Faithlife Free Book Club
General • Bellingham, WA • 4 members • 2,575 followers
About this group
Get free 30-days access to a book each month, just by following the group!
- The reason I wrote 'This Risen Existence' was because I read a lot of Lent books that reflected on the lead up to Good Friday but had all stopped before Easter Sunday. As a result we ended up talking more about penitence, temptation and Jesus' death (hugely important though it is) than about his resurrection. So I thought I might ask - how important is the resurrection in your life and faith?
- March has arrived, and with it has come a free book from Dr. ! Follow the link below to get your free book, and then pop back here to read it in community. We're looking forward to some great discussion this month, led by Dr. Gooder herself.Free Book of the MonthBible study software that connects your life to the Word—Logos 7 helps you explore and understand the Bible with tools for Mac, PC, mobile devices, and the Web.www.logos.com
- — EditedHi everyone, My name is Paula Gooder and I thought I'd pop into the group today to tell you a little about me, and a little about my book. I trained in New Testament studies in Oxford (my tutor was Tom Wright ...you may have heard of him?) and since then I have been teaching in seminaries and churches trying to communicate my joy in, and passion about, the Bible. I currently work for the Bible Society in England and Wales as their Theologian in Residence and Head of Bible Engagement. I wrote this book because I love Easter and the resurrection so much and wanted to explore it more. I hope you'll enjoy reading it, but more importantly, I hope you will enjoy thinking more deeply about the resurrection and all it means for us.
- Special Offer for BraveDaily.comBible study software that connects your life to the Word—Logos 7 helps you explore and understand the Bible with tools for Mac, PC, mobile devices, and the Web.www.logos.com
- I'm selling my licenses for my journals. I have an large library of journals. To give you an idea, my total cost for them was $1264.24. I'm will sell the licenses for $850. That's a savings of $414.24. If interested, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will give you a full list of the journals. Keith Ferguson
- I have for sell my logos licenses for my 44-volume apologetic set for $400.00. This cost me $780.56. You save $380.56. Contact me: email@example.com, and I can give you a spreadsheet of the books. We can go from there. Keith Ferguson
- Only the man who follows the command of Jesus single-mindedly, and unresistingly lets his yoke rest upon him, finds his burden easy, and under its gentle pressure receives the power to persevere in the right way. The command of Jesus is hard, unutterably hard, for those who try to resist it. But for those who willingly submit the yoke is easy and the burden is light. -- Dietrich Bonhoffer ("Why I'm a Christian" p 139) Any personal testimony on this? Does anyone have actual experience with freedom in abandonment to Jesus?
- What is happening with this Group I really enjoyed being part of this but it seems to have stopped?
- Is this group still active. I haven't seen any new materials or posts for a while
- Hi , are you sure you have to take the magazine subscription? I believe the book should really be free, see if you can remove the magazine subscription from your cart and proceed without it. Let us know how you make out.
- Do y'all have a link you're referring to for this?
- Hi , here's the link to the Logos free book of the month: https://www.logos.com/free-book-of-the-monthFree Book of the MonthBible study software that connects your life to the Word—Logos 7 helps you explore and understand the Bible with tools for Mac, PC, mobile devices, and the Web.www.logos.com
- Will there be a book for April?
- Anyone? Anyone...?
- Try this, not sure why they haven't posted it here yet... https://www.logos.com/free-book-of-the-monthFree Book of the Monthwww.logos.com
- That is part of a different program where you get to keep the book. This group is access to a temporary license for a book that is removed at the end of the month.
- Thank you and for making this Eastertide reading possible. It has been much appreciated.
- I really liked Paula Gooder's wrap-up of the book, especially the way she displays the in-between nature of our life in these end times. I think we can never be reminded too often that we should be governed firstly by spiritual concerns as we "await the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13). "Resurrection existence is Spirit-filled and Spirit-led existence. The world to come is a world governed not by earthly concerns but by spiritual concerns. The resurrection pulled the world of the Spirit—at least in part—into our own world. The resurrection allowed us to live the Spirit-filled lives that became possible at Pentecost. These four events (death, resurrection, ascension and coming of the Holy Spirit) are closely interwoven and, although we can see their individual threads, they should not really be separated too far from each other. The Spirit continues to explode into our lives just as it did with the earliest disciples, transforming us, helping us to be the people that God wants us to be, groaning with us with sounds that reach deep into the heart of God and drawing us more fully into this risen existence." Gooder, P. (2015). This Risen Existence: The Spirit of Easter (p. 125). Minneapolis, MN: Fortress Press.Page 125This Risen Existence: The Spirit of EasterOne of the great values of Luke’s account of the death, resurrection and ascension of Jesus and the coming of the Holy Spirit is that he splits them down and enables us to look at each one in turn. As we do so we appreciate the significance of each of these events. The problem of doing this is that it implies that they are four separate events, unconnected with each other. The value of exploring the Spirit through eyes other than just Luke’s is that it allows us to put the