- More long-winded than Carson but still gives helpful comments. Doesn't summarize larger sections as would be helpful but does break down verses and contructions well. 5 stars
- Great insight on Mark. Gives helpful comments although for a greek text commentary it doesn't explain the grammatical contructions as much as I'd like but still a top quality piece of scholarship, definately recamend to those who have enough Greek
- definitely (no pun intetended) the best treatment of the doctrine of definite/limited atonement or particular redemption I've ever read. This book works through the subjuct like mangle crunching it's way through historical theology, biblical texts, current day theological thought and is considerately rounded off with a deeply pastoral section showing how this doctrine is not just an abstract curiosity but has real impact on real life. The scholarship is top rate as is the formatting and editting. Personal highlights are Trueman and Motyers additions but overall the book is a thing of beauty. 5 stars.
- Does exactly what it says on the tin (or cover). Heiser presents some fascinating insights onto many of the more perplexing and overlooked pearls within our holy canon. Whilst I was not always persuaded with his final concluisons, his thought flow and sensitivity to historical/cultural context are most admirable. Gripping from start to finish this book will not dissapoint. 5 stars!
- Best English translation available. The committee for Bible translation have produced a truly stunning piece of scholarship with this 2011 edition. The dynamic equivilence really sings as the words of scripture are made transparent. Reads beautifully and would most recamend it as a staple devotional Bible.
- Now superseeded by the 2011 this version still is helpful and will be easier on the ear for those with certain persuasions on gender inclusion. A worthy addition to any collection of Bibles
- For an all round Pauline theology of prayer look no further. This outstanding book marries together rigourous Pauline exegesis with heartfelt and pastoral insights into the cave of riches that is prayer. I can scarcely think of a more revitalising and stimulating book to ignite a deep passion and desire to drive us in our pursuit of the living God. Prayer transforms us; and this book will transform your prayers 100% gauranteed.
- Brilliant book for anyone new to exegeting passages of Holy Scripture. Carson systematically takes a sledgehammer to a whole host of dodgy exegetical methods and shows clearly where they go wrong and how to avoid such mistakes. This book should be near to hand for any pastor, exegete or student of the Word.