Motion Design Director
Faithlife’s mission is to use technology to equip the Church to grow in the light of the Bible. The company is unique because it delivers integrated value to its customers via its proprietary and leading edge software tools, community collaboration and rich digital content. Faithlife’s solutions portfolio connects users to the Word and to their communities.
The company launched its core product, Logos Bible Software, in 1992 to facilitate Christian Bible study for prosumers (pastors, scholars and thought leaders). The company is profitable with over 400,000 customers and a track record of successful product launches. In recent years, the company has begun to diversify its offering to incorporate more multi-media content and new SaaS and mobile applications for churches and consumers.
The motion design director at Faithlife leads the charge for all things motion-related, whether marketing videos, film titles, or UI animation. They’re switching hats all day from director, to designer, to team lead, to animator. They are creative problem solvers that use motion graphics to serve Faithlife’s marketing and product efforts, but ultimately they have Faithlife’s customers first in their mind.
Directly reports to the Head of Film and Video.
What we’re looking for
- A motion designer with the experience to direct, design, and animate motion graphic projects at a top industry level
- Very strong design experience
- Ability to lead a team of motion designers
- Confident enough to believe in their ideas, humble enough to truly listen to others
- Should we even mention After Effects? If you’ve never rage tweeted about an After Effects issue, then you might want to look at a different position
- A willingness to relocate
Ideal candidates will have:
- Both 2D and 3D experience, or a strong specialization in great 2D work with the ability to direct 3D work
- Experience with filmmaking or photography technique is a plus
- 7+ years experience in the design, motion, or film industries
- Ability to direct and design UI/UX interaction animation
- Curiosity with the humanities and an interest in learning about obscure things
- Ability to have empathy for people who are very different than themselves
- C4D experience is great
- Coding experience is cool too
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare, dental care, and 401(k). Our employees also enjoy free soda pop, juice, and espresso!
This is a full-time salaried position located in downtown Bellingham, Washington.