Eyes to See
The past few years have been hard. It has been reported that there has been a 400% increase in anxiety among those polled. Suicide hotline usage is up 45%. A global pandemic, political unrest, and racial tension have all contributed to this. As Matt preached on recently, many of us are like Habakkuk, saying, "How long, O Lord?" We don't understand why our world is like this and we are crying out for help. Some folks are saying, "God, where are you in this?"
As believers, we know exactly where HE is - He is right here beside us. He's walking with us in the valley and showing up in the fire like He did for Shadrach, Meshak and Abednego. But sometimes don't we wish we could actually SEE Him?
I want to tell you - He is showing up. He is here, moving among His people. The time you got a call on your worst day from someone who says, "You've been on my mind - how can I pray for you?" That was His voice. When the guys from Church showed up to help with your house project or a gal offered to help with housework - that was His hands and feet.When you needed a ride and someone showed up or a meal came to your house - that was Him providing. Luke says it this way in the book of Acts: "God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us." (Acts 17:27) Our loving Father is not far away. We just have to open our eyes and WE WILL SEE HIM!
- 8 families dedicated their children to the Lord at our Baby Dedication (120 people attended)
- 83 seniors got food boxes
- 335 families were served at the clothing giveaway
- Our food giveaway served over 900 families
- 125 people came to spend time with our Church family at our Burgers & Blessings
- 13 of our teens attended the North Hills youth rally
- 54 women signed up for our women's class
- 20 teens are attending our Wednesday small groups
- Candy Stover was baptized into Christ!