Senior Backend Software Developer
Faithlife is a tech company committed to the Church. We build the world’s premier Bible study software, along with an entire line of resources for Christian living: Faithlife.com (an online community that connects Christians from all around the world), Faithlife Proclaim (a cloud-based church presentation tool), Faithlife TV (video streaming service), the Faithlife Study Bible (the world’s most advanced study Bible), and more.
The Platform Engineering Team is building services at the foundation of these products. We’re looking for an experienced backend engineer with the knowledge and skills to help build secure, reliable, and fast web services. As a member of the team, you'll share responsibility for 24/7 uptime across a range of services including authentication, account services, device registration, payment processing, order fulfillment, subscriptions, product licensing, analytics data warehousing, and many more. Individually, you’ll be responsible for the specification, development, test, deployment, and maintenance of new features and services in support of the next generation of products on the cutting edge of church tech.
What we are looking for
- Experience with a strongly typed object-oriented coding language
- Expertise in: microservices, JSON and REST web APIs, scalability, debugging, C#/.NET, server automation, or database technologies
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & standard methodologies for the full software development process, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations principles
- Able to take complete ownership over a bug, feature, or entire project and drive it to completion
- History of providing positive technical leadership, either formally or through peer level influence
- Ability to uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design
Ideal candidates will have experience with
- Backend experience with RDBMS, messaging and queuing systems, batch and scheduled tasks
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Strong sense of customer empathy and desire to influence the product direction
- Demonstrated continued growth and the ability to adapt to new environments and technologies, as we always seek to further our infrastructure and products
This is a full-time position. Please email your résumé, GitHub profile, StackOverflow profile and other contact information to email@example.com.