Web Channel Manager
Faithlife’s mission is to use technology to equip the Church to grow in the light of the Bible. The company is unique because it delivers integrated value to its customers via its proprietary and leading edge software tools, community collaboration and rich digital content. Faithlife’s solutions portfolio connects users to the Word and to their communities.
The company launched its core product, Logos Bible Software, in 1992 to facilitate Christian Bible study for prosumers (pastors, scholars and thought leaders). The company is profitable with over 400,000 customers and a track record of successful product launches. In recent years, the company has begun to diversify its offering to incorporate more multi-media content and new SaaS and mobile applications for churches and consumers.
The Web Channel Manager will be responsible for ensuring all commerce enabled sites have effective and compelling content experiences. Content by page will be targeted to customer segments defined by product ownership and subscription status, as well as a growing persona dataset. Work will include integrating with promotion, product, design, partner, advertising, sales and customer service teams. channels. It will also include partnering with teams that are focused on development, testing, user experience for the web channel. The Web Channel Manager an expert in digital marketing/advertising process, and understands the benefits current web technologies can bring to an ecommerce business, and who can help define which of those benefits have value for the Faithlife enterprise and warrant investment.
Directly Reporting to: Director of Marketing Operations
- Ensure product introductions are supported with website pages to communicate the benefits of the product, tailored to messaging or persona segments, in a way that best resonates with the Christian market we serve
- Maximize the effectiveness of promotions in the web channel
- Ensure that promotional pages are high quality, on brand, and on time
- Understand how messaging and digital content work across all customer-facing channels, and ensure that the web channel is an integrated touchpoint across all marketing initiatives
- Ensure that pages are equally effective in mobile and desktop environments
- Ensure that content pages needed for site migration are delivered on time
- Work with design and communications teams so web communications are consistent with communications in other channels
- Develop and maintain an ongoing content testing strategy, and a documentation process that allows future work to be informed by the results
- Manage the overall content calendar and content strategy for the web channel, as well as campaign launch deadlines for web channel content
- Be a constant champion of process improvements, partnering with project management and remove internal roadblocks and alleviate pain points
- Thrive in a fast-paced, matrixed environment that values entrepreneurialism and results
- Be a good partner and counselor to a range of strategy, design and production resources to help them make the work even better. Constantly look for ways to evolve the capabilities of the strategy group
- Work closely with the ecommerce operations team to get high value platform and site UX projects on the development roadmap
- 5+ years of working on a digital, interactive, or web channel team
- Experience working on the development of a strategic plan and/or roadmap for the usage of digital interactive channels, as well as execution of that strategy
- Experience in all or parts of a digital channel, preferably a web or .com channel
- Possess broad expertise with content management systems (CMS): The ability to use the Faithlife CMS effectively, be the in house expert for other teams that use CMS systems, be able to identify areas where investment in changes to the Faithlife CMS would result in high ROI for the company
- Possess deep experience of user experience and information architecture, and how both of those areas of expertise need to be infused into site planning and development
- Current knowledge of search engine marketing and search engine optimization practices and the ability to help shape Faithlife strategy for both
- Proven experience integrating with marketing, creative, business and technology teams
This is a full-time position located in downtown Bellingham, Washington. Remote candidates may also be considered.