- ReadDrive-in Service Only
Hello Goshen Family,
Please help to spread the word...
Sorry for the late notice. The deacons and I have decided to revert to drive-in services for the next two weeks. Cases of COVID are on the rise across the nation as well as in our area. In fact, several churches in Forsyth and Cherokee counties closed mid-week during their revival services due to outbreaks of COVID.
This was not an easy decision. To be honest, I am not certain of the right decisions, if there are any during these times. We are doing the best we can in light of the information available to us at the moment. I would ask that you remain patient with me and the deacons.
We have a long road ahead of us. The responsibility to participate in worship and Bible study falls upon each of us individually. Pray, read, and study.
Please continue to pray for the future of our Goshen family!
P.S. - We can endure all things through Christ who strengthens us!!
- ReadHolbrook Camp MeetingJuly 10-19
Hello Goshen Family,
I wanted to let you know that I will be assisting in the Holbrook Camp Meeting. I will be preaching:
- Saturday, 11th - 11am & 8pm
- Monday, 13th - 11am & 8pm
- Wednesday, 15th - 11am & 8pm
- Friday, 17th - 11am & 8pm
- Sunday, 19th - 11am only
All are welcome to attend. They have an open pavilion and space to spread out (or social distance) around the pavilion. Be sure to bring a chair. I will be at Goshen this Sunday, 12th. Rubin Smith will preaching at Goshen Sunday, 19th. God bless!
- ReadSunday's Service @ 10 am6/21/2020
Hello Goshen Family,
We are ready to get back to normal worship but we are taking baby steps. Please read the following regarding our service this coming Sunday.
Here is some information for our service on Sunday:
- Service will be held in the gym
- Service will begin at 10am
- Worship service only (no nursery or children's church)
- Drive-in broadcast will continue for those who wish to remain in their cars
- We will record the sermon and post it online
CAUTION: Here are some things to keep in mind during the service
- Please maintain social distancing inside the gym
- Be courteous to others
- Wash hands before leaving the bathrooms
- Try not to shake hands
- Mask are not required, but feel free to wear them
- Don't enter the building if you have a fever or any symptoms
- If you are over the age of 65 or have underlying health issues, please understand the risks before deciding about attending in person
- IMPORTANT - There was an incident last week in a church near our area. An individual tested positive for COVID-19 who attended their service. Everyone in the service was contacted and asked to shelter in place for 2 weeks. Please consider the risks of entering the worship service for yourselves and the people around you.
- ReadSam's Obituary
William Samuel Simpson, 79, of Waleska, GA went to be with the Lord on June 1, 2020.
Sam was born in Smyrna, GA the son of the late Emory Madison Spear Simpson and the late Carrie Lee Payne Simpson. Sam was a plumber by trade. He was an avid hunter, fisherman and enjoyed the outdoors including gardening. He was a loving husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather, and a faithful Christian.
In addition to his parents, Sam was preceded in death by one brother, Roger Simpson; three sisters, Caroline Simpson, Patricia Freeman, and Ann Gunter.
He is survived by his loving wife Carol Page Simpson; one son, Emory Samuel Simpson (wife Julie), of Oxford, NC; two daughters, Renee Singley (husband Tony) of Dallas GA, Carrie Amanda Simpson of Orange Park FL; five grandchildren, Lisa Peoples, Chance Leonard, Caleb Leonard, Emsley Leonard, Andrew Fair; four great-grandchildren, Aiden Richardson, Ava Richardson, Clayton Leonard, Carter Leonard.
Due to the healthcare crisis our nation is facing, the family will hold a private burial service.
The family asks that in lieu of flowers, donations be made in Sam’s memory to the Pleasant Hill Baptist Church 7245 Warwoman Rd. Clayton, GA 30525.
Beck Funeral Home, in Clayton, Georgia, is in charge of the arrangements. If there are any questions, please call 706-782-9599. An online Memorial Register Book is available at www.beckfuneralhome.com.