Academic Sales Account Executive
Faithlife’s mission is to use technology to equip the Church to grow in the light of the Bible. The company is unique because it delivers integrated value to its customers via its proprietary and leading edge software tools, community collaboration and rich digital content. Faithlife’s solutions portfolio connects users to the Word and to their communities.
The company launched its core product, Logos Bible Software, in 1992 to facilitate Christian Bible study for prosumers (pastors, scholars and thought leaders). The company is profitable with over 400,000 customers and a track record of successful product launches. In recent years the company has begun to diversify its offering to incorporate more multi-media content and new SaaS and mobile applications for churches and consumers.
Attractive Vertical Market
The Christian market is underserved by the traditional providers of content and collaboration tools. Comprised of 6 million prosumers, 3 million churches and over 2 billion consumers, these faith-oriented users require tailored functionality, selective content and secure communications. Today, users must find appropriate content and then piece together a conversation and workflows among their community which is laborious and ineffective.
Faithlife’s strategy is to fulfill these market needs and become the platform provider.
Differentiated Value Proposition
Faithlife products make life simpler and more convenient while providing education across the devices that users love to use. The company’s products save time for users while simultaneously providing deeper content and connecting people. Its integrated suite of software and rich content enables a pastor, teacher or church leader to easily search extensive libraries, develop insight, and share it with their community. Beyond their extraordinary effectiveness, Faithlife products are interesting, fun and engaging with embedded communications that create a networking effect across every type of user.
All of Faithlife’s products and services are backed by its purpose-built technology platform. The platform efficiently delivers enriched content to any device and securely integrates all of the user’s activities through the cloud.
Faithlife is focused on becoming the premier platform serving the Christian market across multiple customer segments, products and digital content categories. As a result, it is seeking new leaders to join the team and take the company to the next level of growth, capability and market positon.
The Academic Sales Account Executive is a key member of the Faithlife Academic Sales team, reporting directly to the Director of Academic Solutions. This individual will be responsible for driving sales and closing multi-year volume license agreements with academic institutions including Seminaries, Bible Colleges and Universities.
Direct Reporting to: Director of Academic Solutions
- Drive effective communication of the Faithlife academic value proposition to senior academic business decision makers and key influencers in higher education accounts
- Continuously build, drive and grow a sales pipeline to achieve sales results of 100% or more of assigned sales revenue quote
- Negotiate and close multi-year customer contracts with total contract values up to $1 million and above
- Create reference-able customers and drive the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Deliver timely and accurate revenue forecasts and account plans for assigned territory and accounts
- Ensure that users are highly engaged with the software, and that follow up sales can occur with the institution and with the individuals post graduation
- Ensure contracts are profitable and also attractive to customers
- Prior sales experience with a track record of exceeding revenue targets
- Prior experience with the use of technology in education and/or ministry
- Strong business acumen and passion for technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build executive level relationships across the customer organization
- Strong analytic and financial skills
- Demonstrated quantitative skills
- Degree in business and/or biblical or theological studies preferred
- Skill using Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel for building custom products and proposals
This is a full-time position.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send by mail to:
Attn: Jobs—Academic Sales Account Executive
1313 Commercial Street
Bellingham, WA 98225-4307