Author • 5 members • 660 followers
About this group
- Scripture Index on my copy of "Coronavirus and Christ" is full of errors. Thanks for the resource, Gary
- On mine I have not seen many errors and the only thing I have noticed is that some to the scriptures listed by book are not hyperlinked but I have not done an exhaustive review of the index.
- Could you please source the quotation attributed to Winston Churchill given on p. 169? "To every person there comes in their lifetime that special moment when you are figuratively tapped on the shoulder and offered the chance to do a very special thing, unique to you and your talents. What a tragedy if that moment finds you unprepared or unqualified for work which could have been your finest hour." —Winston Churchill Matthew Aaron Perman, John Piper, and Matt Perman, What’s Best next: How the Gospel Transforms the Way You Get Things Done (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2014), 169.What’s Best Next: How the Gospel Transforms the Way You Get Things DoneTo every person there comes in their lifetime that special moment when you are figuratively tapped on the shoulder and offered the chance to do a very special thing, unique to you and your talents. What a tragedy if that moment finds you unprepared or unqualified for work which could have been your finest hour. —Winston Churchill
- How should I understand this?Alive to Wonder: Celebrating the Influence of C. S. LewisAlthough Lewis owned a huge library, he possessed few of his own works. His phenomenal memory recorded almost everything he had read except his own writings—an appealing fault. Often when I quoted lines from his own poems he would ask who the author was. He was a very great scholar, but no expert in the field of C.S. Lewis.5
- Here are some slides I made after listening to this talk on Ask Pastor John. https://www.desiringgod.org/interviews/does-the-bible-say-true-christians-never-sinDoes the Bible Say True Christians Never Sin?In episode 700, Pastor John explains the difficult parts of 1 John 5:18.www.desiringgod.org
- Never miss a free deal! User submitted free books! Follow the group! https://faithlife.com/free-booksFree Faithlife BooksFree Faithlife Ebooks, Logos Bible Software, Verbum, and Noet books and resources.faithlife.com
- Hi John, I have one of your books and follow you on Twitter—what denomination are you affiliated with? Thanks
- Martin Luther and apparently he originally penned 97 but ended up only posting the 95
- please pick one of the following prizes: 1.A lifetime Member ship on my group, 2. A class that I will be teaching about the Psalms PICK THE PRIZE BY NOV 31!!
- Hello Tim, Have you picked? If not please send me, Katelyn a note using logos. I just remembered I will be unavailable most of November... So I am going to move the deadline to pick your prize to tonight to make sure I can start your request by tomorrow. Please respond soon! Love Your Sister In Christ, Katelyn
- John, I understand that Christ "regained his place of glory" through his obedience even to the point of death, and I understand that he purchased his own everlasting joy through his death, but isn't it going too far to say that Christ died for his own everlasting life? In what sense would he have forefeited his own everlasting life had he been disobedient?When I Don’t Desire God: How to Fight for Joy2:8–9). The word “therefore” means that his obedience unto death was the reason God exalted Christ and gave him the glory he had with the Father before creation. He had come to save sinners. When the price was paid, the work was decisively done. “It is finished,” he cried (John 19:30). And God rewarded him with great glory. So in a sense Christ died for his own everlasting life and joy. He had done no sin and so did not need to be saved from guilt. He had none. But the
- “God’s own glory is uppermost in His own affections. In everything He does, His purpose is to preserve and display that glory. . . . He delights in His glory above all things.” —John PiperShared from Logos Bible SoftwareThe Bible, and much more. Biblia is an online Bible study tool with dozens of Bibles for your Bible Study needs. It is a service of Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.fl.vu
- John Stephen Piper has joined the group.