- Holland Baptist Church published a newsletterReadHolland MessengerHe hath made everything beautiful is his time
To every thing there is a season
Spring has arrived in south central Kentucky and with it the rebirth of “our” world. Daffodils have already bloomed. Fruit trees and many ornamental s are in full bloom. Red buds are showing color and the beginning of the “little winters” are upon us! We get in a hurry to get our gardens and flowers planted! Solomon tells us in Eccl. 3:1-2, “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born and a time to die; a time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted” (KJV). Let us not be impatient. By staying with the Lord’s timetable our rewards will be worth the labor for verse 11 tells us “He hath made everything beautiful in his time.” Let us remember to spend our time wisely and be about the Lord’s work!
- Holland Baptist Church published a newsletterReadHolland MessengerA loving and friendly church
Daylight Savings time has arrived. We are told we will have time to do more as sunset will be later each day. Never figured that out, as there are only 24hrs in any given day. The birds still get up at dawn and go to bed at sunset. God gave them an internal clock. No one tells them to Spring forward or Fall back and they seem to do just fine. Let us remember to spend our time wisely and be about the Lord’s work!
- And the mean man shall be brought down, and the mighty man shall be humbled, and the eyes of the lofty shall be humbled: But the Lord of hosts shall be exalted in judgment, and God that is holy shall be sanctified in righteousness. Isaiah 5:15-16
- The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. John 1:7
- Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! Psalm 107:8
- After that he poureth water into a basin, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded. John 13:5