Special Interest • 36 members • 72 followers
About this group
A community for Christian homeschool families to share resources and ideas and get help training the next generation.
- Welcome to the homeschool families community on Faithlife! This is a place for users of Logos Bible Software and other Faithlife products to share ideas, get help, and ask questions about how to get the most value out of Faithlife and Logos products for homeschooling your children. Many of you either attended the Teach Them Diligently conference in Columbus, OH (5/30–6/1) or learned about our free version of Logos 8 for homeschool families through someone who did. This group is a place for you to get help learning how to get the most out of Logos in your homeschool and have community with other Christian homeschool families. If you're looking for the list of what came with the Homeschool Starter Bundle, visit the product page: https://www.logos.com/product/176915/homeschool-starter-bundle. If you're looking for some training videos to get you started with Logos, check out the Teach Theme Diligently landing page: https://www.logos.com/teachthemdiligently. If you missed the free offer, you can still get started with Logos 8 Basic: https://www.logos.com/basic. We may have other free offers in the future, so be sure to follow this group to learn about other resources for homeschool families.Logos 8 Basic—Free Bible SoftwareLogos 8 Basic is free Bible software that helps you discover life-changing biblical truths wherever you are. Study Scripture and consult commentaries, devotionals, Bible dictionaries, and more—all from your computer, tablet, or phone.www.logos.com
- Can my 6th grader get a discount on a Logos bundle as a "student?" I want to start teaching her to use some Logos features like reverse interlinears and need to get her a basic package. Or if you could launch a Homeschool package that includes some of these resources I would be very interested
- >not at this point. But perhaps in the future we'll be able to allow you to share your existing library (or qualifying portions of it) with members of your family. Phil Gons (Faithlife), I'd love to see that "future possibility" implemented. That said, as long as the new Base Packages have dynamic pricing, that should be a good start.
- Praying for Godly wisdom as Faithlife creates & implements Christian Home base packages (perhaps in 2019 for License Agreement modification) while being cognizant that Faithlife apps & applications have been designed with single user focus so suspect every group-licensed user should have their own installation(s) for personalization, reading progress, ... FYI: know of one church youth group using YouVersion mobile app that tracks usage with points. Like idea of Christian Home mobile education certificates.
- Check out the free Look at the Book series from Dr. John Piper: https://www.logos.com/product/54898/look-at-the-book.Look at the BookLook at the Book is a new online method of teaching the Bible. It’s an ongoing series of 8–12 minute videos in which the camera is on the text, not the teacher. You will hear John Piper’s voice and watch his pen underline, circle, make connections, and scribble notes—all to help you learn to read God’s word for yourself. His goal is to help you not only see what he sees, but where he sees it and how he found it. Includes more than 100 videos.www.logos.com
- Check out the free Lexham Intro Collection (5 vols.): https://www.logos.com/product/55923/lexham-intro-collection.Lexham Intro Collection (5 vols.)Get started using Logos Bible Software with a collection of high quality Bible study resources—for free! With the Lexham Intro Collection, you’ll get right into the study of the Word. With an English Bible and Greek New Testament, an audio New Testament, a Bible dictionary, the world’s most advanced study Bible, and a 365-day devotional, you’ll begin to see why Logos Bible Software is the most acclaimed Bible software for serious biblical study. Whether using your tablet, phone, desktop, or Mac, this collection provides a well-rounded introduction to biblical studies in Logos.www.logos.com
- Check out the free Ten Ways to Improve Your Bible Study with Digital Tools from Dr. Mark Ward: https://www.logos.com/product/136643/ten-ways-to-improve-your-bible-study-with-digital-tools.Ten Ways to Improve Your Bible Study with Digital ToolsIn just seconds, Logos Bible Software can help you discover insights it could take days to find combing through a paper library. But using this powerful technology doesn’t have to be intimidating—and it doesn’t have to mean giving up your print library. In fact, Logos can fit right in with the workflow you already know and love. In this free ebook, Dr. Mark Ward demonstrates how Logos can help you spend less time flipping pages and hunting down cross-references, and more time uncovering insights from God’s Word.www.logos.com
- The Crucial Questions Series (28 vols.) from R. C. Sproul is also available for free: https://www.logos.com/product/150576/crucial-questions-series.Crucial Questions Series (28 vols.)www.logos.com
- The Richmond Times-Dispatch (6 vols.) is also available for free: https://www.logos.com/product/9946/richmond-times-dispatch.Richmond Times-Dispatch (6 vols.)The Richmond Times-Dispatch has been the primary daily newspaper of Richmond, Virginia for over the past 150 years. At the time of establishment in 1850, it was one of the very few non-partisan newspapers around and featured relatively unbiased articles. During the Civil War, Richmond became the capital of the Confederate states and the Daily Dispatch decided to promote the Confederate cause. The Daily Dispatch continued to produce a daily (except Sunday) publication throughout the war, but with inflation, a lack of supplies, and a need for some sort of revenue, its format was altered—including more advertisements than actual news.www.logos.com
- The Duke Databank of Documentary Papyri (256 vols.) is also available for free: https://www.logos.com/product/9945/duke-databank-of-documentary-papyri.Duke Databank of Documentary Papyri (256 vols.)The Duke Databank of Documentary Papyri (256 vols.) is a collection of rare ancient manuscripts. These documents were written on various forms of writing material including papyri, ostraca, and wood tablets. This collection is solely compiled of documentary papyri: personal letters, receipts, various political documents, and other correspondence.www.logos.com
- The Perseus Renaissance Collection (22 vols.) is also available for free: https://www.logos.com/product/9943/perseus-renaissance-collection.Perseus Renaissance Collection (22 vols.)The Renaissance was a period of time known for its intellectual rise in literature, philosophy, politics, science, religion, and art. It is credited as a time where new ideas, perspectives, and theories evolved. The Perseus Renaissance Collection (22 vols.) is a compilation of the history and literature of the British Isles during the English Renaissance period.www.logos.com
- The Perseus Civil War and 19th Century American Collection (340 vols.) is also available for free: https://www.logos.com/product/9942/perseus-civil-war-and-19th-century-american-collection.Perseus Civil War and 19th Century American Collection (340 vols.)www.logos.com