???????? Hello? Logos? Are you there? Pentecostals are calling...
- Logos, fire whoever put this collection together. They are taking advantage of your ignorance, pretending to understand a movement they know absolutely nothing about.
- Agreed I was looking through it and was sad. Please look up the pioneers of Pentecostalism and Charismatic movement before offering under that name. Some are great, Hayford and some study helps are excellent but it really could be so much better. Sorry, hope it's constructive.