- Too much starting from an argument and then searching towards evidence for it. Still, this book has some interesting insights.
- As an architect and theologian myself, this book kindled my interest as it is currently the only book about architecture and theology, history, philosophy. It gave me many new insights and is well-written. Much research is done to make these essays and I am long to read more of this author about this topic. A must-read for architects that what to delve deeper into architecture.
- Interesting book, which shows you the symbolic richness of the Gospels. Something many modern readers need to rediscover.
- A wonderful book to read. Luther was a man that would die for his convictions. Something which is often missing in many modern-day professors, theologians, preachers and so forth. Christianity tries to be relevant by wanting to be favoured in the world's eyes. Probably one of the greatest weaknesses of our days. By reading Luther, we can discover the power of a strong conviction. A man that stood against some of the strongest forces in that time. When are we brave enough to stand against the heresies and injustices of our time? Next, this book also shows the reader much of Luther time often expressed in a humorous manner. A must-read even if you do not agree with Martin(Maarten) Luther all the time.
- This book is useful to get a greater insight into what the Holy Scriptures teaches concerning what a human being is. Recently a friend came over to eat and told me he attended the SDA church for some time and that he was reading a book by Ellen White. He asked me what my opinion was of the SDA and I could not give him a fair answer. I have heard things about the movement, still never read their own works. So by reading this book I discovered some of the teachings of this movement (according to this book). Like not believing in an eternal soul or eternal punishment for the wicked. Still, the book has a good emphasis on salvation through Christ. However, I still need to study the movement in greater depth to know more about their teachings. Then some articles were better than others in my opinion and contained more depth. Added to that, some articles possessed many interesting facts and scholarly research. In some articles, I noticed a bit of eisegesis, which tried to make their point by not shedding light on many relevant Biblical Scriptures which opposed the argument they tried to make. Finally, this book let me think more about many interesting topics.