- OMS Japanese Christian Church hosting the 2019 General Assembly of the OMS Holiness Church of North America, I saw fit to preview a Proposal for a new ID tag design with a scaled-down "sign" cross-tower, over a tile from Conference HQ that I envision done as a repeated hologram against potential forgery. The form text is as follows: ORIENTAL MISSIONARY SOCIETY - HOLINESS CHURCH OF NORTH AMERICA 東 洋 宣 教 協 会 北 米 新 生 教 派 (Cross-tower w/vertical "和 系 油 童 教 會" and horizontal "JAPANESE CHRISTIAN CHURCH") 1955 GEARY ROAD - WALNUT CREEK 3, CA 94597-2550 USA (telephone) ENGLISH (925) 944-5252 / 日本語 (925) 944-3408 (en-US) https://www.jccwc.com/ - (ja-JP) http://jccwc.net/ I also re-typed my personal overlay for OMS Japanese Christian to reflect revised assignments.
- I also tweaked the pronunciation in part of the Hurigana for "和 系 油 童 教 會," as the Koine for "anointees" (plural of χριστος "anointee") is spelled Χριστία - the closest On is キリス チタ kirisu tia (kirisu chia by the Hepburn method). The resulting Hurigana composite is ワ ケイ キリス チタ キョー カイ wa kei kirisu tia kyou kai.
- Adam Borries (Faithlife) Matt Mattox (Faithlife) Jeremiah Doyle (Faithlife) Phil Gons David Groh (Faithlife) 1. Can you tell me the top 20 or so Faithlife pages. I'm looking for more pages to join/subscribe so I can have more content in my feed, but can't find any more. Thought you all would know which are most active that you could recommend. 2. How do I tag someone when there are multiple people with the same first name? For example, I wanted to tag @Justin (Faithlife), but he isnt one of the 4 suggestions that pops up, and as soon as I type the space after his name, all suggestions go away. Thanks!
- Hi, Myke, I'm not sure about the "top" groups, but here are a few of my personal favorites: Content: https://faithlife.com/wipf-and-stock/activity https://faithlife.com/visual-bible-commentary-corner/activity https://faithlife.com/faithlifetoday/activity Logos help/ tips: https://faithlife.com/mpseminars/activity https://faithlife.com/logos-search/activity https://faithlife.com/logos-collections/activity https://faithlife.com/logos-library-theology-denomination-tags/activity https://faithlife.com/logos-visual-filters https://faithlife.com/logos-sample-documents/activity
- Can we change the currency in the "for sale" posts. Specifically we need UK pound sterling
- Can you guess what the 7 reasons are? With our free guide, experience the freedom of focusing on your ministry with an online giving solution that’s simple for donors and a breeze to manage.Free Guide: 7 Reasons Passing the Plate Is Losing to Mobile Giving - FaithlifeYour members use their phones for nearly everything, even their finances. Learn how mobile giving can make more ministry possible at your church.faithlife.com
- Hello Faithlife family! You can now nominate your church admin for Faithlife's second annual Church Admin Giveaway! We will select one person to win a trip for two to Museum of the Bible in Washington, D.C. If you are an admin, you can nominate yourself. 😃 http://bit.ly/2Ky0M4K P.S. Here is an easy way to spread the word! Simply share this FB post with your friends: http://bit.ly/2YQOihFChurch Admin Giveaway 2019Church administrators are critical to every congregation, providing shape and structure so that ministry can flourish. To honor your faithful ministry,...www.facebook.com
- New feature alert! Did you know in Faithlife TV you can now add any movie or episode to the your watchlist?Christian Movies, TV Shows, Documentaries & more | Faithlife TVWatch thousands of hours of edifying and entertaining movies, shows, and biblical teaching. Start your 14-day free trial of Faithlife TV Plus.faithlifetv.com
- When creating a recurring calendar event on our church group, why does the date not roll over as the events occur? In the activity feed, the date is always the original start date, not the actual date of the event. Any ideas? Other than manually entering each event?
- Hey Melissa Van Ness Sorry for the delay in a reply as we are currently investigating. Unfortunately, I can't view your calendar events unless I am in the group. Can you send firstname.lastname@example.org an invite to your church group (New Beginngs Group) and make me an admin.
- Invite sent...I'm also having issues with the app. Some members can see the groups, but others can't. One member who I invited as a follower has admin capabilities which were not granted...
- Could I get some recommendations on groups or pages to follow? Some ministries or organizations or groups that actively post new content? Thank you for any suggestions.
- l know what you mean, Myke. I think part of the reason is that the core mission of FL seems to be small church-based groups. Even so, I would think that much of what most church attenders do on other platforms (which shall remain nameless) could be done just as well on FL without all the negative aspects, but with scripture and other faith-building things close at hand. If you get any brainstorms about how to improve the traffic, let me know.
- Hey, thanks Andrew!
- This morning Faithlife kicked off the 2019 Hackathon challenge. The interns form teams and have 48 hours to code a new project. At the end of the 48 hours, 5 judges will vote and awards will be given out for three categories: Shipping, Awesomeness, and People's Choice. Let's cheer them on!
What’s New at Faithlife
In this newsletter, you’ll find information on some unique areas we are focusing our efforts to increase biblical literacy, as well as some new ways we are equipping the Church.
We want to do everything we can to support you, whether you are a seminary student, a homeschool parent, a pastor, or you just want to learn how to study the Bible better—because we believe the future of the Church depends on it.
Plus, we’ll let you in on some exciting things happening inside Faithlife.
Keep reading to learn more, and thanks for being with us!
– Bob Pritchett
For steady updates and special offers from Faithlife, follow us at Faithlife.com.
Helping You Read, Learn, and Grow
4 areas we’re helping to increase biblical literacy
Equipping seminary students and faculty
We’re helping seminaries prepare students for a lifetime of ministry by equipping them with Logos. With Faithlife’s Academic Discount, students (and faculty and staff) save on time-saving research tools, academic resources, and textbooks throughout their time in seminary. Students can get Logos Academic Basic for free to decide if it’s the right tool for them.
Providing biblical education
For people who love learning but can’t go to seminary, Logos Mobile Ed Certificate Programs are a great option—and we released nine new options this spring. Each includes a selection of Mobile Ed Courses focused on one biblical study topic or key area of ministry, all taught by some of the most esteemed scholars in Christian academia.
Serving the Messianic Jewish community
Messianic Judaism is rapidly growing in the United States and in other nations, like North and South America, Europe, and Israel. To better serve this community, we’ve created new Messianic Jewish packages.
Supporting homeschooling families
Faithife was at the recent Teach Them Diligently homeschool convention, and for a short time offered a free Logos Homeschool Bundle. Homeschoolers can still download Logos 8 Basic for free. Faithlife TV was also at the recent Washington State Homeschool conference.
Join the Homeschool Families group on Faithlife to learn and gain support from other homeschooling families.
Helping You Help the Church
Helping churches create beautiful presentations
Faithlife recently shipped The Proclaim Guide to Beautiful Church Presentations to 9,500 churches in the United States. Written for people with zero design experience, it teaches the basics of design for churches—everything from choosing colors to laying out slides to taking good photos. Stay tuned for how you can get a copy.
In Your Community
Creating partnerships with churches
We recently announced a partnership with the Church of God, Anderson, IN movement (ChOG) at the Church of God convention. The event was livestreamed, and over 400 people tuned in—including congregants as far away as Guam!
ChOG is sending 55 churches in 7 regions through a pilot program with Faithlife Equip. Anyone who is part of the Church of God can join the Church of God Global Movement group by going to FL.VU/CHOG. In addition to uniting with other ChOG pastors and congregants in the Global Movement group on Faithlife, churches can create a Faithlife group specifically for their individual church. The global group enables worldwide unity while the local group helps churches solve their unique technology problems. Learn about one church’s experience here.
The Faithlife team at the Church of God Convention in Orlando, Florida—where Bob publicly announced our partnership with the movement and the official release of our latest product, Faithlife Equip.
Assemblies of God General Council, July 31–August 1
Faithlife will also be at the Assemblies of God General Council announcing something exciting! If you’re attending, be on the lookout for the Faithlife team.
Free guides for churches
Comparably Award for Q2 2019
Out of thousands of US companies, Faithlife won the Comparably Award for Q2 2019 for Best Leadership Teams!
New Lexham book
In Hearers & Doers, Kevin Vanhoozer makes the case that pastors, as pastor-theologians, ought to interpret Scripture theologically, then take responsibility to deliver it to their communities.
Your Feedback Matters
Our goal is to build products that help you grow in the light of the Bible and give you back time to do what you do best: ministry. We’re hearing you like what you see—but we want to know how we can serve you better.
Follow Faithlife.com today, and let us know what kinds of products and tools will help you grow in the light of the Bible.
- So delighted to see how God is working through Faithlife!!
- The Messianic outreach is of particular excitement for me, as I'm planning on a center-projector contingency for 8:3 ideal / 21:9 practical aspect ratio for original-language text; still have to investigate whether Quelea can do the job. Proclaim is ideal for follow-along in the congregation's language(s).