About this group
Exalting Christ Serving PeopleFollow
- Welcome To Paw Paw Bible Church We are a community of believers in Jesus Christ in Paw Paw, Illinois, who exist to exalt our Lord, encourage one another in the faith, and serve each other in love. We are delighted that you have found our site and invite you to become better acquainted with the ministry.
- Faith Springs forth form Truth Rehearsed1 I cry aloud to God, aloud to God, and he will hear me. 2 In the day of my trouble I seek the Lord; in the night my hand is stretched out without wearying; my soul refuses to be comforted. 3 When I remember God, I moan; when I meditate, my spirit faints. Selah Where do you turn when your faith is challenged?…sermons.faithlife.com
- Finding Peace: The Secret No One Will Believe1 I cry aloud to God, aloud to God, and he will hear me. 2 In the day of my trouble I seek the Lord; in the night my hand is stretched out without wearying; my soul refuses to be comforted. 3 When I remember God, I moan; when I meditate, my spirit faints. Selah 4 You hold my eyelids open; I am so troubled…sermons.faithlife.com
- Hope Springs from Truth RehearsedGod’s faithfulness is still great.” This is where biblical lament is transformative. It not only gives voice to the pain you feel but also anchors your heart to truths you believe— or are trying to believe when dark clouds linger. Something bad may have happened in your life, which is why you are reading…sermons.faithlife.com
- God Our Strength and HopeWhat things do we envy? How does envy erode our perspective? 1 Truly God is good to Israel, to those who are pure in heart. 2 But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled, my steps had nearly slipped. 3 For I was envious of the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked. Envy - A Gate Way to Destruction…sermons.faithlife.com
- Psalm 73The Psalms teach us wisdom. 1 Truly God is good to Israel, to those who are pure in heart. 2 But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled, my steps had nearly slipped. 3 For I was envious of the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked. 4 For they have no pangs until death; their bodies are fat…sermons.faithlife.com
Please pray.Claudette - PRAY for Judie Willard, who fell and broke her femur and is in rehab. Patsy - PRAISE that she is recovering well from surgery on her knee and now walking mostly on her own (just sometimes with the assistance of a cane outside). Monica - PRAY for Wylma, as her sister passed away. PRAY for comfort for the family. PRAY for Wylma's son-in-law Lonnie, as he had surgery to unblock his carotid artery, which was 85 percent blocked. PRAY for recovery from his mini-stroke. PRAY for Jed & Joella as they are in isolation. John Hill - PRAISE that his friend Trey is feeling a little better with the pain in his back, but keep him in PRAYER. PRAY for John's cousin, Frankie, who had a shot and is hurting from it. Bonnie - PRAISE God that David is back home from jail. PRAY that her tiredness gets better. PRAISE God her COVID sickness is passing. PRAISE God Paige did not catch COVID. Allie - PRAY for her parents as they both have COVID. PRAY for their recovery. Bob - PRAY for Noelle Sauder, the mother of one of his friends, who was just diagnosed with ALS. Wylma - PRAY for her son-in-law, Lonnie, as his surgery did not go well. THe carotid artery closed up again. He is in ICU on a ventilator. The doctor said he would be in the hospital for another 2 weeks. Joyce - PRAY for Rachel as she has one cancer treatment and three biopsies this week. PRAY also for her emotionally. Michelle - PRAY for protection from any more lockdowns or COVID restrictions in light of VBS coming up. Laura - PRAY for Joe and her, as they are still sick. It has traveled to her stomach, so she's miserable. Joe has a head cold. Update Sunday evening: Joe has spiked a fever and is feeling really bad tonight. Please pray that we both get well soon. Also, Laura's step brother, Mike, passed away today from a heart attack. Please pray for our family, especially his wife LeAnne. It was sudden and came from nowhere, she’s in shock. Alicia - PRAY for Alicia and Felicity‘s doctor's appointments this week. Also, PRAY for Alicia‘s uncle needing open heart surgery. PRAY for decisions that need to be made and protection over their family, and Aaron‘s dad as he goes back down to Florida for a couple of weeks. PRAISE that we are still here and still meeting.
- Telling God We Trust Him1 For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation. 2 He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. 3 How long will all of you attack a man to batter him, like a leaning wall, a tottering fence? 4 They only plan to thrust him down from his high position.…sermons.faithlife.com
- Praise the Lord my Covid test came back negative. However, the doctor said I need to isolate for ten days from the point of exposure. So I will be out of isolation on the 27th. I will be available through text, phone and social media. Please contact me if you need anything.