Introductory Grammar Vocabulary Lists
General • 5 members • 2491 followers
About this group
- What is the program that you use to learn vocabulary lists?
- Logos had deprecated their flashcard app, so you cannot acquire it from the AppStore, but you might try How to Import Word Lists Into Anki https://community.logos.com/forums/t/213855.aspx
- Is there a way to build a list in Excel or Word and then import as a Word List?
- There used to be an import functionality for Wordlists, but I think this was turned off some time ago. It always was a bit tricky - I used to have a little import tool in Excel years ago. I'll try to experiment with what I did back then and come back, should I find a way.
- Ahh that sucks. I know for the Greek and Hebrew when I import a list of lemmas from something like Excel, then Logos will automatically populate the audio, gloss and card front fields for me. But for Ugaritic lemmas...you might be out of luck for now. If it helps, an alternative to physical flashcards is a free open source program called Anki. It's what I use at the moment while learning Greek and highly recommend it. https://apps.ankiweb.net/
- How do I become a member in this & other groups? I'm watching some tutorial videos & it's showing me how to download wordlists from this group, but there's no option to join..
- Does anyone have a list for Merkle & Plummer’s Beginning With New Testament Greek?
- Someone should definitely make that - I haven't seen it yet as a Logos WordList document, but the list is available as a word document here: https://www.bhacademic.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Vocabulary-BNTG.docx
- I'm very slowly working on this... I'm in Merkle's class now, so it might take me a good while. https://flshare.net/b42wy8
- What is the process for making our own wordlists based on the grammars we have?
- Anyone have a Vocab list for Miles Van Pelt's Basics of Biblical Aramaic (Zondervan 2011)?
- I recommend buying an App called BIBLE VOCAB which is available on both Android and iOS. This App not only gives you the list but also train you to memorize words real quickly by their given methods in the App. Really a great App. It gives a free version too but that does not have the right functionality. It has the most popular grammar book word list and also allows you to make your own list from anywhere in the Scripture, either Greek or Hebrew!
- Hi, guys! Does anyone have a Logos word list document for Robert E. Van Voorst, Building Your New Testament Greek Vocabulary, 3rd. ed (Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 1990)?
- https://documents.logos.com/documents/f76ac081cddd4b6dba62da2aa495841b is publicly shared, although I do not know which version or how complete.
- Thanks, Kevin. That one I have. Unfortunately, it is incomplete.
- This is awesome, Thank you for developing these lists it exactly what I've been searching for. Is there a way to get the expanded list from Van Pelt for Hebrew and Mounce for Greek? I'm also looking for Van Pelt's "Basics of Biblical Aramaic" and Michael Williams' "Basics of Ancient Ugaritic."
- by expanded I mean the frequency list in “complete vocabulary guide to the Greek New Testament” and “the vocabulary guide to Biblical Hebrew and Aramaic.” I’ll check the link you sent to see if they’re there.
- I found the Greek and Hebrew list in logos Flashcards app. I am still looking for a “basics of Biblical Aramaic” and “basics of ancient ugaritic.” Do you know if they’re available somewhere else that works with logos or is there a way I can create them?
- Good to hear about the Greek & Hebrew! Unfortunately I can't tell about Aramaic and Ugaritic - maybe someone else has info or can share what they've built
- Is it possible to get the greek alphabet into the flashcards app? I would love to be able to use it for getting the greek alphabet down.
- Yes, sure. I made one several years ago: https://documents.logos.com//documents/b695d517d5754b8e847dfe06e10931f7 - It is shared with the Logos FlashCards App group.
- Thanks again NB!
- does anyone have one for the Hebrew alphabet?