Publisher • Bellingham, WA • 7 members • 5,900 followers
About this group
Ancient Truth. Contemporary Conversations.
- Ron Stevenson has left the reading plan
- Interesting quiz on Angels today from Lexham, however, one answer is not correct. Spoiler alert, do not read further if you have not yet taken the quiz: there are two correct answers concerning how many angels are named in scripture. The canonical scriptures followed by the Catholic Patriarchs has three. The Protestant scriptures list two as Martin Luther removed the text with the third angel. I recommend a revision to the answer and provide why both answers would be correct and explain why. As one of the goals of Lexham Press and Faithlife is to be non-denominational. Some of our trained exorcists in the Catholic Church has verified Raphael in the course of their work. Here is a fun fact, in some Jewish and Christian traditions there are four, Uriel being the fourth angel by name.
- Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Since the quiz pulls content from Michael Heiser's new book, Angels, the answer reflects his Protestant perspective. We've updated the answer blurb to make it clear that Michael and Gabriel are the only named angels in the Protestant Bible to clear up any confusion.
- I appreciate the update and I understand (and respect) Micheal Helser’s perspective. I did enjoy some of the humor in the quiz as well. I have a certain theme song running in my mind!
- Finally got a break from Bible College to focus on some reading.
- The light of God has shone upon us through Christ !!!
- New Year, New Books | http://bit.ly/2G2vD5gNew Year, New Books - LogosTalkThere’s so much to look forward to in 2018. Lexham Press has some exciting new books scheduled to release this year, including a brand new book by Dr. Michael Heiser. We just finalized our Spring 2018 Catalog where you’ll find all of our exciting forthcoming titles. Here are three highlights that are coming soon—and all …blog.logos.com
- “Fostering More and Better Bible Reading” | http://bit.ly/2GEw0nM“Fostering More and Better Bible Reading” - LogosTalkWe all have a particular Bible translation we always turn to. It might be the Bible we grew up reading or it might be a translation we chose after hours of diligent research and thoughtful consideration. But what about all the other translations available to us? Should they be tossed aside? In his new book, …blog.logos.com
- Celebrating the Life and Work of Dr. Tony Ash | http://bit.ly/2GmnU2WCelebrating the Life and Work of Dr. Tony Ash - LogosTalkToday’s post was written by David Swearingen, a longtime friend and colleague of Dr. Tony Ash. Dr. Anthony Lee “Tony” Ash, author and narrator of Walking With C.S. Lewis, a new Lexham Press video curriculum, died after a short illness on December 6, 2017; he was 86 years old. Dr. Ash was a professor of …blog.logos.com
- Abraham Kuyper’s Theology in Practice | http://bit.ly/2FWbm2cAbraham Kuyper’s Theology in Practice - LogosTalkIn his two massive theological commentaries, Common Grace and Pro Rege, Abraham Kuyper develops a robust public theology, fully addressing the intersection of faith and culture. Too often, theology simply resides in the lofty chambers of academia, without any real connection to the life of the common man. That is why Kuyper’s encounters with Islam …blog.logos.com