Discussion Topic • Bellingham, WA • 98 members • 587 followers
About this group
A group for users of Logos Bible Software to discuss searching.Follow
- Welcome to the Logos Search group. This is a place for users of Logos Bible Software to talk about searching in the Logos desktop, web, and mobile apps. Share and learn tips, trade search examples, ask and answer questions, and show some of the cool insights you've gleaned from Logos's powerful searching and unique data sets—and let us know how we can make Logos searching even better.
- ENGLISH HEBREW DICTIONARY
- Messianic logos 10
- Can anyone explain this difference in results? I did a Factbook search for "Aldersgate experience" and selected both Topic Guide and Search from the results. From the resultant Topic Guide, I selected the Search as well. The suggested Search from the Topic Guide was for: topic:"Aldersgate experience" OR "Aldersgate experience" and the suggested Search from the Factbook was for: term:(timeline:"Aldersgate Day" OR topic:"Aldersgate experience" OR section:topic:"Aldersgate experience" OR milestone:timeline:"Aldersgate Day" OR milestone:topic:"Aldersgate experience" OR headword:"Aldersgate Day" OR headword:"Aldersgate experience" OR "Aldersgate Day" OR "Aldersgate experience") They both yielded the exact same results with one exception. The Search from the Topic Guide, the smaller suggestion, added a result section for Faithlife Sermons. My question is, why does the Factbook not also suggest Faithlife Sermons? And are there other similar differences in results from a Factbook Search and other Guides?
- Is the logos app, Faith.com etc., Roman Catholic?FaithFinding a partner that shares your love for the Lord can be hard in today’s society. Fortunately, there are a number of websites out there that cater to Christian dating — so you can easily find the right person that fits with your faith and values. Interested in buying Faith.com? Serious Inquiries: email@example.com. This site …faith.com
Rev. Kevin Obermeyer — EditedVerbum is the Catholic version of Logos https://verbum.com
- I recently bought a book from Logos on Jonathan Edwards by George Marsden. Now I cannot find it on Logos to read it. What to do?
- the God of Israel
- Hi, help please, no video works
Kevin — EditedHi Luis, Can you check in Tools -> Program Settings (at the very bottom) that 'Enable Hardware Acceleration' is ticked?
- I am trying to compose a search string to find all the places in the gospels where an imperative verb occurs with the word "agapaw" in any form. I've tried to organize a proximity search with NEAR but it's unsuccessful. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
- lemma.g:ἀγαπάω AND morph.g:V??M will find all verses where the two terms exist - but not necessarily related to each other. Does that help at all?
- It does Graham thanks and I tried another search lemma.g:ἀγαπάω AND morph.g:V??M and that also produced results that were useful Always appreciate your willingness to help
- how do I find bible commentaries? There used to be a list of about 18. Specificall, The Bible Knowledge Commentary
- Try running a Passage Guide on a passage and looking in the Commentaries section
- Gordon J. Kelsey, also, as of Logos 8, you can directly open the Commentaries Guide section as its own Guide. https://ref.ly/logos4/Guide?t=System+Guide+Customizations%3a+Commentaries+(Bible+Reference)&ref=BibleNJB.Col2.1-6
- Of course if you know the commentary you want, you can type its name in the bar at the top left, or its abbreviation BKC. Then the slanted parallel bars in the middle of the window will allow you to switch to other commentaries with the same passage
- I would like to find all the references to OUTLINES for the book of Zechariah in my library. I know they can be in my study bibles and commentaries, even encyclopedias. What would be the quickest way to Search?
- I've just tried right-click menu on the OUTLINE of the ESV Study Bible and then there was a Bible Outline icon, when opened in "books" gave me all I needed and more. What would the correct search string have looked like if done in Search ?
- If you selected Bible Outline on the left and then All Books on the right, a Books Search would have been generated using the string bibleOutline:reference:bible.esv:Zechariah - which is the required search string. Is that what you did?