Logos Bible Software
General • Bellingham, WA • 27 members • 54829 followers
About this group
Logos Bible Software is the world's leading tool for digital Bible study, and a product of Faithlife.Follow
- Tell your family and friends about our free version of Logos 9 software! Get Logos 9 Basic here: http://bit.ly/3tEgbpELogos 9 Basic—Free Bible SoftwareLogos 9 Basic is free Bible software that helps you discover life-changing biblical truths wherever you are. Study Scripture and consult commentaries, devotionals, Bible dictionaries, and more—all from your computer, tablet, or phone.bit.ly
- In LOGOS 9, when preparing my sermon and creating slides, is there a way to do "Fade in Text" when creating bullet point slides? This is a function in Proclaim, but I can't find a similar one in LOGOS 9.
- No - this is not possible in the sermon builder
- Scott, There's not a current way. However, our team is looking at more ways in the future to make the experience between Sermon Builder and Proclaim more consistent. Thank you for writing in regarding this.
- Scott, We did a big more digging on this, and while there's not a way to do it just like you can in Proclaim, there is a way to add progressive text in the slide media tool within Logos 9. It's definitely not a true "fade in" action but it will create a new slide with just the next text added to the following slide in addition to what was on the previous slide. Please see the attachment. But essentially, if you add the "++" at the beginning of the line, it will perform this action. Perhaps this will be of some benefit for now, but as I said earlier, we will continue to explore ways to make the Sermon Builder and Proclaim experience more consistent.
- I'm trying to create a personal book that uses VolumePageLine milestones. I can do VolumePage milestones using the syntax [[@vp:1,1]] and link to them as [[Vol 1, Page 1 >> vp:1,1]]. That works. However, VolumePageLine milestones using the syntax [[@vpl:1,1,1]] do not seem to work. Do I need to use something other than a comma to delimit the line number?
- Unfortunately, while the milestone syntax is clearly right, the corresponding link syntax does not appear to work. I see the display text only, but it is not a link.
- I see the same and couldn't get a working syntax for the links that would directly apply. But a workaround will work: if you build the PB with milestones, you can use the "Copy Location As"-feature to get URLs or L4 links that both work as link targets - as long as only you use the PB (i.e. you use resource links rather than reference links, and PB resources are unique to the user). They look like https://ref.ly/logosres/pbb:c9b25f7b847845b89c8815c526a1831e?ref=VolumePageLine.V+1%2c+P+1%2c+L+2 and logosres:pbb:c9b25f7b847845b89c8815c526a1831e;ref=VolumePageLine.V_1,_P_2,_L_1 (but I couldn't get a working ref-link syntax to work)
- Thanks Mick. You are very helpful. I was hoping to share this PB with my church, and there would be lots of such links. I guess that Logos intended the links to work, so this might count as a bug. Is there any way of asking for a fix? For now, I am using your workaround. I'll just have to inform people how to do a global replacement of my PBB id for theirs when I share it. May I ask a related question please? I know that I can add ";off=20" for example, to give the link an offset in characters from the milestone, to point to the start of a sentence for example. Is there any way of defining the end of the cross-reference, say by adding ";len=40" or something like that, so that when one hovers the link, the popup would only show that number of characters? At the moment, the popup contains everything until the next milestone, or about 840 characters, whichever is less, but that is sometimes more than I want.
- I'm thankful to be able to learn from Logos. I'm not very computer savvy & I am hopeful that I might be able to see if I can share my account with my wife on her phone so that she can read the books that I have so far? I have both the Logos Android Phone App and the Faithlife Ebooks Android Phone App. We would like to be able to read the same books and study together. We're Retired and on a fixed income and scraping to make ends meet, and I was hoping that I could put my Logos on her phone also?
Zachary Stoll — EditedFor the most part Faith life/Logos considers you and your wife one person... So you can share your account with her... The small exceptions are like if your both pastors of different churches, or each have paid jobs where you use Logos for your job research.
- So how do I add my account onto her phone so we can read the same books?
- I did it. All it took was to download the Logos App onto my wife's phone, and then I logged into it with my login and password. She said that it will keep her reading forever now after seeing how many books I have. 🙌✝️
- Logos 9 free is not opening anymore after I reinstalled Windows 10. I only get where I input my email adress and after a few seconds all disappear. What could be the problem? Thanks.
- There could be a range of reasons for this and it would be helpful to see some diagnostic logs. Please enable diagnostic logging and posts logs after you have tried to start Logos. Details at https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360027869132-How-to-Enable-and-Submit-Log-Files
- Sorry for the trouble, Emilio. Many times, problems like this can be solved simply by running the LogosSetup file again from www.logos.com/install. But as Graham said, there are a number of possible causes. You can find other troubleshooting steps at the link below, or call our support team at 1-800-875-6467. https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008044592-What-to-do-if-Logos-Crashes-Windows
- I reinstalled Windows 10 and Logos started OK. Thanks.
- Is it possible to hyperlink to MS Word documents from my computer to notes in Logos 8? I cannot seem to locate an article online or in the help manual for this (seemly) simple task. Note: I did create a hyperlink in Word to the document and inserted it into link window in the logos notebook, but it will not work.
- Hi, Gene! If I understand you correctly, you want to put a link in your Logos notes that goes to one of your Word docs. The best I could come up with was to open Windows Explorer to the document location, and then drag that document file into the Resource Favorites section of the toolbar to the right of the dropdown menus (Docs, Guides, Tools). Logos will create a shortcut there that will open your document in Word. You could then even create a folder to put all those shortcuts into. Otherwise, I can't seem to create a link in a Note that doesn't convert to an "https://" web address. If this doesn't work in Logos 8, you might consider the free upgrade to Logos 9. However, if I misunderstood and instead you want to create a link in a Word document that goes to a Logos Note, the only way I can find to do that is to send your note to a Sermon Document, for which then you can copy the link from the 3 dots menu in the upper right corner of the Sermon Document window. Then insert that link into your Word document. I hope that helps. Blessings!
- How can I add a new web link to my web folder in the short cuts bar thanks for the help I have done this before need a little help?
- Is there a way to sign out of Logos on an IPhone 11?
- Thanks something for the technical field to work on. My wife is Korean so we have separate accounts as I don’t read Korean.
- You could try using separate apps - one using the Logos app and the other the Verbum one
- Thank you Graham that works never would had thought of doing that.
- I need some help. I was working in a notebook and had two notes prepared then I was trying to copy a picture into the notebook and poof my notes are gone I opened Doc’s and clicked on the garbage can but nothing was deleted I tried to search but had no luck as I didn’t anchor any Bible reference to my notes.
- Sorry to hear you are having problems. The Doc menu garbage can doesn't contain delated notes. Try: * opening the Notes Tool * open the Facet panel on the left * click the Trash button at the bottom. Deleted notes will be found there - but as you didn't actually manually delete, they might not be present.
- Thank you Graham I found my note somehow they were no longer in a notebook but I got them back so relieved a whole lot of typing I don’t have to do.
- Can someone from Logos/Faithlife please give an update of the status of the Hebrews Verse by Verse commentary? It was supposed to ship on 9/8, but doesn't seem to have done so. Thanks. https://www.logos.com/product/205003/hebrews-verse-by-verseHebrews Verse by Verse (Osborne New Testament Commentaries)In Hebrews Verse by Verse, the late Grant R. Osborne, with George H. Guthrie, shows readers how this beautifully crafted letter encourages believers to endure in faithfulness to Jesus. By using Scripture and theology to lay the foundation for these exhortations, the central message of Hebrews continues to be relevant for the church today. Osborne’s commentary delves into the grand implications of Christ’s identity and its importance for our spiritual lives.www.logos.com
- Faithlife Equip - Faithlife Equip Admins - FaithlifeUsing Logos 9 Desktop I am creating a passage list and want to share the list, but the share button is grayed out. How do I share a passage list?faithlife.com
- Hi Tony Just checking - is it the share button outlined in red in my screenshot that is grey for you? Graham