Contributing Editor for Mobile Education
Faithlife is seeking a full-time Contributing Editor to join our Mobile Education department.
Contributing Editors help turn Mobile Ed transcripts into an interactive learning experience. They enhance them by structuring the content with headings and subheadings, writing learning objectives, adding links to relevant books and tools in Logos Bible Software, and writing multiple choice exams.
- Helping to enhance courses for Mobile Ed
- Fact checking content for Mobile Ed
- Writing multiple choice exams to help students assess their learning
- Proving paths for further learning with links to relevant books and Logos tools
- Working with other editors to develop styles and new types of Mobile Ed courses
The ideal candidate
- Has two years of Biblical Hebrew course work
- Has two years of Koine or Classical Greek course work
- Has experience teaching or developing course curriculum
- Loves grammar
- Is succinct
- Has stopped reading poorly edited books
- Is professional when correcting someone else’s writing
- Prefers simple over complex writing
- Enjoys editing something due in one hour
- Finds writing style guides amusing
- Finds the Chicago Manual of Style fascinating
- Is in a graduate level program in Biblical or Theological Studies or has completed one
Faithlife is a tech company committed to the Church. We build the world’s premier Bible study software, along with an entire line of resources for Christian living: Faithlife.com (an online community that connects Christians from all around the world), Proclaim (a cloud-based church presentation tool), Faithlife TV (video streaming service), the Faithlife Study Bible (the world’s most advanced study Bible), and more.
The Company is frequently nominated for various ‘Best Places to Work’ awards and strives to give its employees an awesome and fulfilling work experience in a casual, yet fast-paced work environment. In addition to competitive compensation and benefits, Faithlife offers many unique benefits like flexible vacation scheduling, free espresso and soda, and an outdoor center with a kayak, snowshoes and even a couple of mopeds that employees can borrow!
This is a full-time position located near the water in beautiful downtown Bellingham, Washington. Please note that telecommuting will not be considered.
Please apply with a résume, cover letter, and two 500-word-or-less writing samples.