Joining this group grants temporary access to the "Notes Tool" in the Logos Bible Software desktop application. The purpose of this group is for beta testing and feedback, and to provide users a way to access notes on both the desktop and web applications.
Logos version 7.12 is required; the current beta is recommend to get the latest features.
- The desktop version of the Notes tool generally has the same functionality as the tool on app.logos.com. We are developing on web first, so there may be some lag while we implement new changes on the desktop app.
- Offline access (as of 7.13 beta 2).
What doesn't work (yet):
- Notes-tool notes do not yet display in your resources on desktop. (For example, highlights you create on selected text won't appear to be working, but you if you check the resource on the web app you should see that the highlight exists.)
- Notes-tool and note documents are separate. Notes created in a note document will not appear in the Notes Tool, and vice versa. Information on migrating your existing notes will be coming in the not-too-distant future.
- This should be treated as beta software, especially if using the beta update channel on the Logos desktop application, and as such we recommend using a dedicated testing machine or VM.
- You do NOT risk losing any of your existing Note documents. As stated above, the notes you create using this tool are stored separately from your existing note documents. Soon, it will be possible to import your previous/existing notes into the new tool.