General • 9 members • 18,899 followers
- Learn more about the Old Testament law with Rebekah Josberger's course OT285 Introducing Torah. Dr. Josberger provides a passionate and insightful view of how God’s character is revealed in the Old Testament through His Torah. The course ships on June 21. Pre-order it now and save 40%.https://www.logos.com/product/145925/mobile-ed-ot285-introducing-torahwww.logos.com
- Dr. Michael Heiser explores another tough topic and difficult passage in this recent blog post.When Did Satan Fall like Lightning? - LogosTalkIn one of the more enigmatic verses in the Gospel of Luke, Jesus tells his disciples, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven” (Luke 10:18). The question isn’t about the “what” of Jesus’ statement. It’s clear that Satan is under judgment. Rather, the confusion is over the “when” of the statement. It might sound …blog.logos.com
- Join us today (Wednesday, June 6th at 11:30am PST) for a live conversation with Dr. Michael Heiser. He'll be addressing tough topics and difficult passages in the Bible.Logos Bible SoftwareSave the date! We'll be live in the Faithlife studio with Dr. Michael S. Heiser to talk about tackling some tough topics from the Bible. We'll also be taking your questions, so be sure to tune in!www.facebook.com
- The link doesn't work.
- It's working for me. Try this one: https://www.facebook.com/logos/videos/10156375588834932Logos Bible SoftwareSave the date! We'll be live in the Faithlife studio with Dr. Michael S. Heiser to talk about tackling some tough topics from the Bible. We'll also be taking your questions, so be sure to tune in!www.facebook.com
- I tried to watch Dr. Heiser, but I don't have a Facebook account. Is there any way I can watch it?
- Dr. Mark Chavalas provides a thorough overview of what life was like for women in the biblical world in this 2-course bundle. Dr. Chavalas surveys many texts from the ancient Near East and the Graeco-Roman world to show how women were portrayed in ancient literature and how they were protected (or not protected) by ancient law codes. He then compares and contrasts these texts with Old and New Testament texts about women. These courses will illuminate the diverse background of the biblical world and help you understand the Bible better yourself. They ship on May 30. Pre-order them now and save 40%!Mobile Ed: Women in the Biblical World Bundle (2 courses)www.logos.com
- What is the Trinity? How should we explain the Trinity?
- What/which scripture says/quotes the word Trinity?
- — EditedThe word "Trinity" is not found in the Bible. But is used to describe the single nature of God having three persons. That God is one and having three persons is a mystery to man; a mystery that other religions do not have; a mystery that Satan and his demons can not duplicate -- the reason why christian missionaries are successful in spiritual warfare in mission fields where people of other religions seek the help of christian missionaries when their respective native spiritual leaders fail to help them. When Jesus was tempted, He used scripture to defeat Satan; scripture(Deuteronomy) that God the Father spoke; scripture that is "given by inspiration of God"(2 Timothy 3:16)--"inspiration of God" being the Holy Spirit. In Jesus' temptation, the three persons of God was present although not as explicitly as in Jesus' baptism.
- BTW - This week we are recording a course on the doctrinal development of Trinity with Dr. Fred Sanders. Look for it next year. Until then, check out Mobile Ed: TH361 Perspectives on the Trinity: Eternal Generation and Subordination in Tension (4 hour course) on sale now for 50% off. https://www.logos.com/tough-topics#section-3Mobile Ed Tough Topics SaleBible study software that connects your life to the Word—Logos 7 helps you explore and understand the Bible with tools for Mac, PC, mobile devices, and the Web.www.logos.com
- Doesn't seem to be anything new going on in Logos groups.....you guys taking off for the summer? I understand; I plan on resting for a couple of weeks myself.
- published a newsletterReadGet Up To 60% Off Mobile Ed March Madness CoursesSale Ends March 31st 11:59 PMThis Year's Winner:
BI205 Old Testament Exegesis: Understanding and Applying the Old Testament
Embark on a journey of OT Hebrew exegesis with Jason DeRouchie. The books of the OT were the only Scriptures Jesus had. It was books like Genesis and Deuteronomy, Isaiah and Psalms that shaped Jesus’ upbringing and guided His life in ministry as the Jewish Messiah. This course will give you the tools you need to access meaning in the OT and then apply it to your life. It will help you to grow in reading God’s living Word for depth and not just distance.
- Paul always puts the relationship in instrumental terms, where the Spirit is responsible for the “washing” or “sealing.”But water washes,,,spirit seals. Separate images, it a single image for spirit...
- PaulBut Peter and Luke do repeatedly, and surely Rom 7:4