- I really enjoyed this book. It was a quick read but covered a good amount of material. The style of writing kept me reading 'just one more chapter'. I actually purchased a copy for a friend. It's a small introduction to what the believers before us endured. I think people not familiar with church history would really benefit from reading this.
- I was very pleased with this course. Having been involved with music ministry for many years, this is an insightful discourse to point us where we need to be focused. I have had a number of these thoughts and this solidified some of my convictions. I find Dr. Block enjoyable to listen to (he reminds me of my father in-law who just went home to be with the Lord). I believe some will find this challenging. Here in NY, many houses of 'worship' have become entertainment centers. This is a call to be focused on God and live as He has called us to. Thank you Dr. Block for taking the time to share this with us.
- An interesting read. I would have liked to have seen the author put some references in for the stories he tells. Some of the ways the author looks at parables I haven't heard in the 35 years i have walked with the Lord. If nothing else, the book will inspire me to do some digging in areas I would not have thought about. The book reads easy as the author tells various stories of his experiences. Some are very touching. It was worth the $8 to hear some different thoughts.
- This was a really well done course. I am not a college graduate so there were parts that were well over my head, but the overall picture this painted was well worth the time. I will have to go back to the reading again, I went through this through the Mobile Ed Subscription and was running out of time. Fred Sanders obviously knows what he is teaching and he goes through the material in a way that gives a great historical picture of what the church has taught through the ages. I am very thankful that I was able to go through this.
- I really enjoyed this course. Having studied Ruth before, I still learned a number of things that I hadn't thought about before. Dr. Block was clear in his communication and easy to listen to. I look forward to going through more of his material.
- Loved this course. It was very educational to learn what the teaching were during the time of Jesus. This is so packed with information I will eventually go through it again. I was looking for a historic overview and I learned more than I imagined through these lessons. I'm surprised that more people haven't picked this one up.
- I enjoyed TH291 History and Trends in Dispensationalism over this class. I agree with the other comments, if you like Progressive Dispensation, you will like this. If you don't, it's a good one to pass by. I have enjoyed Dr. Brock's teaching on other books, you just need to be a good student and know what you believe and stand on that.
- Dr. Carl Sanders does a wonderful job giving an overview of the history of dispensationalism. It is clear he knows this material and he speaks in a way that is respectful of all the views he talks about. After going through this I have a better understanding of various theological views. I look forward to going through more of his Mobile Ed courses. He is a very enjoyable teacher to study under.
- There was some really good information in this course, and some I won't be using. Overall it was good, although at times I had a hard time listening to it. The instructor seemed to stumble over his own words often, which is ironic since this is a course on speaking. I found the first half of the course to be the most useful. The second half has good information for people who are not used to public speaking - posture, hand gestures, looking at people in the eye. Glad I went through it, it reminded me of things I learned early in my walk.