Logos Bible Software
General • Bellingham, WA • 25 members • 54736 followers
About this group
Logos Bible Software is the world's leading tool for digital Bible study, and a product of Faithlife.Follow
- Hello and Blessings, I am having a wonderful time with my Bible time(s) and the updated software on all three of my platforms, MAC, iPhone and iPad. the iPad gets the most ‘go to’ activity by far. While it is sooo much better with the newest update I am perplexed by two things…. 1. The latest iPad Pro 11”, when working in Logos does not support use with an Apple Pencil. It works in a lot of functions but I was told that it (the Logos iOS software) is not designed to work with the Apple Pencil, so some of the tasks will not work when using the pencil. This makes it tedious to try to complete tasks in my daily work. 2. The new iOS software in the iPad once again is sooo much improved but this iPad Pro latest edition struggles to handle ‘Notes’ on occasion, freezing and restarting. When I inquired about this it was suggested that since I had more than a 1000 notes, this is expected behavior. Notes are a VERY big part of my Logos experience. The iPhone and MAC appear to have no problem with notes in excess of 1000, just the iPad Pro that I use. Any thoughts about coming updates etc. Would be encouraging. Thank you and once again, Blessings to the developers and support staff of the finest Bible software on earth!
- Logos is by far the buggiest piece of software on any of my platforms. I report things at least every month. There is no competition to Logos which is the primary issue. I have 56,339 notes in my system and don't see this lockup on iPad Pro that you're experiencing. If Faithlife support is telling you that lock ups are the expected behavior, I'd escalate that support ticket. I had to do that once when I had a problem playing my audio resources on iPhone. They basically told me "Sorry. Don't know if/when this will ever be fixed." I responded that a faith based company should not treat customers like that. A support manager contacted me and they fixed it. But now, I'm having another problem with audio resources and yet another problem with iOS devices reading other resources. It's always something that doesn't work. Thousands of dollars invested and lots of bugs.
- Understand Tim, and thank you for the information. blessings
- Can anyone tell me if the sermon builder is available for Android devices? I can find documentation for iPad, but not for android.
- May I know how to list all instances of "father" NEAR "will of" (for both upper and lower case)? I have unselected the match case option, but it does not yield the expected result.
- You have "match all forms" selected rather than "match case"
- Your query was set up correctly except for the quote marks (") around father. - Take the quotes off from around the word -father- - leave "Match case" turned off You will see all your verses with both "Father" and "father" in the results
Please give thanks to the Lord for something He has done.
- I need to reinstall the NKJV audio Bible. The first few chapters of Genesis have verses broken at the end of the chapters. Starting at Genesis 12, it states it chapter 12, but it is in Exodus someplace. Total mess up. Danny
- I installed it on two computers and still the same problem. It is the NKJV Audio Bible Fully Dramatize by Stephen Johnston.
- Can you control where a new tab opens? For example, when I click on the apparatus of the NA28, it opens a new tab in a seemingly random spot. I wish I could send them all to the same window or tab group. Thanks!!
- Yes, I would like more control where newly opened resources show up.
- I usually click on the resource title, then drag it to where I want it.
- Thanks, Harry. I meant when I clicked a "link" inside a resource, it moves to a tab location randomly. Dragging works, but its a bit cumbersome when I'm doing a deep dive!
- The Copy/Cut and Paste Without Formatting feature has been terrible for a long time, especially between Sermon Documents and Notes, but is even worse with Logos 10. Is there any hope for improving this? In particular, with Logos 10 it actually adds extra lines when pasting, and there is now no difference between Paste and Paste Without Formatting. This is very inconvenient and time consuming to correct manually.
- Where is the "report typo" tool in Android apps? I selected it to be shown in the Settings.
- I haven't seen that option since the most recent update. I wonder if it has been removed. ??
- Scott Warner We removed the Report Typo option when we released the Logos 10 app in October. Due to sufficient demand, we have added the Report Typo option back into the Android app. It is currently in the beta app and will ship to the stable app in a few weeks. Android 10.2.0.0340 Release Notes: https://wiki.logos.com/Android_Reader_10.2.0.0340 How to join the beta app testing: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/191222.aspx
- Ok. I saw that it was in the settings, so it was confusing. I'm glad it will be coming back.
- Can someone direct me to keyboard shortcuts? Thanks so much (If God be for us, who can be against us!)
- Thanks, God bless