General • 6 members • 21841 followers
About this group
Theological education for where you are. Top scholars, research tools, all in one place.Follow
- I just started the course, Book of Judges OT317. Looking for lectures, insight, etc., on this course. i am new to Lecture Hall. Looks like a great learning forum.
- The Meaning of "Son of Man" Here is another Mobile Ed lecture with a short study from Redemption Seminary. https://redemptionseminary.org/redemption-blog/son-of-man Redemption Seminary is the only seminary that uses Mobile Ed as the primary lecture content for courses. With individual graduate courses as low as $389, Redemption is budget-friendly. Redemption accommodates life schedules by allowing students to work at their own pace and choose their own personal mentors for each course. Redemption's workbook approach avoids disruptive high-stress exams. Students who complete all of the courses in the master's degree program receive a massive Logos digital library (worth far more than the cost of the program tuition) as a graduation gift. For October 2022, Faithlife group followers get a 50% discount on the application fee.The Meaning of "Son of Man" — Redemption SeminaryThe objective of this short study is to learn the significance of Jesus’ favorite title for himself, Son of Man. Dr. Moo provides an explanation the meaning of this phrase in Dan 7 and the significance of Jesus’ application of that vision to Himself. After watching this lecture and working throughredemptionseminary.org
- I am taking the Greek Certificate course. Anyone have any feedback on the course?
- If it is taught by Dr. Schwandt, I took it and it is pretty good. It gives you all the basics you need and has a good vocabulary list to study from. I personally like the videos because I can go back an review any time I need too. My recommendation is follow the outline and get ready to memorize, flash cards help a lot!
- Keep up with the vocab and use a parsing app, it helps a ton
- Blessings on your studies, Roderick!
- Looking back at a Mobile Ed course I edited a few years back and noticed this: "This is as R-rated as it gets. This story is deeply jarring to most of us. Remember, the R-rated nature of this chapter and the R-rated nature of Judges is not because God is R-rated; it’s because people do R-rated things. It’s because of our sin problem." _______ Kenneth C. Way, OT217 Interpreting Judges, Logos Mobile Education (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2016).
- I am working through Spiritual Formations PD201 and it was suggested to read some of the Christian classics. I am wanting to start a collection of Christian classics and was wondering if some folks with more experience with reading them would have some suggestions? I currently have the Platinum library and don't even know all the books I have but am wanting to. Any suggestions for my collection?
- NT176 the gospel message in early church: 1st Assignment I've learned so much already. Im excited because I know theyre going to keep getting better. I learned alot today about how fast Christianity spread after Jesus was crucified and ressurected. Also learned a little geography and history on Macedonia. Yay im excited !
- I have not done that course as yet, However, it seems really interesting. I always found it interesting how Christianity spread once Jesus was crucified. You would think it would spread more when he was alive performing miracles, but it took his death for the gospel to spread. NM
- anyone have an insights on the OT101, so far i have learned quite a bit from the segments 1-4
- In the spirit of Valentine's day, enjoy a free lecture from Logos Mobile Ed CH102 and an associated study from Redemption Seminary. https://redemptionseminary.org/redemption-blog/how-luther-reformed-marriage You can get this course and more than 25 others in Redemption’s massive custom Logos library when you enroll in a master's degree program at Redemption Seminary.How Luther Reformed Marriage — Redemption SeminaryLuther elevated marriage and family life; in one scholar’s words, he “placed the home at the center of the universe.” His teaching and practice were so radical, so long-lasting, some scholars have argued that other than the church “the home was the only sphere of life which the Reformation profoundlredemptionseminary.org
- HB101 post: I have started HB101 course. I am using Logos 9 Silver and there are some "suggested readings" which are locked and I am unable to access it. How can I access them?
- Something also to consider is do you have one or more reading unlocked in a session? If you do that will be good enough, to get the point.
- I stated before that it would be good to clearly see the resources (through dynamic pricing) we do not own when reviewing the course for purchase. This will provide an environment for informed decision and prevent frustration with Logos after purchasing the course only to find we need to spend more money to get the full benefit of the course.
- Ashar, several years back I suggested they not include those references recommended unless they were included with the recommended Platinum package but I see they continue. I also recommended they open those references (for the course duration) up as a good marketing tool that would help the student and could move them to purchase those resources for their library.