Church • Hilo, HI • 23 members • 6 followers
About this group
Glad Tidings Church HiloFollow
- Congratulations to Chaplain Mike Sidman in Mike being Licensed last night. Equal congratulations to wife Shirley partnering with Mike in life and ministry. Also, to their Ohana. Welcome to the AOG Hawaii district Ohana!Mike Sidman Licensing Oct 2020AOG Hawaii District Council 2020faithlifetv.com
- We are happy to be having our Sunday 8:30 am Service. At 10 am we will be having ZOOM Fellowship for those who view our Podcast throughout the week. Also for those uncomfortable with attending public meetings.
- God desires to give all of us a story worth talking about. In this lesson we learn the best thing is to allow Jesus to begin giving us that story worth talking about right now. Where ever we are, is a great place to start.Telll Your Story Part 2 Start Where You AreWatch "Telll Your Story Part 2 Start Where You Are" on Faithlife TV, the premier video library for everyone—students, kids, families, and Bible enthusiasts.faithlifetv.com
- Five distinctive truths are shared in this lesson revealing Jesus as the one who can lead us into better situations even in difficult and trying times. He really does have our best interest at heart.Knowing Jesus For Who He Really Is.Five distinctive truths are shared in this lesson revealing Jesus as the one who can lead us into better situations even in difficult and trying times. He really does have our best interest at heart.faithlifetv.com
- Aloha Everyone, Enjoy this weeks 24/7 Podcast entitled: " Understanding God's Reboot in 2020". From early in 2020 we entered into a totally different type of year. It has been 7 months since the first coronavirus report from China. Since then society has struggled to reboot once again. Pastor Dan explains the purpose of a reboot. God has intentions for a reboot that does not involve the consultation of our approval.Faithnvision6finalUnderstanding God's Reboot for 2020faithlifetv.com
- Honor everyone. Love the brothers and sisters. Fear God. Honor the king. -1 Peter 2:17
- Psalm 20:7 Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.
- Amen, that is the memory verse we've been teaching this month in our Experiencing God class in NY. Mahalo for the affirmation!
- "A King's heart is like channeled water in the Lord's hand: He directs it wherever he chooses". -Proverbs 21: 1. CSB "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord-the people to be his own possession" -Psalm 33:12
- "Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved." -Psalm 55:22
- Father we bow before You . . . in my spirit I can feel overwhelmed as though darkness has descended on our beloved nation… as though we are living in a moral and spiritual twilight zone. The fog has come in and I am praying dear Holy Spirit, that You would breathe Your breath through the fog, and that You would clear it away as we pray. Clear away the deception – the mesmerizing spirits – Lord show us the Truth. Show us what is really going on. I pray, Lord, that You see each of us one by one. And so I pray for those who are wrestling with this dreadful disease – who have dealt with death. . . for those who are wrestling with disasters –whose homes have been destroyed, whose businesses have been destroyed, whose crops have been destroyed. Lord, on top of that there are so many things coming at us from every direction and from every angle and every level. Just chaos and confusion. It is overwhelming. I believe, Lord, that You allowed this pandemic to put us – the whole world — on a Sabbath rest. You are trying to get our attention. It is time to look up – it is time to turn to You. And who are You? We bow before You and acknowledge that You are the Living God, You are the Creator of the heavens and earth. You spoke a word, and all of the world came into existence. You hung the stars in space, and You call them all by name. You stride the winds of the earth; the clouds are the dust of Your feet. You are Almighty. You are awesome. You are righteous. You are holy. You are glorious. And, oh God, wonder of wonders, You loved us so much that You got up from heaven’s throne; You left Your throne and You came down, and You dwelt among us so that we might see You and know You and hear You. We praise You for the Son of God, not God Junior, but Jesus who is God in the flesh, whose love for You and love for each of us sent Him all the way to die in obedience on the cross and shed His blood as the Lamb of God, sacrificed to make atonement for my sin and the sin of the world. That when we would place our faith in Him, we would not perish – we would not be separated from You. We would not go to hell, but we would have everlasting life — a right relationship with You now and go to heaven when we die. Thank you that after His death on the cross He rose up from the dead. He ascended into heaven – He has opened heaven for us. So we look to You, Lord – we turn to You now, and we are reminded that You are a God of Your Word. Your Word is forever settled in heaven. You have said so, and Jesus said not one jot or tittle will pass away until all is fulfilled. Lord God, You are true, You are trustworthy. Your Word stands. And we believe, as 2 Chronicles 7:13-14 says. . . When you send a pestilence among us.. if Your people called by Your name would humble ourselves and we would pray and we would seek Your face and we would turn from all the wrong things we are doing. Oh God that we would repent and stop it – stop our sin – that You would hear and that You would forgive and that You would heal. So Lord God I want to confess our national sins, and I pray now as we confess . . . … our national addiction to sex, to money, to pleasure, to entertainment, to pornography, to technology, to drugs, to alcohol, to food, to television, to popularity, to ourselves. Oh God, we repent and we confess our foolishness in denying You as the one true living God, our Creator to whom we are accountable… living as though our lives are a cosmic accident with no eternal significance, purpose or meaning. We repent. … our greed that has run up trillions of dollars of national debt. We repent. … our arrogance and pride that has led us to think we are sufficient in ourselves or that we are better than someone else or we are inferior to somebody else based on our skin color. We repent. … believing that our nation’s prosperity comes from our own greatness while refusing to acknowledge that all blessing comes from Your hand. We repent. … that we depend on military might and our weapons systems to protect us from harm and danger while we defy and ignore You. We repent. …that we have succumbed to the pressure of pluralism in our desire to be inclusive, honoring other gods as though You are just one of many. We repent. …that we have allowed material blessings that You have given us to deceive us into thinking we do not need You. We confess that we have valued our foolish pursuit of happiness through wealth and prosperity rather than measuring our relationship with You. We repent. … that we have marginalized truth and mainstreamed lies. We repent. … that we have become one nation under many gods, divided, polarized with license to sin and justice that no longer follows the rule of law. We repent. Oh God, we could keep on confessing and confessing – and we are so sorry, and we turn away from our sin. We ask please, Holy Spirit, that You would convict us of our sin; personal sins, national sins – convict us and bring us to the foot of the cross, confessing our need of a Savior who shed His blood to forgive us. We thank You that You are righteous, and that Your cross states for all time that there will be judgment for sin. You do not tolerate sin. At the same time You are so gracious and merciful that You stepped in and took the judgment for us that should have been ours. So God, we bow before You as a righteous God who is gracious and kind and merciful, and we claim now Your Word that says if we confess our sin, if we turn to You, humble ourselves, pray, turn away from our sin – then You would hear our prayer and forgive our sin and heal our land. So we hold You to Your Word. Would You hear us? Would You forgive us? Would you heal us? Oh God, for the glory of Your name. And I want to conclude, Lord, by thanking You for a president who would see the necessity of calling our nation to fall on our knees and pray. Thank You for President Trump. I pray your blessing on him and his family. We ask that within their hearts there would be peace, there would be an awareness of Your presence and that You would surround them with people who will give them wise counsel. Give them strength and energy and bless them as a family unit – that no division would come between family members…that they would support and encourage each other. I pray for the Vice President and for those in the Cabinet…all those who are our leaders, Lord God. This prayer is from Anne Graham Lotts at a Prayer call to the Nation: This is a prayer from Anne Graham Lotts at a Prayer call to the Nation last Sunday: This is a time to turn to You from the top right on down to the grassroots. We hold You to Your Word. So we turn to You. We look to You. We thank You that when we do, You turn to us. Lord God, would You hear our prayer? Would You forgive our sin? Would You heal our land for the glory of Your great name? The Name that is above every name, the Name that one day every knee will bow before and every tongue will confess that You, Lord Jesus, are Lord of Lords, King of Kings, Savior, Redeemer, Yeshua, Lion of Judah, Lamb of God. You are our God, the God of our fathers, and we bow before You now claiming Your Word. In Jesus Name and for Your glory. Amen.
- "FIRE PREVENTION" Show mercy to those whose faith is wavering. Rescue others by snatching them from the flames of judgement. Jude : 22-23