- I was a guest on the new NWYM Podcast. I chatted with hosts Austin and Jacob about outreach and evangelism. Give it a listen and let’s discuss. ☺️Northwest Yearly Meeting podcast: 02 - Evangelism & Outreach w/Lisa Garon on Apple PodcastsShow Northwest Yearly Meeting podcast, Ep 02 - Evangelism & Outreach w/Lisa Garon - Oct 1, 2022podcasts.apple.com
- Something to consider from the concert I am at. The musical group Cain reminded us that no one would be a Christian today if 11 disciples of Christ had not obeyed the Great Commission! We must all obey the call of the Great Commission.
- Sherwood Community Friends Church published a newsletterReadSCFC Weekly Updates 9-29-22
We're going to have fun this Sunday as we conclude our series called "JESUS IS…" with a message titled: "JESUS IS...The Life".
Sermon Summary: The Trinity is reflected in John 14:6 as Jesus is The Way, the Father is The Truth, and Holy Spirit is The Life. Jesus identifies himself as all three of them. Jesus is the way to the Father who is the one of ultimate perfection, maturity, and completion so he can lead us to become fully developed in who we are able to be. This is the life of wholeness Jesus wants us to experience AND WE CAN when we follow and live for him.
Missed last Sunday’s message about Jesus being "The Truth"? Watch it here.
- I saw this and just had to post it. It’s so true. Anywhere we are in the world, no matter who you’re with, no matter how loud the room is, or we’re driving in our car, sitting at our desk, in a coffee shop, at a restaurant, a grocery store, church, while walking down our block, in the morning, at night, eating breakfast or lunch or dinner, in school, at the beach, on top of a mountain, and even at Aunt Sally’s house, we can talk to God. It doesn’t need to be formal or long. All throughout our day, we could just have a conversation with him. We get to have conversation with him. He invites us to have a conversation with him. I invite you to try it today, all throughout your day. “Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” -Apostle Paul (1 Thessalonians 5)
- I've been doing this since 1980 when I read the book The Practice of the Presence of God. It's wonderful to have these conversations with God and be reminded that He is there with me all the time.
- This is me every day for years. It is so easy. We can just talk 24/7/365, and He always wants us to do it. It doesn’t have to be a formal prayer. Just a simple, God thank you for (fill in the blank). Thanks for sharing this Bob!
- WINTER COAT DRIVE We are collecting clean warm coats, hats, scarves, gloves, sweaters, sweatshirts, sweatpants, jeans, warm socks, boots, warm sleepwear of all sizes. Sleeping bags, and hand warmers are also needed. We are collecting for all ages. We will host this event on Friday, November 11 and Saturday, November 12 from 10am to 7pm. Donations can be dropped off starting now and placed in the white plastic barrel outside the front doors. Thanks! https://sherwoodfriends.church