Harlan P. Hock Jr
- Almost finished with this course, but will keep referring back to it. Out of all the courses Logos offers this appeared to be the most interesting to me and original in content. Others that looked interesting at first appeared to be very long winded and uninformative in the sample videos (even the $600 ones). This one is packed with relevant info and examples, which is typical of all of Runge's videos. Also several videos show how to setup Logos filters to see the course topics appear in the Bible...really cools stuff! Certainly well worth it.
- Thanks for your response. Purchasing based on this review and the webinar the other day. I have seen other good Logos courses on subscriptions, but I am particular about purchasing things I will want to refer to multiple times or not have a time limit on. Your comments seem helpful.
- FYI, Fr. Joseph Clifford Fenton "obtained a doctorate in Sacred Theology (S.T.D.) from the Pontifical University of Saint Thomas Aquinas, Angelicum in Rome in 1931 under the direction of Fr. Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange, O.P." Anyone having studied under Rev. Garrigou-Lagrange is worth checking out.
- The blurb above doesn't do this author justice. He's been a contributor to communio-icr.com for 15 years. One of his best articles was "Liberalism, Religious Freedom, and the Common Good: The Totalitarian Logic of Self-Limitation" - Volume 40.2 (Summer-Fall 2013). This article has been highly referenced (e.g. Liberal totalitarianism by Peter J. Leithart in the First Things journal) and requires a high amount of intellectual thought and focus to grasp. He has a book "Freedom from Reality: The Diabolical Character of Modern Liberty" coming out Dec. 2017 that I'm excited about.
- Dear Harlan, Greetings in the name of Jesus Christ. I saw your review on Schindler's work, and other books you find compelling. I live in Africa, though, I am planning to start a course that will lead me to a diaconate program in the US, but I haven't seen these books, and I cannot afford them even if I can locate them. Can you please, send me anyone of them, if you can afford it? Even the Catholicismfor Reason, won't be bad. Basil Odenore
- I would like to send something better for you. Maybe send me a message since I can't send you one for some reason and we can go from there. Tell me what your interests are or what you're proficient in.