- I have owned this book ever since 1978, when I was saved and bought the Commentary by recommendation of my faithful pastor Ivo Seitz. I have read perhaps over 80% of it thoroughly and now i am resuming its study, more convinced than ever of its faithfulness and utility. Let me just say that it is a work from before the disastrous storm of modernism that sweeps the credibility of Scripture en the last centuries. Read it, and you will love it and will be amazed again at the coherence of Scripture, and credibility of the Great Author of the bible. Your faith will be renewed and reinforced! Follow the advice of Spurgeon about reading it entirely!
- Do not want that kind either for free.....
- So do I!
- Joaquim, can you elaborate on "that kind"? Im confused. I might be missing something important here.
- Agreed with others. This is a wonderful, thoughtful, and well reasoned resource from one of the greatest (arguably THE greatest) theologians of the 20th century. Of course his argument presupposes a thoroughly Reformed understanding of the doctrine of the church, sacraments, and covenant. He spells these out in detail in his Reformed Dogmatics, but not here.
- I am glad I did not buy it before reading Isaac Gould's review. I entirely agree with him! Technology IS NOT the final panacea! It is great to have everything compacted to the machine, but sometimes we need the printed form. The electronic version must be possible to print as the original!
- Unable to read the sample pages....Could not assess...
- MOST USEFUL! Instead of all that sausage filling you send with the packs...you should send THIS!!!!!!