Welcome to Faithlife Giving!
Thank you for using Faithlife Giving!
To get started, simply follow these three steps:
- Visit giving.faithlife.com and select your church or ministry
- Fill in the details about your organization’s contact and financial information.
- Share the donation form with your congregants.
After you’ve finished setting up Faithlife Giving, you are ready to accept gifts on your church’s Faithlife page.
If any issues come up, post them to this group. Not only will our team help you personally, but we’ll use your feedback to keep fine-tuning Faithlife Giving.
Our goal is to make this tool a blessing to your congregation and many others, and your suggestions will help us greatly.
Thank you again for partnering with us,
The Faithlife Giving Team
- See screenshot. I'm testing things out. I've done 3 gifts, one manual and 2 online. Notice the date range ("This Year") and the strange labels along the x-axis. Can that be changed?
- I had a giver contact me and said she tried three times to give, but failed each time. Is there a way of discovering why? She told me the info was the same as a prior gift she had given. Thanks.
- Any ideas on why the gift type is not populating currently? Thanks.
- RE: RECURRING GIVERS. I have noted this before (two months ago), but I want you to know how important it is. I am running blind. I have no idea who are "recurring givers." Unless I am missing something, the only way to tell is to manually click on each gift (not good). A field for this really needs to be added immediately. As more givers give the stats are becoming cumbersome. This is probably going to be a deal breaker for me continuing with Faithlife. Please pass this up the chain. Thanks!
- I was looking at the end of year statement feature, thinking ahead to sending our givers an EOY statement for their taxes and it appears the report is lacking. We need to be able to include a tax ID number and the ability to change the text on the report (like adding our address, phone number, etc). There needs to be a way to print the reports all at once without having to scroll through each giver individually and downloading. I am hoping you will be able to improve the reporting aspects of the service before the end of the year. I'll keep using the service this year, but may have to change in 2020. At this point I could not recommend Faithlife Giving to another church. I am not being critical, just relating the facts of how bad the service really is for us on this end; very difficult and inefficient for us to use on our end in many ways.
- Hi Pastor Roger there is no requirement to include your tax ID federally on the statement, is that a requirement in your state? Federal Tax receipt requirements are as follows: 1. Name of the Non Profit and Name of the Donor 2. Date of the Contribution 3. Detailed Description of the Property Donated (If Applicable) 4. Amount of the Contribution 5. A Statement Regarding Whether or not Any Goods or Services were Provided in Exchange for the Contribution 6. The Value of the Goods or Services Provided by the Non Profit to the Donor and a Statement Indicating the Tax Deduction may be Limited (If Applicable) I agree with you on being able to generate all statements at once and I have voiced that to the development team. Initially we only offered online giving, and no way to record manual transactions, so all givers would automatically receive a tax receipt at the end of the year to the email address they used to give the gifts. As Myke Harbuck said we have been making updates and Improvements to the products. Those improvements are based on customer feedback exactly like you have provided, so thank you. We appreciate all of the feedback we receive, because we know the only way to improve is to take that feedback as it was intended, constructively, and iterate.
- While it may not be required, some donors want it. The ability for us to be able to do whatever we want with that statement would be helpful. I like deciding for myself how I want a statement to go out. Thanks for your work.
- I believe this has been mentioned before, but it would be wonderful to be able to "hide" inactive givers on the Givers page. Thanks.
- I am not receiving any notifications (as Admin) when donors submit a gift. To test it, I sent a gift to our church. I received an email thank you acknowledgement for sending the gift, but I did not receive an email to Admin stating that the gift had been given. It appears that all my notification are set as "on".
- Thanks for the feedback Pastor Roger This is actually on our roadmap and we plan to implement this in the future. The plan is to notify the finance team when a new giver submits a gift, monthly/yearly summaries and etc. (more info to come and more features to be added) Stay tuned!
- Matt Mattox (Faithlife) Might I suggest that reports and notifications be OUTSIDE of the FL notifications, so we can have reports directed to people irrespective of their FL notification settings. I’d like to be able to access a setting where I can just plug in some emails and they get the reports, even if they don’t use FL. I like the Giving product, but we aren’t using it now because our treasurer doesn’t think a FL account should be necessary to see who has given. If we can just some reports outside of the FL ecosystem, that would be wonderful! Thanks.
- On the "Gifts" screen, it would be helpful to have a field for "recurring" or "one-time" gifts, in order to see them at a glance. As far as I can tell, we have to click on each giver, one by one, to see if their gift is recurring or one-time. Thanks.
- Is it possible to delete a duplicate giver?
- It would be helpful to be able to add a note or comment on the giver "receipt". Also, on the "statement" is it possible for you to add a column to indicate which 'fund'? Thanks!
- Hi Pastor Roger, are you wanting to add a custom message to the giver receipt? If so and it is the same message on each receipt we can accommodate that request today! Please let me know what message you'd like included and we will get that added to your receipts. To clarify, you'd like the fund name added to the giving statements?
- Okay, cool. I will PM you with the message. And yes, the fund does not seem to appear on the giving statement...but I could be wrong :) .